PDA

View Full Version : should i stay on my team?

p8ntball1016
12-28-2003, 11:59 AM
i have a bit of a problem. im on a paintball team run by someone on my bus. the team has no tourney experience, but that is not the problem. the problem is that he has no idea what he is doing. we have problems with one guy who turns his velocity up in the middle of the game. the team leader, sean, is a complete ***. he gets pissed at everyone over the slightest thing. he screwed around with my marker after i sprained my ankle. he put a loaded marker to my face when he screwed up the timing on his cocker. when he was timing his cocker he was firing it off just centimeter's from my friend's head. im thinking of quitting and will soon need a new team if i do.

$tevo
12-28-2003, 12:01 PM
they sound like a bunch of idiot noobs. i would quit and find a new team

Mindflux
12-28-2003, 12:06 PM
Well... do what you want. If you don't feel comfortable on the team.. talk to them or leave.

Simple as that.

p8ntball1016
12-28-2003, 12:10 PM
im leaving that team. anyways blackcell has tryouts next month.

Prezents
12-28-2003, 12:14 PM
When I formed my team I made one thing clear. We are here to have fun!!! and win. If attitudes and anger come into this mix I will not have it. Sure it is ok to get mad over a bad call, your marker going down, (that dont happen with our mags) or making a dumb move. But 2 minutes later we are still having fun.
It is only a game!
and as for turning up a marker during a game,,,,,,, I would kick him off the team. or leave the team. No one wants to play with a CHEATER!!!! and that all he is.
just my 2 cents.

p8ntball1016
12-28-2003, 12:16 PM
he wont kick him off the team. he might kick me off but i dont give a damn.

Adrenaline_Junkie
12-28-2003, 12:49 PM
Run like hell man. They sound like a bunch of psycho noobs. Believe me you would prob do better starting your own team from the sounds of it.

Adrenaline_Junkie
12-28-2003, 12:53 PM
Run like hell man. They sound like a bunch of psycho noobs. Believe me you would prob do better starting your own team from the sounds of it.:D

-=Squid=-
12-28-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Adrenaline_Junkie
Run like hell man. They sound like a bunch of psycho noobs. Believe me you would prob do better starting your own team from the sounds of it. amen

Pullman
12-28-2003, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Prezents
[B]We are here to have fun!!! /QUOTE]

If you aren't having fun you should walk. Even if you are winning a ton (and from the sounds of it you aren't) it's not worth it to be dealing with unsafe attitude guys. Walk away and try out for another team, or start your own. I never play with any one that I'm not friends with first and foremost.

Hope that helps,

:D

hAppy
12-28-2003, 04:44 PM
your team sounds like a bunch of noobs that cant get along, just leave, you re just lookin like a fool being next to them

Fatjon
12-28-2003, 06:51 PM
id leave the team. Sometimes i feel that way because my team "captain" is the one who gets us the hook up with our so called sponsor. He has bought us all trixs, timmys, and speeds. But this kid is sometimes an idiot. He gets to the field and takes apart his matrix for the first time, and dont know what the hell he is doing.

Jeffy-CanCon
12-28-2003, 07:51 PM
If you are not happy you should leave. That's a good rule for life in general.

By the sound of it, you have no reason to be happy with that team. In any case, even if the unsafe play doesn't end up getting someone physically hurt, your reputation will be hurt if you continue to play with them.

p8ntball1016
12-28-2003, 07:54 PM
i guess ill quit. i have a tryout with blackcell next month plus a couple of my friends run teams.

WARPED1
12-28-2003, 08:51 PM
Quit now, then form/join a better team, then kick thier butt at the next tourny!

FreshmanBob
12-28-2003, 09:07 PM
Hey that sounds like a dude I know of, were you guys practicing at Top Gun like a month ago or so? I remember seein some kid getting super pissed at his friends.

Honestly, being a team is just as much playing together as being friends, and if you can't stand doing either then screw 'em.

Carbon
12-28-2003, 09:13 PM
MUTINY!!!!!

Seriouslly, Mutiny. It seem to me there is a power struggle in your clique. Get the other team memebers and confront him with the "issues" he is/you are having. Chances are your other teamates probably feel the way you do.

If he "runs" the team, ask yourself if he is a good captain. Running a team is very much different than leading a team.

As for your other teamate playing Dial-A-Welt, tell him to shape up or leave. Your captain not thinkin that isnt a problem should give you futher clues. Mr. Welto is a liabiity to your team, your rep ect., and may cost you crucial points if cought or penalized for a hot gun.

It makes it a little tougher to communicate on or off the field without decent team chemistry.

Good luck! word.

p8ntball1016
12-28-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by FreshmanBob
Hey that sounds like a dude I know of, were you guys practicing at Top Gun like a month ago or so? I remember seein some kid getting super pissed at his friends.

Honestly, being a team is just as much playing together as being friends, and if you can't stand doing either then screw 'em. i dont know. what was the team's name?

FreshmanBob
12-28-2003, 09:35 PM
I dunno, but I think he had an LCD trix, black hair looked maybe 16, kina tall n thin.

p8ntball1016
12-28-2003, 09:40 PM
sure it wasnt a timmy?

FreshmanBob
12-28-2003, 09:47 PM
Mighta been, I'm not 100% sure, anyway that kid seems like a dick, drop the team.

p8ntball1016
12-28-2003, 09:48 PM
yeah thats him.

penguinpunk555
12-28-2003, 09:50 PM
This is why I am happy with my team we get along fine. We love practicing together and telling storys from some pretty sweet moves we did. We congradulate each other for nice eliminations and are like a little posse.

p8ntball1016
12-28-2003, 09:51 PM
i might start my own team.

adam shannon
12-28-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by p8ntball1016
im on a paintball team run by someone on my bus.

Originally posted by p8ntball1016
im leaving that team. anyways blackcell has tryouts next month.

i dont know if you can make it on blackcell...some of them...lorenzo for sure, ride the short bus. your gonna need a note from your mom to ride with them...lol.

p8ntball1016
12-28-2003, 10:57 PM
how short of a bus are we talking here?