PDA

View Full Version : another mag efficiency question

dinger
12-29-2003, 03:19 PM
i was wondering, does the lx use up more air? because everytime it bounces off a ball there's wasted air, right?
would the mag be more efficient without the lx?
also, short stroking uses up more air, right?

thanks folks :)

Dayspring
12-29-2003, 03:24 PM
Yes. The gun is actually leaking a little bit of air on every shot. (see diagram)

And every time it resets, you are releasing enough air from the chamber to allow the spring to reset the bolt.

So, technically, the level 7 mag was more efficient. Tom actually admitted to this back in beta testing of LX.

http://www.automags.org/pic/img/lvl10/lvl10_1.gif

Jerhew
12-29-2003, 03:27 PM
not to mention that the lx has a higher operating pressure...so that last 800psi in your tank is useless...compared to a cocker which you can pretty much run down to around 300psi
thank god for 4500 tanks

dinger
12-29-2003, 03:58 PM
baaah

would i be better off not getting the lx?

yet, if i shortstroke that means a chop, right?
and unless you have good finger control, you might chop more with it :-\

blarg

paintballman333
12-29-2003, 05:41 PM
It is still one of the greatest products made by agd so in the long run it is still worth getting.:D

logamus
12-29-2003, 06:04 PM
not only is it one of the best things agd ever created, its one of the greatest things ever invented in paintball. an anti-chopping system that does not require any electronics, its the first and only in the industry.

LaW
12-29-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by logamus
not only is it one of the best things agd ever created, its one of the greatest things ever invented in paintball. an anti-chopping system that does not require any electronics, its the first and only in the industry.

Other markers are capable of the same capability as the lvl10.

dinger
12-29-2003, 10:04 PM
well i mean, my tank drops to like 2800 psi after a fill. so that means i've got like 2000 psi to work with. at least my tank's a 90ci tank... but will i be able to get at least like 900 shots per fill? because i usually go through 1000 balls every time i play. and i dont want to fill up my tank again because sometimes its really expensive... like just on sunday i got robbed and paid 6$ for my n2 fill! :(

should i just get a new tank? heh.

im thinking L7 as an alternative. can i still even buy those at the agd store? yet someone told me that if i get the L7 ill be crapping my pants when i find every ball getting chopped. but, how about no short stroking?

hmm, what do you guys have to say?

Jerhew
12-30-2003, 12:24 AM
even though the efficiency in a mag is bad to begin with and the lx makes it somewhat worse...
it's still the best thing you can get for your mag
you should still be able to get around 1000 shots out of a 90/3k....
though personally i'd invest in an 88/4500

dinger
12-30-2003, 12:27 AM
my brother has one of those and i doubt that he's gonna want my tank over his lol :)

thanks man