PDA

View Full Version : JROTC or ROTC? Military?

-Jôker-
09-06-2001, 08:43 PM
is any one here in jrotc in high school or rotc in college? is anyone in the army marines navy airforce? besides army> ;) im the Guidon bearer for my company woohoo and im a LET 1 its rules cause i get promoted to CPL (corporal) just for being guidon and its fun carrying the flag to lol :p

ShinyGuy
09-06-2001, 11:40 PM
someone doesn't seem to like the Navy very much, do they?

-Jôker-
09-07-2001, 05:57 AM
HA HA oops!!!! :p

-Jôker-
09-07-2001, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Major Ho
ARMY! And JROTC is just for shoots and giggles, I had a friend in HS that had it and its not the same/similar as the college ROTC program. (whispers "And it doesnt count") Next semester I'll start taking ROTC and then after that I'll start training for Ranger Challenge, Hoo Ah!
PS. I think there was a previous thread asking who was in the military...

shoots and giggles??? uh HOW BOUT NO! you can get scholar ships out the ying yang! it is not just fun and games apparently you have never been in it? it teaches you plenty thing that you will need in and out of the military! plz have some knowledge on the subject b4 you start sayin its just for fun!:mad:

MagMan5446
09-07-2001, 07:10 PM
I plan on it, and I would love to be a Navy SEAL. I've always wanted to be one. Therefore I would vote for the Navy...but it's not on there.

-Jôker-
09-07-2001, 07:22 PM
magman i forgoyt bout navy but in ther post i fixed it sooo vote for navy in my other post

Major Ho
09-07-2001, 07:24 PM
Whoops my bad...BUT like I said, I had a FRIEND in it. He didnt take it very seriously, so it was bad speculation on my part. My main point was that its not the same as college ROTC where you eventually become an actual officer.
And I really did think it was MOSTLY concepts and stuff in high school. Reg ROTC you actually go out there and DO stuff but then again I guess it aslo varies from school to school.
Man, Now I feel dumb for being shown up big time...Ah well, live and learn

-Jôker-
09-09-2001, 11:50 AM
ok np i take very seriously