PDA

View Full Version : I Got 2 Tippi Squadbusters for X-mas and I Have Some Questions

KornKamp02
12-27-2003, 11:22 PM
Ok, I got a couple squadbusters for X-Mas and I have some serious ?'s.

1. Should I be afraid to move them around? I just got them out of the package and I'm afraid to move 'em around too much.

2. Exactly how much paint will it let out? I'm afriad thatif I throw them and either I will eliminate myself or drench another player and get them pissed off at me.

3. Does it hurt to have one go off directly on you?

4. If I use one will people get pissed? I don't ant them to be like illegal.

5. How do I carry them on the field? Should I just put them in my pockets?

6. Is it easy to pull the pin and cap? Like, is it easy enough so I could do it on accident?

7. Can you refill them? They cost $5 a piece, I don't want to buy another set.

8. Is there a chance at any of them being duds and not going off? If so, if I go to pick it up will it go in my face?

Thanks, and if I have anymore I will post 'em here. :)

personman
12-27-2003, 11:30 PM
All it is is a bottle with paint in it. It has no explosive charge or pressure in it at all. When you throw it make sure that you put a little spin on it so paint comes out.
And they arent worth the price, thats why no one uses them (that, and they are completely worthless in-game)
Unless I'm mistaken that is, I could be wrong but that is how the one my brother got was.

Army
12-27-2003, 11:36 PM
They must be thrown HARD in order to activate the nozzles. Since they do NOT explode by any means, they are perfectly safe at all times (they squirt, not burst) when the red cap and pin are still attached correctly.

The amount is about a measured cup, which gets strewn all about, but not in any calculated direction. It's purely random where the paint goes. They are simply a rubber tube, which creates it's own pressure when it gets filled up and expands...just like a balloon. They do not use any form of explosive powders or chemicals.

I suppose you could refill them, but it is likely a royal pain.

Duds are common when they aren't thrown hard enough. Do NOT throw directly at a player, if it does not go off, that player is gonna be mad at you:D

KornKamp02
12-27-2003, 11:51 PM
lol, ok, sound easy enough, I was thinking of it way too complicated :D

personman
12-27-2003, 11:55 PM
No! Army is wrong!
When you pull the pin of a Tippmann Squadbuster, you have exactly 1 second to throw it before it explodes!

KornKamp02
12-28-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by personman
No! Army is wrong!
When you pull the pin of a Tippmann Squadbuster, you have exactly 1 second to throw it before it explodes! :rolleyes:

adam shannon
12-28-2003, 12:09 AM
there are some websites that tell ow to make grenades and refill them. all they are is medical tubing like they tie off your arm with when you give blood. you can refill them as long as you have enough pressure...like one of those big horse syringes...no needle just the tube to fill with paint and inject the tube. there is a ball bearing in the end that holds the pressure back....not sure how you can replace that. they work by pressure. when you pull the pin and throw it the overpressure caused by the force of impact on the ground causes the pressure inside to build and the ball bearing to come loose. when that happens the paint squirts out of the tube willy nilly like a hose spinning loose on the ground if you drop it.

the grenades are safe lying around. once the pin is pulled and the cap comes off watch out. ive seen many kids find a dud on the ground that wasnt thrown with enough force to go off come off the field holding ne just to have it explode in his face while he plays with it.

the force of the paint squirting isnt much...you likely wont even feel it unless you get really hosed then youll just feel wet. the paint in the squadbuster is just watered down latex house type paint...not like actual paintballs..so refilling them if you learn how is cheap. there are also powder based refills for the viper mine that you mix yourself.

in short grenades are fun in big games or rec play with newbs( or if your the newb and you get an experienced player with one...and yes i got hosed at the megameet by a kid with a squadbuster...its a humbling experience)...but overall after the novelty wears off not worth $5 each. now paint mines...thats a whole new level of fun for scenario games. most use 12 gram cartriges and refillable paint. the best is the look on a group of guys faces when they get totally hosed and walk off painted from head to toe.

*ArKfEaR*
12-28-2003, 01:15 AM
Wow I really thought you were being sarcastic... but I guess not.

KornKamp02
12-28-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by *ArKfEaR*
Wow I really thought you were being sarcastic... but I guess not. Who was being sarcastic?

DeeEight
12-28-2003, 02:09 AM
the fill in the wet willies brand grenades is corn-starch based and definitely resistent to repeated washings with TIDE. They also burst really well and jump a lot higher than a squadbuster. They're also smaller and you can fit more of them in a pocket/pouch.

joshweinerhead
12-28-2003, 09:35 AM
i have a sort of funny story
my team is sponsored by the field we play at so we have to do all the air fills for our selves ... and i was filling my air and talking to this ref i know ... and one of the other refs just came back with his group and thought it would be funny to throw a squadbuster at us ... as he yelled heads up me and the other ref ran .. it landed on the ground and did nothing ..so it was now pay back time ... i picked it up and launched it at him ... he was covered in light blue paint along with half of the fill station .. this was around 11 am ... he had to explain to about 50 walk ons why he was covered in blue the rest of the day

trains are bad
12-28-2003, 08:00 PM
Only bad thing is $$

Throw them UP so they hit hard. They suck in high grass, don't even throw. A lot of us take the mesh off. You really should refill them, someone sells a refilling/paintgrenade making kit.

Xyxyll
12-29-2003, 03:17 AM
I got two for xmas too!

Don't be afraid about carting them around. After a scenario game I forgot I had one still in my pocket and my mom washed my clothes. The grenade survived the washer fine. ;)

rOOster14
12-29-2003, 03:31 AM
ok well this is a little off your topic but, we were playing a clean up game at the end of the day, ( i was playing open games at a birthday party) and im in the snake and this ref is standing right next to me, so this kid throws a paintgrenade, trying to get it over the snake, but he throws it like a baseball and it hits the ref right in the stomach. The ref wasnt expecting it and it knocked all the wind out of him... and man that ref was hellapissed. all in all it was hilarious. but yeah they arnt really worht having they are funny though... we were playing a game at my friends junko field and he threw one at me and it landed right inbetween me and the bunker and this nasty white paint got all over me and my gun... o well. sorry to clutter.
-rOOster-

ExtremeODD
12-29-2003, 07:43 AM
that reminds me of when i was first playing with my friend, i was a newb, and had a nade, he didnt know, i snuck up, and WHIPPED it at him, it nailed him strait in the nuts, he fell, then it blew up, and most of it shot UNDER his mask, that was hilarous