PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Warrior Sports Gear?

PaintballSmurf13
12-29-2003, 06:47 AM
I went to the web site and it wasnt there: :confused: ....was Smart Parts involved in their disapperence?:rolleyes:
thanks.
-Ryan F.

ezrunner
12-29-2003, 10:54 AM
that is a long story, but here goes:

Larry Castio starts WSG (Warrior Sports Gear).

He sells a LOT of product.

Paintball Inc buys his brand to help compete with the Redz/32deg stuff from NPBS

Well then Paintball Inc goes out of business

So where is WSG? Well Larry is still in Greenville, SC and is still working on product.

The same great products and ingenuity should be back, Larry is cool that way.

-rob

SpongeBobSquarePants
12-29-2003, 12:12 PM
Well I don't thing there dead because I got a all black WSG shirt that had the definition of a captain on the back of it.

Kevmaster
12-29-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by ezrunner
that is a long story, but here goes:

Larry Castio starts WSG (Warrior Sports Gear).

He sells a LOT of product.

Paintball Inc buys his brand to help compete with the Redz/32deg stuff from NPBS

Well then Paintball Inc goes out of business

So where is WSG? Well Larry is still in Greenville, SC and is still working on product.

The same great products and ingenuity should be back, Larry is cool that way.

-rob

although it shouldn't come back under the name of WSG as Larry left PB Inc before it went under and PBInc still owned hte rights to Warrior Sports Gear. Larry is now doing his own insurance comapny (the main reason PB Inc brought him in) for pball businesses. I doubt he'll do another WSG any time soon. Word has it he's having little success with his insurance stuff...

PaintballSmurf13
12-29-2003, 05:08 PM
well..that sucks..i wanted to buy one of those gun bags really bad.

-Ryan F.

cphilip
12-29-2003, 05:39 PM
He is still making netting and barrel codoms under the name "(something) Warrior Sports" . And he is still around thats for certain and so is the business end of it. Products included. He was out at Gold Dragon playing this weekend as a matter of fact. Also he was supposed to sponsor at SE AO day and be out there but something came up and he backed out at the last moment.

But contrary to common rumor the Business part of Warrior Sports did maintain it's seperate status (somehow, don't ask me how) when Paintball Inc filed Chapter 11 and it continues to produce some products under it's own name according to him. He sent his business card to me through my Kid this weekend and he was playing Paintball with my Kid this weekend as well.

I will give him a call tomorrow and see if I can get him to come on AO and explain himself and tell us where he is heading with his product and line. Sound good?

He is in Fountain Inn SC according to this new business card he is giving out. Thats around Greenville area anyway.

PaintballSmurf13
12-29-2003, 08:35 PM
cool..thanks dude..
-Ryan F.

Germ
01-10-2004, 08:59 PM
Weekend Warrior Sports located in Simpsonville, SC

cphilip
01-10-2004, 09:03 PM
So get him on here Germ! tell him he is missing a sales opportunity by not being online. People are asking about his stuff.

Germ
02-26-2004, 10:44 AM
Sorry fro the long delay in response. I did in fact tell Larry he should get on here and run some posts, but at this time he said he's been swamped running (either he said 2 or 3) businesses. Ahh well, maybe he can find time for us another day.

Here is his site though

http://www.weekendwarriorsportz.com/