PDA

View Full Version : Warp question

MarkM
12-27-2003, 06:58 PM
Ok I have knocked the idea of using a warp more than once (not the concept more the weight/setup) but being as it is coming up to New Year and the resolutions etc thing and all that. I am considering trying a warp...however I have a couple of questions..
I realise that I can modify somewhat the battery to gain more oomph, but what is the difference between the AGD version for all AGD markers and the "other" markers version? Surely the two are the same but obviously not, so what are these differences?
I do also know that I could do a search but then when people have talked about warps before the info gets more than a little diluted so I would be searching for sometime to get the info I want.

vf-xx
12-27-2003, 07:07 PM
The difference between the AGD one and the PTP one is that the PTP has an extra vibration sensor on the mounting bracket and it generally comes with some specialized 90* adapters that are threaded to replace the feedneck.

MarkM
12-27-2003, 07:42 PM
Is that it? I realised the feed neck but that was all I could understand. Has anyone got a pic showing this sensor difference...and can this sensor be rigged to anything other than vibration? The store just shows a sideways view and that to be honest tells me nothing...thanks.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-28-2003, 03:43 AM
if you got a x or emag or a intelliframe you can hook it up so that every time you pull the trigger you activate the warp loader.

Beemer
12-28-2003, 08:19 AM
Ok I have knocked the idea of using a warp more than once (not the concept more the weight/setup)

This shift is truely taking longer then I thought it would.
Back in 87 when Tom asked us what we needed in a gun one of the things we said was take the hopper off the top of the gun. I have heard and read all of the cons.

The number one pro is hopper off the top and a bonus of being able to shoot sideways or even upside down.

I am considering trying a warp

Complete the shift get out of the box. See ya on this side.

MarkM
12-28-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
if you got a x or emag or a intelliframe you can hook it up so that every time you pull the trigger you activate the warp loader.

I won't be getting an e x or intelliframe I am perfectly happy with my Angel...hence the original question about the differences ;) But still waiting on someone who has pictures of these differences, afterall picture attachments have been switched back on. I have more than enough hoppers to feed the warp from rico's to revvy's to egg's to Halo's ;) so that is not an issue for me.

coolcatpete
12-28-2003, 11:43 AM
What kinf of angel is it becasue I know that some angels have intellifeed port thing in them, or just look here http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=95&CATID=15
I dont think that the speeds have it, oh well I tried.
Pete.

paint magnet
12-28-2003, 11:52 AM
Yes, you should be able to intellifeed the warp to an Angel. Depending on what model it is you may be able to run the warp off the gun's battery (the LED's, LCD's and Ir3's should run it but the Speeds and A4's with the 4.8 v. batteries don't have the juice)

My recommendation: Try it. If you don't like it you can always sell it, and right now you can get them cheaper than high end hoppers.

MarkM
12-28-2003, 01:26 PM
Ok thanks so far for the advice...I can intellifeed from a Speed, swap the cover for an IR3 one and off I go, same as intellifeeding an Egg (it can be done) but that isn't high on my list of things to do. I need the pics to see what these different sensors are like as I have said AGD's store doesn't have the view I need nor does PTP's site. I need pics of an on marker fitted warp and ideally one fitted to a non AGD marker so I can see how it hooks up or not with this "other" sensor. The feedneck isn't a problem has I have a PTP adapter I can remove from my 'cocker and a spare Shocker feed neck...yes I know, where do I have all these things well I seem to collect parts as well as markers and never get around to selling anything...all I have ever sold big stuff wise is a Bushmaster pump years ago and an LCD Angel with a handful of barrels...but I am rambling. I need pictures please.

-=Squid=-
12-28-2003, 01:41 PM
if your putting it on your angel, get the PTP one. It comes with the proper mounting brackets, and the sensor works much better. Didnt WAS come out with a board for the warp?

MarkM
12-28-2003, 01:50 PM
The brackets are again not a problem...look at my location Mr Squeek (sorry Mr Sosta :D)is only 45 minutes from me so a custom bracket properly lightened would be used...even the normal brackets are modded by him before sale. It is this sensor hook up I want to know about...not the connection to the marker but to the warp as so far it seems there are two types...come on people, which part of I need the pic's don't you understand? :mad: :D :( :confused:

1stdeadeye
12-28-2003, 02:03 PM
PM or contact HavocOnline.

He does the Big Cell Mods to make the batteries last longer. He also adds the on/off switch to them. I believe he actually has a thread in the Techincal Cornor with the answers you seek!

yeahthatsme
12-28-2003, 02:13 PM
the difference, i believe, is that the pro team warp has an extra sensor on the mounting rail that is connected to the warp, and that the mounting rail is more adjustable. besides that and the 90* fitting the agd and PTP warps are the same(i think)

MarkM
12-28-2003, 02:24 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAGH!!! what the hell does this sensor hook up LOOK like...I can get an adjustable lightened mounting bracket as I have already said via John Sosta...AGDE. I have known John since the real early days of paintball in the UK way back to before I played on his paintball site Operation Wolf. I even have a trophy for coming second at one of his tournys.
1st Deadeye I did take a look through the tech section and over 12 pages only found the links to Robs hack page and to be honest they are far from pretty but then it is called Robs Hack Page ;) So perhaps it will have to be HavocOnline.....seems crazy that I am asking for pics and yet normally no-one is backwards in coming forward with unrelated pics :confused:

1stdeadeye
12-28-2003, 02:29 PM
The thread in the Tech Forum is called: All about the Warp Feed" It is a classic and right now is the fouth one down. For specific questions, PM Havoc. He fixed mine nicely and inexpensively!

MarkM
12-28-2003, 03:12 PM
Ok read it now and I see what you mean and actually the sensor pic I needed was not included but spoken about and it seems that the common advice is "not needed" and go with the "big cell mod"..seems thats a lot of people have problems with the sensitivity and the dwell but given the pricing differences between the AGD version and the PTP and throwing into the mix the "mods" the AGD straight version will be better suited to what I am after.
It is just a suck it and see experiment for me...what does seem to worry me though is the need to attach a Halo as although I have one and have zero problems with it on my Angel it would appear to be the only way to get the full ball feeding speed with the warp and that is a little counter productive for me as I know I will be adding wieght with a warp but to also add a Halo...oh well I can but try it.

Beemer
12-28-2003, 03:27 PM
I know I will be adding wieght with a warp but to also add a Halo...oh well I can but try it.

A couple ounces aint gonna kill ya,start doing those 12 ounce curls to get that arm in shape and get on with the shift. You will love it.

1stdeadeye
12-28-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by MarkM
what does seem to worry me though is the need to attach a Halo as although I have one and have zero problems with it on my Angel it would appear to be the only way to get the full ball feeding speed with the warp and that is a little counter productive for me as I know I will be adding wieght with a warp but to also add a Halo...oh well I can but try it.

I run mine with an Eggo II on my X-Mag and have yet to outshoot it. Just an opinion.

mark_426
12-28-2003, 04:41 PM
if you are intellifeeding it, there would be no difference. the vibration sensor is just located different. neither would be worth it, the ones i tried weren't even sensitive enough when i used my old mag, so the angel probably wont activate without intellifeed. just intellifeed it and save the time.

plus, heres a pic

MarkM
12-28-2003, 04:44 PM
Finally someone who understood what I was trying to get the info for thank you :)

mark_426
12-28-2003, 04:47 PM
;)

now all i need is for you get me a deal with TAG for a speed...