PDA

View Full Version : help a ninja out

FeuerFri
12-28-2003, 12:25 AM
alright guys, i need some sugguestions. i plan on getting a new gun and i have it down to 2 choices, and angel speed, or an e-mag. what i wanna know is, between the 2 what would you guys say it the most reliable, consistant, and overal better and why. i wanna just buy this gun and not worry bout anything more than a new barrel and air. oh, and if you got another suggustion, i dont wanna spend more than 850 on the gun.

sneakyhacker420
12-28-2003, 12:59 AM
e-mag all the way

simpler, smaller, lighter, faster (with 3.2 software), more reliable... the list goes on

afrankart
12-28-2003, 01:00 AM
For 850, you can get an unmilled black viking. I personally would take one over either of your two choices. They are super consistant, the most efficient marker to date, and with WAS and eyes they are way way faster than you could possibly shoot it. Also, IMO AKA has the absolute best warranty, it is for the duration of your ownership. Plus, they are built like tanks.

personman
12-28-2003, 01:57 AM
They look like tanks too ;)
Its pretty neck in neck, I would say, between the stock speed and the stock E-mag. I believe the Speed is lighter than a stock emag, and probally goes a bit faster too, however, when you upgrade an Emag to 3.2 and all ULE, it can be a kickarse gun!!!
I've never owned a speed though.
Just go with the E-mag :D

SpecialBlend2786
12-28-2003, 02:44 AM
You can get a WGP Nightkast at www.paintballgateway.com for $849 plus free 2 day shipping. Incredible marker.

magman007
12-28-2003, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
e-mag all the way

simpler, smaller, lighter, faster (with 3.2 software), more reliable... the list goes on

um... right. e-mag is no way faster. Ive owned an sfl, ive owned a regular e-mag, ive owned more mags than you can imagine. Ive also owned trixes. Ive owned cockers and the like. The one marker i am truely happy with is the speed.

The speed is fast, faster than you will ever need. It is light, i actually believe it is lighter than an all ule e-mag. if not damn close. IT is simple. Nothing beats a mag in simplicity, but the angel is damn easy to work on.

More reliable? thats debatable, i never had a problem with either.

the trigger is easier to work as well, one of the points i didnt like about the e-mag, was that the trigger, while good, wasnt great. the speed trigger is amazing

the speed is also much much much more efficient. Face it guys, mags are gas hogs.

Spaceframe. yes this should be an added plus. the space frame is so damn comefortable, you will find your self playing tighter, with more comefort.

Sensi works BTW. Everyone says it causes problems, those are the people who had IR3's when the cops sensor had problems. its a carried myth, sorta like mags chop.

dunno if you are a tinkerer or not. the speed can be tinkered with, or left alone, and still perform absolutely amazingly.

The speed is built on a tried and true electro platform. the same baisic design hasnt changed since 96 and it is still working strong. lets put it this way. its been around since the retrovalve, so they are even on this point.

trigger adjustability is much easier, and more fine tuneable.

aftermarket triggers can be purchased in a variety of different shapes and sizes for your triggering comefort, there are 2 aftermarket e-mag triggers, one of which you can buy, the other was discontinued.

the speed also comes in different colors stock. no need to go buy a ule body. If you want a blue gun, buy it blue, dont get it in black, and go through the hassle of re annoing that you would have to do with your e-mag.

Price! the speed is now priced very well with the introducing of MAP pricing.

Most sites sell the speed with extra goodies too, like the a4 bolt, a clamping feed neck, and other things.

your on a magboard, what did you expect the answer to be?
ask this over at www.angel-owners.com and see what they say there

Hope this helped. In all the guns i have owned, the speed is the one least likely to leave my side any time soon.

$tevo
12-28-2003, 11:59 AM
i would just go with an emag or viking. both fast, sturdy, reliable, and drop dead sexy. and i know i can trust both of the companies.

www.ontargetentertainment.com has vikings for sale, and they have lifetime warrenties. check em out

Adrenaline_Junkie
12-28-2003, 12:57 PM
Get a Viking. The ones i have used were reliable, fast, and they work at an extremely low pressure compared to most markers.

hAppy
12-28-2003, 02:09 PM
emags are fine for the money

1stdeadeye
12-28-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
e-mag all the way

Emags are great. They have the mechanical back-up built it. They are insanely fast. The one thing they are not is light!:rolleyes: For that, get an X-Mag!

