PDA

View Full Version : Are the trigger jobs at Magcentral.com any good?

PowerFedMag
09-06-2001, 05:44 PM
and the other stuff on that site, or is it a load of stock part destroying crap?

PyRo
09-06-2001, 06:57 PM
Most trigger jobs, will do nothing but decrease the preformance of your gun. Leaks, shootdown, along with bolt and sear wear, are problems commonly associated with trigger jobs.
I havent seen exactly what the magcentral trigger jobs are, so i cannot really tell you how it will have an effect on your gun.

68 Mag
09-06-2001, 07:46 PM
I think they would simply increase wear on parts.

Chaos
09-06-2001, 07:52 PM
ok I think something was mis interpreted here. There are trigger job REVIEWS written by members, most of which are being taken down due to the fact that I'm re-writing my own since the members (not I) that wrote them just copied them from other sites. NO WHERE on the site does it say that MagCentral.org (.org not .com) does trigger jobs for anyone.

Now, yes I do do trigger jobs for MYSELF. I play around and have a few interesting concepts for a mag's trigger that work well, but only with their custom setup, as for reliability the STOCK sear is still the most reliable. As for the reviews at MagCentral.org, they are Reviews, and the Articles are just articles, which are opinions of the writer (something many people forget). If they were written by me personally, they're what I have found in the field, such as the Ricochet 2k review is the from the data i collected from my experience with it in testing and such. As for the trigger jobs I do, if someone wants me to do one on their gun I will if they really want, altho typically I will NOT because I dont want to because its a waiste of my time. Anyone that has emailed me lately I've told that I do not do trigger jobs, so I'm not sure where this information was received. If it does in fact say somewhere on the site that MagCentral.org does trigger jobs, please let me know, because we do not.

As for the credibility of information on the site, most of it is written by me personally which I write through tests and experiences, if it is not written by me I will state that, which then it has been reviewed by me, and posted on the site. Word of wisdom, remember all articles and reviews are just opinions, any information gained in APG and PGI are just as creditable from a review there as it is in these or other forums, online, or anywhere else. The only difference is the magazines are published and sold to you.

Chaos
09-06-2001, 07:57 PM
oh and if i read it wrong and you're asking if you performed them yourself if they help, personally I have not done them so I wouldnt' know, most are pretty much a copy from Ravi Chopra's site (which is why I'm taking them down, I despise that guy and find his information misleading and unfactual with no backup to support the information).

If you want a nice trigger, get a new frame, if you wanna play around get a Zvalve. The only trigger modification I like is an autoresponse which is unreliable and a spring assisted trigger (similar to cocker, I found a way to rig it up so it feels pretty nice), other than that polishing wont make a difference you'll notice except possibly polishing the sides of the sear if it contacts your frame which it shouldn't.

-Jôker-
09-06-2001, 08:55 PM
ive never seen a good trigger job on any gun to tell you the truth... i think they are a waste of time exspecially on mags mags come with a good pull i say leave it be :cool:

Whisky
09-07-2001, 07:53 AM
I read once in paintball2xtreme that if Tom Kaye didn`t make it, don`t take it. There is not much you can do to that trigger that will not damage your gun.