PDA

View Full Version : Need Input: Anyone ever built an indoor paintball trap?

Hephaestus
12-29-2003, 07:03 PM
Cabin fever is starting to get to me and my trigger finger is starting to get rusty. I feel that I can't pull as fast anymore:( I really suck at that triger pull computer program. No matter how hard I try I can't top 7bps.

To those who may have made one before I would like to hear about some of your designs and materials used.

Since I do have a nice crawl space under the house I was thinking about making a target range of some sort that can alow for some snap shooting and mod testing.

I will be using Rufus T-balls therefore want to make a ball return of some halfpipe PVC tubing bringing balls back so that I don't have to crawl around.

So here I am starting a discussion with you about trap box designs. Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Big_Chops
12-29-2003, 07:38 PM
i just used a blanket with the end tucked into a bucket. and. guess you could put a piece of pvc in the side of the bucket and they would come back. sounds ghetto but it would work

03vert
12-29-2003, 07:59 PM
yea i thought about making a real pb trap like the blanket tucked into a bucket but then im just wasting air and its not really a target. you could just buy one of the rufus traps/targets and then mod it to work out.

Methylphenidate
12-29-2003, 08:38 PM
i did something like this once but i used a towel instead of a sheet it is a little thicker and less likely to have the pball rip through it

canadaguy
12-29-2003, 09:37 PM
ya, at my farm we made a very small course in a quansit(sp?). was fun till they made us take it down. it was mostly tires and wood.

Hephaestus
12-29-2003, 10:49 PM
Now there are some good advises! Old towels or even blankets would work nicely. Make it getto style out of white pvc water pipes and a blanket wrap. Baffeling the towels can help stop any punching through.

Anyone tried out these t-balls yet. I just ordered some today and don't really know how tough they are.
BTW they are going cheap right now at
http://www.canadianpaintball.com/main/index.htm with free shipping and no taxes! Thought why not and ordered some to try.

NGp8ball
12-30-2003, 09:46 AM
make sure u dont pull the towen tight, just drape it over something or you'll be dodging tballs.