Blazingace
12-28-2003, 02:25 PM
I voted other. I would suggest the E-mag if it is ULE and 3.2. The best way to see what you want to drop mad loot on is to shoot it. Go to the field and shoot the guns in question. I would reccomend the E-mag. The gun is just as fast as a Speed and IMO much sexier. Matrixes are nice too.

magman007
12-28-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by $tevo
i would just go with an emag or viking. both fast, sturdy, reliable, and drop dead sexy. and i know i can trust both of the companies.

www.ontargetentertainment.com has vikings for sale, and they have lifetime warrenties. check em out

so you are insinuating that the angel is none of these? The speed is one of the most "solid" guns i have ever used. Its also damn fast, as fast, if not faster than my trix, and it rivals the viking in speed.

if you are about the LP craze and want your angel low pressure like a viking, then throw on a volumizer.

The angel also has great service. Im proud to know that if in the event my angel goes down, i can send it to a local service center and have it fixed lickity split. but the only man touching my gun, is TAG. this is one of the reasons i went to an angel, was for TAG. he is the nicest guy, and one of the best damn techs around.

FeuerFri
12-28-2003, 04:25 PM
i would love to goto a local store and hold em and see how they feel but both the shops round here are cockers crazed, except frenchie, he is into timmys and impys, and they always argue with me about mags and the like. i was realy wanting a matrix but my friends is kind iffy so i dont think that those are for me. dont want a cocker, now way, no how, i don't wanna have to mess anthing to much, been there, done that. the vikings look nice but for the eyes and erey thang it would put over my limit, and i cannot spend more than that on just the gun.

i thought the e-mags are coming with the x-valve, ule body and 3.2? that is what i was told another thread. plus the weight dont matter much, i do not have muscular discrafy(sp?), and if i have to much trouble, i am sure bench pressing some philly blunts can fix that lol.

magman007
12-28-2003, 05:48 PM
the speed is a no hastle gun, flip it on and go bro!

FeuerFri
12-29-2003, 08:04 PM
can the emag be intelli fed?

RenagadeOfFunk
12-29-2003, 09:17 PM
Speed...and not just because I have one...

...I prefer the angel over the e-mag...

...first its $5 less ;)
and then its way freaking better on gas...seni works great...lighter than e-mag...can get even a LOWER psi with volumizers...so much better than all other angels (besides A4) with all its stock uprades (smaller bolt/faster than an e-mag 30bps/comes with a sensor/more gas flow/5 modes of fire/and angel speed has 60% less valve dwell=fast!)
3 point adjust ment (front back and where the gun fires :))...

...most voted for e-mags cause after all this is an AUTOMAG forum...

cledford
12-29-2003, 09:32 PM
As a Viking owner (on my second, now a '03 WAS'd half-mill) and a 3.2 ULE Emag owner I say go with the Emag without a question. I believe they now come ULE'd and with the Xvalve. You won't ever need an eye with level 10 and it (with 3.2) is fast enough that with you pulling you couldn't top it with the Viking. It is lighter, more reliable and easier to maintain. Here's why I've said the above.

My current Viking (bought in August and lightly used) has already had a LPR go bad. Also my SCM has been crap since I got it. AKA is having some quality issues right now.

The gun can still chop with eyes - did it this weekend when using my revi due to a HALO failure. Had 2 chops. Don't chop anymore at all with the Emag+level 10.

Vikings are now having a SERIOUS FSDO PROBLEMS. It is affecting a number of users, is getting worse during the cold, and AKA is still trying to figure it out. The Emag will NEVER suffer from FSDO.

The Viking supposedly only requires 2 drops of oil to maintain. The truth is that to properly service and tune the marker you need an additional $50 dollar tool kit. You CANNOT take the Viking apart with out their special tool. Heck you can't even properly adjust the LPR without it. The mag does not suffer from this. Some people will say "who needs to take it apart - it never breaks." Well, my LPR and recent ram issues show that you WILL at some point need to disassemble the marker - unless you like shipping your gun halfway across the country to let someone else fix it. Further more the Viking has several "systems" which can fail. Ram, LPR, main reg, and electronics. The Emag has 2 - maybe three depending on how you count. The valve, electronics, and possibly level 10. The electronics don't count due to RT manual mode - so that leaves 2 to 4 - with one of the AGD being user serviceable - the reg. With the Viking (since they don't sell parts kits) you have to wait till it breaks to get replacements. The Mag valve can be rebuilt in as little as 10 minutes and you're back on the field.

My Viking is my backup marker due to the current issues - especially the FSDO. (see PBN AKA forum for details) The only time I would unquestionably choose it over the Emag is if I knew I would be unable to get a fill after 1100 rounds - like at scenario. Otherwise I get a fill in the morning and 1 at lunch, and that carries me through a case of paint and then some with the Emag.

-Calvin

magmonkey
12-29-2003, 10:05 PM
ule 3.2 emag is lighter than a fly angel and an xmag
we aren't talking about a generation 1 ss body emag

emag and viking tied for #1

speed is fast but just ok,for the money you can do better.

just my personal oppinion your best bet is to shoot them and see what you think