PDA

View Full Version : e-mag shots hitting each other

SPLASH1
12-29-2003, 10:07 PM
Here is the problem:

With a standard length barrel I get balls exploding in the barrel. I could not figure out what was happening exactly, but I hear a strange sound out of the gun when it fires right before it happens. Just out of curiousity I put a shorter barrel on. This one is only 8, maybe 10, inches. Now with my brother standing beside me watching the balls exit the barrel he can see the balls hitting each other in mid air just outside of the barrel. I am wondering if the LX may be pushing the first shot out of the breach then the second shot is getting a full effect pop on the ball and running the first shot down. I also do not know if maybe the new 3.2 software is set too low on the buffering. I have it set at 24. Maybe this is not allowing the gun to make a complete cycle on the first shot then the second shot is running the first one down. I am going to get some more air this weekend and play with the buffering/dwell and see what happens. I just thought maybe someone would have an idea as to what may be the problem.

pito189
12-29-2003, 10:13 PM
Check your nubbins/ball detents. You are probaly double feeding. What hopper are you using?

jewie27
12-29-2003, 11:37 PM
Make sure you are using the new PLASTIC nubbin in your barrels. It is possible that the level 10 is slightly pushing a misfed ball past the nubbin and ball behind it is colliding with it. It can happen. The other reason for barrel breaks is that the barrel is to small for the paint you are using.

SPLASH1
12-30-2003, 08:51 AM
Nubbin:

When I had the power feed body I used old metal nubbins, then changed to the plastic ones. Now I have the new ULE body and still have the same problem.

Loader:

I have used a revy, egg, and halo. The problem remains no matter what loader I am using.

Dayspring
12-30-2003, 10:41 AM
Replace your detent on the ULE body then.

Havoc_online
12-30-2003, 03:21 PM
what spring are you using on your lx? Your LX may be set too soft.

crankydan
12-31-2003, 11:38 AM
Splash,

I agree with Havoc, my EMAG does the same thing when using the longest spring. Everything is fine when shooting 300fps, but when I set up for rec play and rip on it, I get a chuff and it double feeds. I play with the medium spring and everything is fine. You might want to try this and post back.

Good luck.

SPLASH1
12-31-2003, 11:44 AM
I did not think of that. I had the LX set up at the factory. I will check that this weekend thanks.

SPLASH1
12-31-2003, 11:46 AM
Ow, and that is almost exactly the sound I get too.

abunkerer
12-31-2003, 01:18 PM
does it happen only during rapid fire? maybe it is your air source, possibly starving the valve..if your tank reg can't keep up this may be causing the bolt to not have a completely charged cycle in between quick shots. e & x mags need very high air flow rates, and braided hoses, try out a new fully charged centerflag or crossfire tank on your gun and see if the same thing is happening.

customevol87
01-02-2004, 01:59 PM
im new to mags, so this might sound stupid, but i need to ask. can you use macroline or do u have to use braided cable???

Dayspring
01-02-2004, 02:03 PM
You can use both.

SPLASH1
01-05-2004, 01:22 PM
Thanks guys. I think we got it whipped. We changed the spring for the LX. It went from happening a couple of times in one string to only happening once in a hopper. The time that it did the ball made it all the way out of the barrel and maybe 5 feet away. Thanks again for all the help.

David

GT
01-06-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by SPLASH1
Thanks guys. I think we got it whipped. We changed the spring for the LX. It went from happening a couple of times in one string to only happening once in a hopper. The time that it did the ball made it all the way out of the barrel and maybe 5 feet away. Thanks again for all the help.

David

remeber when you change springs so does your velocity