PDA

View Full Version : Old School Cali C02 setup, anyone know where to get the parts?

cledford
12-29-2003, 11:38 AM
The "Any old school ballers" thread reminded me of a project I've had on the back burner for a while. I have a ton of old Nelson components and a Line-SI bushmaster "clone" pump body sitting around that I've been meaning to rebuild the way I always wanted it. You see when I got the pump body I was a broke kid who got what worked as cheaply as possible. I had a "back bottle" ASA for the pump and 10oz pin valve bottle. I always admired the Cali rigs I saw in APG and wished my gun was setup that way.

So, I'm thinking that now might be a good time to rebuild the thing as I had wanted it. I need the stock with bottle ring and the thermo setup. Anyone know where to get either? I've tried Ebay with no luck. I heard the thermo valves were dangerous compared to the pin valve - which is why Tippmann "gave" the pin valve to the sport vs. patenting it. Anyone know if this is true? (The thero valve is the one with the faucet looking knob on the end of it.)

Thanks for any help.

-Calvin

thei3ug
12-29-2003, 01:18 PM
well, the thermo valves weren't so much deadly as they were butt heavy.

tippmann "gave" their pin valve not because of thermo, but because people were using "bicycle pin" valves which were only rated to about 125 psi...
some fields that still know what they are won't fill 'em if they notice, after a local field employee had one embed the pin in his thigh after a fill...

as for the thermos... talk to pun at www.punishers-customs.com , he has LOTS of old junk. as well as palmers-pursuit.com and docsmachine.com

the 3 keep bins of parts, just call palmer and ask if they'll sell any.

otherwise try ebay. i've found thermos there. also try mcarterbrown.com , bunch of collectors there, someone might have a thermo.

hitech
12-29-2003, 02:50 PM
I have a 10oz CO2 tank and I think it has the thermo valve on it. If not, I'll bet I can find one. My old team mate recently found his "T" stock with bottle ring (I think that is what you are looking for). I'll ask him how much he wants for it. You can have the 10oz bottle. I'll let you know. :D

tony3
12-29-2003, 04:19 PM
One of the managers at my field pulled out some old as heck gun and it had a thermo valve and bottle ring. The gun and tank setup was really small but hella heavy.

Toxic Dave
12-29-2003, 06:10 PM
Calvin;

send me an e-mail with your address, If I can find the one I have, it's yours. dave@toxicperformance.com

The thermo set up in general was a pain because you had to take the tank off every time you had to fill it.

dave