PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite POLITICAL quotes!

Southpaw
12-30-2003, 06:03 PM
Here you go to all who want to post political quotes and not ruin the thread that was started before. this thread is for your quotes and discussion on your quotes!

This president failed so miserably in diplomacy that we are now forced to war.
--Tom Daschle, last week, when President Bush, struck Iraq

We have exhausted all of our diplomatic effort to get the Iraqis to comply with their own agreements and with international law. Given that . . . we have got to force them to comply, and we are doing so militarily.
--Tom Daschle, in 1998, when President Clinton, struck Iraq

So what did Clinton do so much better than Bush?

member#10,261
12-30-2003, 06:06 PM
I'm not sure if this was ever a political quote...maby long long ago, when they actualy spoke latin...but your sig reminded me of it...

old school latin:
Cogito Ergo Sum
(i think therefor i am)

the answer to your sig is, yes.
If you can think of yourself, if you can think about thinking, than you are there, that is the essince of human cosiousness(spelling?).

nt2004
12-30-2003, 06:31 PM
strategery
- George W. Bush on SNL

paint king
12-30-2003, 06:35 PM
any of G. Bush's jokes that arent really jokes.

Jack_Dubious
12-30-2003, 06:40 PM
"We can support the troops without supporting the President.''
--Trent Lott

p8ntball1016
12-30-2003, 06:45 PM
MAKE THE PIE HIGHER
by George W. Bush

I think we all agree, the past is over.

This is still a dangerous world.
It's a world of madmen and uncertainty
and potential mental losses.

Rarely is the question asked
Is our children learning?
Will the highways of the internet
become more few?

How many hands have I shaked?

They misunderestimate me.
I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity.

I know that the human being
and the fish can coexist.

Families is where our nation finds hope,
where our wings take dream.

Put food on your family!

Knock down the tollbooth!

Vulcanize Society!

Make the pie higher! Make the pie higher!

Southpaw
12-30-2003, 06:56 PM
come on now p8ntball1016 that is not a quote from Bush!SEE THE TRUTH (http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/jokes/bljokebushpiehigher.htm)

p8ntball1016
12-30-2003, 07:06 PM
This following poem is composed entirely of actual quotes from George W. Bush. It was compiled and arranged by Washington Post writer Richard Thompson.

Collegeboy
12-30-2003, 07:32 PM
Can government really be active and, at the same time, limited? History suggests otherwise.
--Lew Rockwell

When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall - think of it, ALWAYS.
--Mahatma Gandhi

Be the change you want to see in the world.
--Mahatma Gandhi

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
--Mahatma Gandhi

Permanent good can never be the outcome of untruth and violence.
--Mahatma Gandhi

Does history record any case in which the majority was right?
--Robert A. Heinlein

To answer your question, there is a difference from using military to force actions, and using military to invade and overthrow a legal government. Plus he is a politician.

I don't have a quote, but the same with Republicans in Bosnia and now in Iraq. They said in Bosnia we can not involve our young men and boys in some other countries problems. In Iraq they said we can, even when the actions in the former Yugoslavia was worse.

Southpaw
12-30-2003, 07:52 PM
The ancient Roman expression "if you want peace prepare for war" is from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius.

In Latin: "Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."

Actual Translation:
Therefore, whoever wishes for peace, let him prepare for war!

... going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. You just leave a lot of useless noisy baggage behind.
--Jed Babbin

When you see a rattlesnake poised to strike, you do not wait until he has struck before you crush him.
--Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thank you for adding that paintball I would not want to give people the wrong idea by misleading some one into thinking that he said that all at once!:rolleyes:

1stdeadeye
12-30-2003, 08:03 PM
In a year from now, we will still be looking for Saddam-Collegeboy!:p

Collegeboy
12-30-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
In a year from now, we will still be looking for Saddam-Collegeboy!:p

So I was wrong on one thing. Even though I didn't state it that way. More like Where is Saddam and Bin Ladden.

Southpaw
12-30-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Collegeboy
We will still be playing where is Bin Laden, and where is Saddam The direct Quote

Albinonewt
12-30-2003, 09:19 PM
Actually, one of my favorite quotes right now was Bush's quote about "gay marriage should be between a man and a woman"

that makes me laugh. I know what he meant, but teehee.

Another great one I head on Fox News Sunday maybe a year ago from Benjamin Netanyaho when discussing the Palestinian/Israeli conflict. This quote was directed at the folks that blame Israel first and only

"We're talking about people who's sense of history goes all the way back to breakfast"

I loved that one. It was great.

And knock it off about Bosnia. I shouldn't have to say this again but Republicans were (probably incorrectly) opposing that conflict because they didn't feel there was national security concern and they don't involve themselves typically in non national security concern conflicts. And they beleived (I think probably correctly) that Iraq WAS a national security concern so they got behind it. Remember, they were behind that when Clinton suggested it in 98. So they were't just suppporting Bush, they had always supported ousting Saddam.

Turns out in Bosnia, and Somalia more dramatically, that there were likely some very important terror concerns that should have been addressed earlier. It can be argued that even from a National Security standpoint Clinton did the right thing by going in and the Republicans were wrong. From a humantarian standpoint it is unquestionable that going in was the right thing.

But enough of that, it isn't what the thread is about.

p8ntball1016
12-30-2003, 09:22 PM
Newt, it was Ahhhnold who said that gay marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Albinonewt
12-30-2003, 09:36 PM
I'm fairly certain it was Bush

We were making fun of him for it. He mispoke during a speech.

Or so my aging memory tells me :)

Collegeboy
12-30-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Albinonewt
Actually, one of my favorite quotes right now was Bush's quote about "gay marriage should be between a man and a woman"

that makes me laugh. I know what he meant, but teehee.

Another great one I head on Fox News Sunday maybe a year ago from Benjamin Netanyaho when discussing the Palestinian/Israeli conflict. This quote was directed at the folks that blame Israel first and only

"We're talking about people who's sense of history goes all the way back to breakfast"

I loved that one. It was great.

And knock it off about Bosnia. I shouldn't have to say this again but Republicans were (probably incorrectly) opposing that conflict because they didn't feel there was national security concern and they don't involve themselves typically in non national security concern conflicts. And they beleived (I think probably correctly) that Iraq WAS a national security concern so they got behind it. Remember, they were behind that when Clinton suggested it in 98. So they were't just suppporting Bush, they had always supported ousting Saddam.

Turns out in Bosnia, and Somalia more dramatically, that there were likely some very important terror concerns that should have been addressed earlier. It can be argued that even from a National Security standpoint Clinton did the right thing by going in and the Republicans were wrong. From a humantarian standpoint it is unquestionable that going in was the right thing.

But enough of that, it isn't what the thread is about.

Just an example to a question raised.

cphilip
12-30-2003, 09:42 PM
Most of these theads end up going political but its as no brainer to me when I see one "TITLED" Political! You may quote me on that...;)