PDA

View Full Version : Touchy story.

Gobrian
12-28-2003, 01:15 AM
Here's something I came across that is just... well read it.
http://xtremepaintballcanada.com/vancouver/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=35&t=1544&s=

personman
12-28-2003, 01:22 AM
Wow.. thats pretty amazing!

Prezents
12-28-2003, 01:28 AM
It is great to see something like this happen. It brings out the true meaning of Christmas.
Happy holidays to ALL!

Tom B.

LittlePaintballBoy
12-28-2003, 01:29 AM
That is awesome, That sierra guy is truly a great man, wow.:o :eek:

KornKamp02
12-28-2003, 02:00 AM
I have joined that site just so I could reply and I have posted the story on every site I'm on!

Big_Chops
12-28-2003, 02:15 AM
wow. thats the nicest thing i have ever heard of. when this kid gets better i am going to try very hard to make it up there and play paintball with him.

trevorjk
12-28-2003, 02:21 AM
wow... im speachless there truly are people in this world that do truly care for one another... it seriously brought a tear to my eye.

Hephaestus
12-28-2003, 02:23 AM
After reading that story I am so touched by the outpour of support from those in the PB network. Even reaching all the way out here in AO. Thanks for sharing with us what you found Gobrian. Having this kid fruit_loops living in my area makes it feel like he was my neighbour's son. Now time to drop him a note to get well soon. I'm hopefull that he will one day come out and watch or even play.

trevorjk
12-28-2003, 02:29 AM
i play a few online games and i have posted that link my self in some of those threads... the games an international game to so its cool

Beemer
12-28-2003, 02:30 AM
Did ya read that whole thread. Props to KornKamp02 for posting and mentioning AO.

Let him shoot our guns,hell we could all chip in a dollar and send him an Automag.

[email protected]

SpecialBlend2786
12-28-2003, 02:37 AM
aww man, that is soo awesome. above and beyond the call of duty. i hope God rewards people like that extremely well....they deserve it.

Woogie12
12-28-2003, 02:41 AM
Wow, seeing something like that gives me the chills yet makes me warm and fuzzy on the indside at the same time. If I ever met that guy, I would bow to him.

breg
12-28-2003, 02:45 AM
And people say that santa is not real...

I think a few folks in Canada might beg to differ...

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-28-2003, 03:25 AM
*sniffle* this is just the thing that will keep me up till 3am. makes me wanna give away something to a special someone out there (you know who you are ;) )

SpecialBlend2786
12-28-2003, 03:31 AM
awww, dude, dont worry about it. you dont need to give me anything Snyper :p jk

yeah, but anyway suddenly i've in a very charitable mood.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-28-2003, 03:34 AM
lol maybe i should have been more specific on that "special person" lemme give u a hint. NOT YOU! :p . i feel so mean now :(

Chojin Man
12-28-2003, 03:57 AM
aww that is a great story thanks for sharing Gobrian

joshweinerhead
12-28-2003, 09:21 AM
thats an awesome story

lord1234
12-28-2003, 09:37 AM
wow very touching indeed...a definite present that will help him out and give something to ease the pain...good deal! sierra i hope u read these forums...this one is for you.

oldsoldier
12-28-2003, 10:01 AM
Spread this story out on any other boards you subscribe to. I think we lose touch with reality alot. A story like this makes you realize that the world isnt about you. It is about who you reach out to.

TheDoveDecends
12-28-2003, 10:28 AM
That's amazing. All I could think about when i read that was "wow.. this is something that would happen in a movie".
What a wonderful man this person must be.

sneakyhacker420
12-28-2003, 10:43 AM
now thats one hell of a christmas :eek: :cool:http://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Emily
12-28-2003, 11:11 AM
Wow is all i can say...

Everyone needs to read this

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
12-28-2003, 12:42 PM
That story really is touching

now all we have to do is get this kid out on the paintball field.

Enigma4you
12-28-2003, 01:09 PM
I was stunned. Lesson learned. A random act of kindness. Who would have thought that treat a person the way that we would all want to be treated would ever have become the exception instead of the rule. My hats of to everyone involved

phantomhitman
12-28-2003, 01:27 PM
that is truly great. i am glad some people still care that much. makes me feel bad for not doing much though :( . i have to do something now.

