PDA

View Full Version : The micromag pump-arm horizontal foregrip conversion project!

Ground_zer0
09-06-2001, 07:13 PM
Ok, I got my automag pump kit in the mail a few days ago, and I have been looking it over ever since, and sizing it against my micromag. I have talked to Muzikman in chat about this a bit , and we came to the conclusion that some sort of attachment part will have to either be custom milled, or heavily modified (thru milling) out of a micromag vertical adapter. I am going to do some exact measurements later today, but right now I will just list out all the needed parts and modifications to convert an automag pump kit into a stationary extended horizontal foregrip.

1. Micromag pump arm mount piece. (To be built from scratch)
2. Small cylinder shaped piece with screw threads taped into the side, and proper length screw. (Another scratch built part)
3. Hole for screw drilled into the front of the pump "grip piece"

I will update this page with pictures, scaned technical drawings, and measurements either sometime tonight or tomorrow. Any questions, comments, signs of interest are welcome.

-Matt

P.S. AGD, do you have any pump specifications/technical drawings floating around in your old files somewhere you might be able to post, they could save me some time from trying to draft out the pump attachment part, and figure out exact measurements.

mikey101
09-06-2001, 07:32 PM
that sounds pretty cool! good luck with it, and let us know how it turns out!

ShinyGuy
09-06-2001, 08:13 PM
This sounds like a cool project. If you need any help I'd be very willing to help (I work at a small CNC shop). I see you're in Santa Rosa but if you're willing to drive down to San Rafael I'll take a look at the whole project.

Of course for all I know youcould be way more qualified to do the work yourself ;) you just sounded a little intimidated at the thought of fabricating new parts and I'd love to help on your project.

Ground_zer0
09-06-2001, 11:10 PM
Ok, I have some of the pictures taken. I won't have them up tonight, but I will photoshop and post them tomorrow. I am happy to even see small interest and I will gladly accept machine shop help (not one of my strongpoints in this project) once I get to the stage of needing it.

More to come tomorrow -Matt

deweasel697
09-06-2001, 11:16 PM
Wow that will be a cool lookin micro, good luck.