PDA

View Full Version : Hardline leak!

abarnhar
12-30-2003, 03:06 PM
I discovered (thanks to some Dayspring advice) that my RT's poor efficency is probably due to a leak. My leak is on the back fitting of my hardline, where the tube enters the 90*. Is there any way to seal it out better?

Thanks

CaliMagFan
12-31-2003, 12:14 AM
hehe... well there are a couple of options... the way i do it is just to teflon tape everything well... you can also use that liquid thread stuff... its not locktite, mroe of a lubricant than a sealer, but it will make an airtight seal to at least 1000psi....
make sure that if you're using teflon tape, that you dont go crazy with it... all you have to do is put 1 complete layer... maybe 2 layers of tape.. remember that with teflon tape you need to wrap the male (threaded) part in the reverse direction of tightening it down.... so that means if you are looking into the fitting, you must wrap that stuff clockwise.... i hope you get teh picture.... i have a totally leak free mag... its mainly cause i maintain the hell out of it, like is do with all my markers... i would reccomend replacing any teflon seal only when you hear a leak, if it aint broke then dont fix it, right?... well i do change mine out every 3 or so days of play depending on how thrashed they get, but i'm pretty confident that i will never cause a leak by working on my air setup.

pm if you need more help

-kyro in CA---norcal baby

abarnhar
12-31-2003, 12:40 AM
Thank man. I put a wrap or two of teflon on the compression and cleaned it out the best I could. I'll air it up tomorrow in the sink again. :)