PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Problems with Minimag

SokuShi
12-28-2003, 03:16 PM
my friends minimag is having a problem, when he tries to fire it really fast he cant because the gun isnt recharging fast enough so you pull the trigger and air just leaks down the barrel. THe fastest he can fire w/o it not shooting is like 3 bps any higher and it just sits there. any ide whats wrong??

BTW his setup is a ULE Body, with Xvalve, inteliframe and level 10 bolt.

Blazingace
12-28-2003, 04:24 PM
I hope he is running air and not CO2. If so the valve is freezing and the air leaks down the barrel. If not then there might be a leak in the ON/OFF Assy. Pull the pin out and check the O-rings.

SokuShi
12-28-2003, 06:17 PM
hes using air.

slushee
12-28-2003, 08:00 PM
With any classic Valve, I find the best thing you can do for any issues like this is to tear the valve down completey (cleaning every inch) and inspect all the orings, replaceing any that look worn. Sadly, I used to give my valve "oil baths" ... really cleaned out all the dirt from the firing chamber :)

Once lubed and reassembled, attempt to fire, at that point, you can do any one of the orig. tests to determine what the problem is (i can't remember what they all are at the moment, but someone on here should be able to put a link to them).

Anything like dirt in the reg piston, warn orings or bits of teflon tape in the on/off can cause recharge issues.

tear down the valve and clean it up and let us know what the results are.

athomas
12-29-2003, 09:18 AM
I would definately give the valve a good cleaning. A piece of dirt could be caught on something in the valve/regulator.