PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain...

TheDoveDecends
12-29-2003, 01:49 AM
Yesterday when i was done playing for the day, I went to take the spring off my bolt (which was someone elses so i was returning it), and when i took out the field strip screw.. and proceeded to slide the valve out.. i heard a small release of air. Then right when the whole bolt and everything was out.. i heard another release of air, except this time it was more of a pop, and i saw my on/off pin go flying (didnt fly to far fortunatly... just a foot in front of me or so).

Can anyony explain why this air was still in the vavle after the gun has been de-gased. It didnt make any sense to me.

maglover52
12-29-2003, 02:31 AM
u have to pull the trigger after u de gas it to get the excess gas thats in the reg out. ur lucky i did that once and the pin went through my lip. it went right through the skin.

athomas
12-29-2003, 08:47 AM
When you remove the air source, there is still air in the valve. It can't go backwards out of the valve regulator. The first release of air you heard was when the bolt went forward off the powertube. It released the air from the front chamber. Because the sear is down and the on/off pin is pushed in, the back of the regulator is sealed from the front and still holds air. The next air release was when the air in the regulator forced the on/off pin out once the on/off pin was clear of the body.

You have to be very careful when removing your valve after you degass.

TheDoveDecends
12-29-2003, 10:59 AM
I see.. it was just weird because this had never happened to me before.

And I did pull the trigger after i degassed.. I guess all the air wasnt released.

Big_Chops
12-29-2003, 11:26 AM
WHAT it went through maglovers lip?????omfg. that must have hurt so bad. mine shot out once, and all i heard was a pop and it the wall. thing took off like a rocket, omg i still can't imagine it going into my lip:eek: