PDA

View Full Version : How far will a warp feed?

homis
12-30-2003, 12:53 PM
Does anyone have any evidence as to the practical limit of the hose length capable of being utilized in a warp? Obviously a high slope in the hose will curtail effectiveness, but could you (provided there was a relatively gentle slope) put a 3-4 foot hose on your warp?

FordPrefect
12-30-2003, 10:01 PM
Yes.

jknospe
01-01-2004, 04:44 PM
Sorry, but I have to ask why? 3-4 foot will need a lot of paintballs to prime the system. Are you attaching the warp to a backpack or something? Just curious.

homis
01-01-2004, 11:32 PM
Something like that. My math tell's me that there should be ~17.6 paintballs per linear foot, so we're talking ~60 balls to fill the tube on a 3.5 footer. Is that correct?

GhillieGuy
01-01-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by homis
Something like that. My math tell's me that there should be ~17.6 paintballs per linear foot, so we're talking ~60 balls to fill the tube on a 3.5 footer. Is that correct?
It may be, but warps were not made to be on a 3 foot hose. lol, It may be hard to find someone who has that long of hose. I do not believe that it would work to well with me having many experiences with warps:) :confused:

jknospe
01-02-2004, 12:14 AM
That sounds about right. You may want to do the 2x9v in parallel mod on the Warp to give it more battery life. You will need to run an extra long wire harness from the trigger to the warp.

You got to post some pics when its working... or even better, some pics of the work in progress? You've got me curious!

homis
01-02-2004, 12:08 PM
jknospe,

If I ever finish the actual project, I'll make sure I post some pics. Thanks for the rec's on mods to perform, that's the kind of information I need to increase the chances of success.

PUDBUDZ
01-02-2004, 12:45 PM
your probably going to have to make the rubber drive wheels tighter so the weight of all the balls dont let the drive slip.

Jazkal
03-03-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by PUDBUDZ
your probably going to have to make the rubber drive wheels tighter so the weight of all the balls dont let the drive slip.
I've been looking for a thread(s) explaining how this is done. Anyone know where I could find more info on it?

Thanks.

silentdeath55
03-03-2004, 04:30 PM
You could order a bunch of small tubing from AGD and melt them together (slowly applying heat) after inserting a dowel (with a diameter slightly smaller than the warp hose) into the tube to keep it straight and to keep it from melting all the way through.

Jazkal
03-03-2004, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, but I just bought a 6 foot piece of the tubing from AGD.

personman
03-03-2004, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I was going to say. AGD sells them in whatever lengths you need them. Also Pro team products sends tubing that you can tie in a knot and it will still feed. You can get it at www.proteamdirect.com
That might be better for what you are using it for.

Jazkal
03-03-2004, 08:51 PM
I don't have a problem with the hose. I am looking for info on how to increase the friction the Warp puts on the balls.