PDA

View Full Version : Strange thing just happened with my RT Pro

DarkPhoenix
09-06-2001, 07:03 PM
The wierdest thing has started happening with my RT Pro. After my usual post day of play cleaning, I gassed the gun up to test it and then oil it. To my surprise, there was a short blast of air coming from the back of the valve and the first shot fired a couple of times when I squeezed the trigger once. I degassed the RT Pro then tried it again, same thing. It only does it during the intial gas up, though. Any ideas? Do you think there is anything wrong with the gun?

Agent SE
09-06-2001, 10:11 PM
what up,

Correct me if I am wrong but when gas shoots out the back of the valve that either means the gun is over pressurized, or the velocity is too high. In either case, try turning input pressure down and backing out the velocity adjuster. I am pretty sure this is right, can someone back me up?

--Agent

ralicea
09-06-2001, 10:47 PM
I agree with Agent SE. The marker is over pressurized. Lower the input pressure and it will be alright.

PsychoMag
09-07-2001, 05:55 AM
in my experience, that is not always the case. If it is just after cleaning and that happens to me, I shoot one clearing shot, if it is still there, remove the pressure, remove the reg body, and put the lube directly on the spring pack and orings in the reg.

i was told, even though my gun is regularly oiled, it isnt enough to pass through and lube everything, usually the orings in the reg arent saturated and dry out. when they arent well oiled they shrink causing the "leak"

No matter what you drop your veocity to, it still loeaks.

Once a month, or about 5-6 days of play, I remove and lube the pack and orings. I havent had that problem since, using my gun weekly.