PDA

View Full Version : run time error?

a_malfunction
09-06-2001, 09:02 PM
How come I am getting a bunch of annoying pop ups that say:
Run time error.... would you like to debug? yes or no? anyone else getting this?

xmetal2001
09-06-2001, 09:22 PM
YEah, i've been getting that too. whenever i repsond to a topic or create a new one and it takes me to that screen nthat says its about to forward me to the new page, i get the error, not really a major issue, but sorta annoying

magman007
09-06-2001, 09:26 PM
yep i get the same thing, it is sorta anoying

Miscue
09-06-2001, 11:31 PM
Same Problem... I'm trying to figure out.

I believe is related to MS Visual Studio if you've installed...

CDN_Drew
09-07-2001, 02:42 AM
AS well as video studio the Debugger can also be found in all windows desktop os'es. I had it installed for awhile. Basically it lets IIS Web developers browse, edit and debug scripted HTML pages. It's good for those who write code but inconvenient for most others. I believe in windows 9x and ME it can be removed under

Control Panel
Add/remove programs
Windows Setup

I'm not sure exactly which heading it's under

i don't use 9x anymore and i don't want to wake everynoe in my house up by turning on my parents 98 machine right now.... It is 4:30 am after all and I just got home from work, I'm tired and i'm going to bed

PyRo
09-07-2001, 05:54 AM
I get some IE error, would you like to continue running scripts on this page. Thats probably because i'm using like Iexplore 3.0 or something close to that.

Webmaster
09-07-2001, 08:13 AM
Im not getting any errors - do a screen capture and email me and I will forward it to our PHP/SQL gurus...

Rich
09-07-2001, 10:03 AM
Just as a test go to the following url:
http://www.automags.org/forums/member.php?s=&action=editoptions and at the bottom click "no" for the "Use vBCode quick links on your message input screens?" section and then on "Submit Modifications"

The reason why I want you to try this is because vb code is an applet and if your browser doesn't like it, you may get a run-time error.

It's a nice feature, but if it doesn't work for you as an individual go ahead and turn it off.