Beemer
12-28-2003, 01:36 PM
Everyone needs to read this

makes me wanna give away something to a special someone out there (you know who you are )

hell we could all chip in a dollar and send him an Automag

makes me feel bad for not doing much though . i have to do something now.

1stdeadeye
12-28-2003, 02:38 PM
Thank you for the link. It is a very touching Christmas Story!

robertjuric
12-28-2003, 02:54 PM
omg, that story is soo.....wow, just wow, im speechless

hAppy
12-28-2003, 04:50 PM
damn that makes me feel so weird inside

its a touching story, i wish there were more people like that mysterious man

ASDadam
12-28-2003, 10:15 PM
Thats what living is all about. People like him are the reason why there is still hope for the human race...

Emily
12-28-2003, 11:40 PM
up

JT2002
12-29-2003, 12:21 AM
thats a great story, shows teh true christmas spirit.
Happy Holidays!

Xas
12-29-2003, 01:41 AM
very touching story,
great christmas spirit, everyone should read it

Paintoloo
12-29-2003, 10:18 AM
This is a great story. I don't think anybody would ever be that kind to me. I know this my sound stupid or selfish or bad or something, but I know in the story the kid got a wireless adapter for the XBOX and wanted to know where I could get one?

Automaggin2
12-29-2003, 01:13 PM
Wow, holy god, thats amazing.

The Frymarker
12-30-2003, 11:58 AM
That is so nice!

I emailed the owner of the thread, hopefully they will get back to me, if not I am glad I had the chance to read it.

Gabriel
12-30-2003, 01:03 PM
up

Gabriel
12-30-2003, 01:08 PM
better yet, mods can we sticky this?

ZSigErik
12-30-2003, 01:25 PM
the link doesnt work for me, please, someone post the story or copy and it and put it somewhere where i can read it.

all i get is a lycos redirect to a search engine! help!

Beemer
12-30-2003, 04:05 PM
Posted: Dec 26 2003, 05:14 PM

The Fighter!

Group: The Fighter!
Member No.: 866

I am posting this on behalf of my son whom you see coming to visit this great site as fruit_loops. My son is 13 years old and very sick. He wants to play paintball but his disease wouldn't allow him. His friends play paintball while he is left at home in the mercy of pain.

Ever since he registered with this great site, no day would pass without him checking what's new with paintball in Canada. He reads them, both of us actually, and finds fun in reading them. He loves clicking on the flags to change provincial locations. He boasts of being able to know what's happening in paintball in different provinces just by clicking the flags. He loves looking at your markers tirelessly in the showcase.

2 nights ago, he checked the Live Chat feature but I remember him saying nobody was online. Then suddenly "Welcome" was sounded from his speakers. It was the Support Crew. Then they started chatting. The guy from the other end asked him how he was doing and my little man answered, "I have a headache". I remember the guy asking him questions about how frequent his headache occurs, what type of pain, what his age was and whether he has seizures. My son answered them truthfully. Then, the guy asked him if he was taking medicines and if he is, what medicines were they. My son listed his medicines then suddenly the guy said ... "You must be very sick buddy. Are you on chemo?" I started to wonder, how come a computer guy can be conversant in the medical field, too. Their conversation became so interesting until the guy said: "Correct me if I'm wrong and you may not answer my question if you wish. Did your doctor tell you that your seizures is caused by meningioma?" That totally stopped my heart and my suspicion that he might be a medical professional was proven right. A computer guy knows medical diagnosis just by interviewing? I thought, only kids use this site.

The guy asked my son if he can ask permission from me to phone him. Thinking why not, I gave our number. We had a chat and he was such a nice guy. Changing topics, he asked what presents he received for Christmas. Then asked my son what he wanted that he didn't get. He replied: "xbox. My nintendo is too old". The guy casually said, you'll have it pretty soon, don't worry. My 13-year old kid replied: I will work for it when I get well.

About 1 'o clock this afternoon, a lady knocked on our door with a big gift nicely wrapped. I asked where it came from and she answered me: open the box when I leave. At the sight of the big present, my poor son whispered: "this is the biggest present I have ever received". The lady introduced herself as "Stacey". According to her, they got our address from our phone number then left while we were still at the door.

