PDA

View Full Version : Dye pants $150....what's goin on??

jayloo
12-27-2003, 06:53 PM
Maybe I have been under a rock for a couple months but I went to my local paintball store and saw some DYE pants for $150. Granted they looked cool and seemed well padded. But 150 bucks. Most folks can barely afford paint. Where did this come from?

FreakBaller12
12-27-2003, 06:56 PM
lol yea i went into my local pball store today, my friend was looking for pants and boom they are like 100, the sliding shorts were maybe 80-90.
i was like damn, my store just got all the 04' stuff in too.
oh well he picked up some jt's and i ended up buying some c4 dye gloves, they are pretty nice for $45 too.

hAppy
12-27-2003, 07:39 PM
you can buy like 4 jeans for a family w/ that same 150 that you blew off for fancy "dye" pants

the angel pants are like that too... damn paintball rips people off

afrankart
12-27-2003, 08:02 PM
Sure they are expensive, nice, and well made. I guess if you have a problem forking over the money for them, they are not for you.

If you look, they can be found for 130 or so, and guess what, dye will probably sell as many as they can make.

Tunaman
12-27-2003, 08:03 PM
Thats because you guys are looking in the WRONG place for Dye stuff. Email me. ;) :D

rikkter
12-27-2003, 09:38 PM
thats only their C4 pants tho. but still pretty ridicolous (sp?)
and Tuna, i'm sure if you had the DYE C4 pants, they'd be close to that price :P

their 04 hybrid pants are only like, 60, 70 bucks.
but still, i only see extra padding on the c4.. just insane

Tunaman
12-27-2003, 09:43 PM
Oh they are expensive...no doubt about that. But you get what you pay for.....

cphilip
12-27-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by rikkter
...and Tuna, i'm sure if you had the DYE C4 pants, they'd be close to that price :P

OK then don't ask him then. Have it your way. :rolleyes:

FalconGuy016
12-27-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by cphilip

OK then don't ask him then. Have it your way. :rolleyes:

at BurgerKing

Meph
12-27-2003, 09:46 PM
DYE is the Oakley of paintball, basically. Offering stuff that isn't better than what else it out there, but they slap that twisted Lexus symbol on there and charge double.

The problem really isn't that DYE's doing this. It's that people will actually pay the money so they're looked at as "cool." So that when they walk on the field people look at them and are like "By george Billy Bob, lookie thar, hes must be gooood."

It's all about the market. People will pay that much? Well then the companys and distributors will continue to charge that much.

Meph
12-27-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Tunaman
But you get what you pay for.....

Also, you pay for the name. Not just quality.

-=Squid=-
12-27-2003, 09:50 PM
Why was my post removed? I thought it was pretty funny, and didnt break any rules. Also, tuna, check your email, im interested in a CP rail.

tyrion2323
12-27-2003, 11:18 PM
In the end, they're just a bunch of expensive pants. They're not going to improve your game or make you run faster...
It's pretty useless to drop 150 bucks on a pair of pants that won't do anything...I'd rather save it up for a new tank or hopper or something else.
However, Dye gloves are by far the most comfortable glove I've worn.

Army
12-27-2003, 11:26 PM
Way under $80 for Paintball Junkies pants. Made as well (or better) than anything from DYE (of course, they're all made in the same Chinese province), and you're not buying anyones hype.

Bought size 36, and they fit great right away, I didn't have to adjust the waist-cinch at all. Fully meshed inside, and really tough outer fabrics. Sweet stuff!

-=Squid=-
12-27-2003, 11:43 PM
I have a pair of 03 hybrids, and I dont have any problem with them. They are fairly cheap, dont tair, and eliminate the need for kneepads.

maglover52
12-27-2003, 11:51 PM
yeah those are the c4 pants they make the hybrids to that are like 79. they are well worth the money very padded and very tough.

BlackVCG
12-27-2003, 11:55 PM
It's pretty naive to say that you're just paying for the name when it comes to DYE stuff.

Some DYE stuff needs to have tighter tolerances and more QC, but in general their stuff is top notch. I haven't found a tank cover that doesn't wear out until I started using the DYE Rhino Cover. Their barrels have a surface finish that's as good as it gets.

Dye is just like Nike, Adidas, Oakely, etc. They have an image that people like and they build quality products to go with it.

magman007
12-28-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by tyrion2323
In the end, they're just a bunch of expensive pants. They're not going to improve your game or make you run faster...
It's pretty useless to drop 150 bucks on a pair of pants that won't do anything...I'd rather save it up for a new tank or hopper or something else.
However, Dye gloves are by far the most comfortable glove I've worn.

Well you see, with built in kneepads, you dont need to wear restrictive knee pads, there fore, you could theoretically run faster with less restriction. also, their padding on the back helps grip your pack, there fore lowweing its bounce effect, there fore it adds comefort.

im sure the pants are worth the price. If you have that much of a problem with it then, go get some other pants and dont complain

Load SM5
12-28-2003, 12:22 AM
I'd love to have a pair. I hates me a kneepad and the smoken pants just don't seem to leave the pads where I need them. Hopefully Tuna can help a brotha out.:D

DiRTyBuNNy
12-28-2003, 12:41 AM
I'm going with the new Angel Pants (as soon as someone can tell me what waist size go with which size pants) and the Angel gloves feel even nicer than the C4 Dye's..

magman007
12-28-2003, 12:59 AM
are the angel ones in a fitted style? or are they swank and baggy?

-=Squid=-
12-28-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
I'm going with the new Angel Pants (as soon as someone can tell me what waist size go with which size pants) and the Angel gloves feel even nicer than the C4 Dye's.. Rocky Cagnoni was donning the angel pants at the memphis indoor, and they looked swank. If our team decides to not match pants this season im definitely gonna pick some up.

EDIT: Whoa, just scrolled up and noticed that magman just used the term swank as well!

LeatherPants
12-28-2003, 01:36 AM
Well a friend was able to sneek a pair of the C4 pants out for me before they were available to the public.

So yea they don't make me faster or a better player but here are some things I like about them

1. Built in knee pads are cool though I still wear my Redz underneath. The built in pads are not that thick.

2. Padded crotch. Yes a big plus. I still have slide shorts under but another patch of foam covering my nuts is cool with me.

3. Leg sleeves. The pants have sleeves like a sweater so that dirt and other stuff doesn't go up when you slide.

4. BOUNCES!!!!!!! These pants bounce like magic. Because of all the extra material and padding. I take bounces like crazy. Off the break, behind a standup it's great!

Things I don't like.

1. Heavy. Because of all the extra material they are significantly heavier than the Dye Hybrid pants.

2. Hot. Because of all......they're hot.

3. Expensive. I got them cheap but still $!

4. Large. The sizes run a bit bigger than the normal Hybrid pants.