PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please explain this

Chojin Man
12-30-2003, 10:56 PM
Why do people put sights on their paintball guns when the vertical feed is less than an inch infront of it? Wouldn't the feed make the sight useless? I can see it working if you had a warp feed main body but not a vert or powerfeed. Am I missing something here?

This pic is from PTP.
http://store2.yimg.com/I/proteam_1766_956612

Derman2k
12-30-2003, 10:58 PM
Thats the Dye Izon sight, you keep both eyes open and it makes a red dot on the target... You basically see around the feedneck because you keep both eyes open.

poolshark5226
12-30-2003, 10:58 PM
Those types of sites use an optical illusion thing...they way you look at it makes the low rise disappear

68magOwner
12-30-2003, 10:59 PM
because, you do not look throught that sight, you open both eyes, one eye looks at teh sight (wich is black with a red dot inside it) then with the other eye you look at your desired target, put 2 and 2 together, you have a red dot on your target, try it with a piece of paper and a dot on it, youl get it, but having a sight is preety much usless, espically on something that will shoot so fast

Chojin Man
12-30-2003, 11:04 PM
Awesome thanks guys that has been buggin me for a while.

RRfireblade
12-31-2003, 12:46 AM
That one's an Armson O.E.G. Functions the same as the Dye,but it smokes the Dye for F.O.V. and brightness.

And as stated,you don't look "through" it.they do work but I don't think are well suited for most paintball situations.

Some text:

Both eyes remain open for instant target acquisition, improved depth perception, and no loss of periferal vision. The brain instantly merges the dot and target. Constructed of heat treated aircraft grade aluminium alloy with anodized finish, Armson O.E.G. sights are built to withstand the most demanding use.

Jay.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
12-31-2003, 01:02 AM
but i've seen those cheap red dot sites on vertical feed spyders...i'm guessing they put that there just for looks.

adam shannon
12-31-2003, 01:47 AM
even the bsa red dots can function just like an OEG. even though its dsigned to be sighted thru, it can be used with eyes wide open also.