PDA

View Full Version : Wait, my halo shouldn't be doing that?!?

xrancid_milkx
12-29-2003, 01:43 AM
Lately during games my Halo B will stop feeding and continuely blink red and green until I turn it off. Usually once I turn it back on again everything is fine.

But today, the first time my Halo did that, was pretty much the end to my day of play. No matter whatI did it wouldn't feed paint.

I completely took it apart after hearing a series of 3 buzzing sounds everytime the Halo started the blinking thing. And checked the wires, eyes, batteries, and motor. And I found out the buzzing sound was my motor vibrating/twitching.

Did I fry my motor some how? I just bought the halo and it has only seen 5 days of play. If so, what can I do to fix this?

And its NOT the batteries. I bought brand new AA's and two 9v's and the halo still wouldn't feed when I triedthe new battery.

Oh ya, and I'm almost positive I don't have the Z-code software either, not sure if thats important or not. But I'm not really sure how you can tell.

*be gentle*

magman007
12-29-2003, 02:48 AM
were you using dark shelled paint?

sps16
12-29-2003, 03:49 AM
well the z-code software well do that if theres a jam

SpecialBlend2786
12-29-2003, 05:15 AM
Yeah, it'll try to unjam the balls 3 times, and then stop everything so that the motor does't burn out.

adam shannon
12-29-2003, 05:39 AM
i had the same thing...and i had grey paint not even black. eventually it just always blinked red/green without even spinning the motor. i had to send it in...they fixed and upgraded it for free.

afrankart
12-29-2003, 06:16 AM
Does your halo have a halo emblem on the back when you turn it on? If so, it is a z. A teammate of mine was having this problem with a brand new Halo, and found out that it came from the factory without the little stick with the 4 beads on it. He tore apart one of his old halos and put it in the new one, and there were no problems.

xrancid_milkx
12-29-2003, 03:50 PM
It does this WITHOUT paint now, It just won't load. :(

I'm going to send it in to Odyssesy to be fixed/upgraded. Does anyone know the website to their homepage?

Thanks for the help guys.

wyn1370
12-29-2003, 04:07 PM
http://www.odysseypaintball.com/

SpongeBobSquarePants
12-29-2003, 04:10 PM
Mine had the same problem, with and without paint. The fix for me was to change batteries. Don't know about you though.