When we opened the present, it's an XBOX! I found myself lost in tears while my son was so amused. I thought it was from a relative. It came complete with everything he needs: a wireless router, a wireless xbox adapter, 2 wireless controllers, 2 headsets, a prepaid xbox Live subscription for 1 year and 10 DVD games. More tears flowed from my eyes, I will never afford to buy my son these stuff. A card was enclosed: "This must be your missing gift. I hope this takes some of your pain away. It's all wireless so you won't bother getting up just to play. A technician will come by your place and hook you up with high-speed internet and make sure that you will be playing your xbox before the day ends. Tell your mom not to worry about anything. I already created your Gamer Tag and I will play online against you soon. Be sure to beat me. Get well buddy. Be strong. I'll always remember you. Pdx.Sierra (xtremepaintballcanada.com)". He was the guy my son had a chat with and must be one of the Support Crew.

About 3 'o clock, the technician came and brought with him a high-speed modem and hooked my little man's xbox and fixed our computer. With just a phone call the technician made, we got upgraded from dial-up to broadband prepaid for one year. He played a game with him before he left. He requested to keep the identities of everyone involved.

I'm in tears. I definitely am. We will never forget your kindness, sir. Please call us back. Thank you thank you. May the Lord help you and keep you safe always.

To you all who participate in this site, thank you. You all help ease the pain and hardships my son is suffering day in and day out. Thank you. Happy holidays everyone.

--------------------

I'm tough guy because of you all

You need to get to the link and read the other posts to

ZSigErik
12-31-2003, 12:16 AM
simply amazing (*tear rols down eye*)

thanks beemer

shadowfalcon78
12-31-2003, 12:46 AM
:( that was a touching story. a very kind person:D

Gobrian
01-05-2004, 06:21 PM
"For 10 days, his charisma filled the world and temporarily united all people from all nations. Not the use of any word will ever describe the immensity of his bravery. Known only as fruit_loops, the unknown soldier of the internet yet in real life he existed, he is our new icon of hope.

With these words, I regret to inform you that we lost our little fighter at 1117H (Pacific Time) today, the 5th of January 2004. His recovery was cut short by the worst seizure he ever had that lasted more than 40 minutes despite emergency medical interventions. He is now resting in peace and rest assured, he will struggle no more from pain.

Please accept our gratitude for all your time, your love and your prayers. xtremepaintballcanada.com will always be proud to have been selected by an unknown force to beam to the world the last 10-days of the life of our little fighter or our little man or our wee man as we all have been endeared to the existence of such terms.

Let’s rally the world again one more time and give the family words of encouragement and support. Please go back to where you chanced on the story of our little fighter and post a statement of gratitude not only from us but make it from the world.

If he touched your lives, please submit your post-scripts. In lieu of cards, flowers, gifts or donations to the family, please redirect them to a cancer research organization of your choice.

Do remember the countless fruit_loops we have around the world. Respect their pain and sufferings, please.

To the various men and women and institutions who fought fruit_loops’ battle alongside with him, a thank you is all we can afford. Let’s keep God in our hearts.

[In case you experience connection difficulties, please hold on a bit and retry again after a minute or so. Our servers are definitely overloaded and being choked with tremendous simultaneous connections. This will stabilize as we ease focus on his threads. Thank you for your understanding."

That's from the site. Truly sad :(. Atleast he is now free of pain in a better place.

The Frymarker
01-05-2004, 06:41 PM
Oh my god, I'm crying, that is so sad

Beemer
01-06-2004, 02:55 AM
But take comfort and know he suffers no more and is at peace in Gods hands

Hephaestus
01-06-2004, 03:59 PM
Rest in peace
Without pain or suffering
Filled with love from everyone who cared

JT2002
01-06-2004, 04:07 PM
omg......:(
rest in peace bro
youll be in my prayers

rpm07
01-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Very sad indeed
My prayers are with you

rpm07
01-06-2004, 05:24 PM
link
http://www.xtremepaintballcanada.com/vancouver/forums/index.php?showtopic=1628&st

Rope a Dope
01-07-2004, 01:54 AM
R.I.P little guy...

stupiddogg
01-07-2004, 09:45 AM
god bless

hAppy
01-07-2004, 10:25 AM
RIP little guy

1_big_guy
01-08-2004, 04:31 AM
:( :( :(