PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing discovery

bratch
12-31-2003, 03:37 AM
I have began working on an old Dye cocker I bought it on here last spring but have never used it much. It came listed with alot of AKA stuff tornado valve etc when I bought it.

To get it up to speed with the new race on it I ordered a new hammer and also decided to respring it. I borrowed a valve tool from my store today and took the valve out so I would be ready to put everything back in tomorrow when everything is supposed to be here.

When working on the gun at the store installing the race frame I mentioned needing a new bolt and hammer and the owner said they had just got in Free Flow kits however I thought I had a tornado valve so there was no use in the FF so I didnt buy it and instead spent about the same amount online instead of from a good friend.

But tonight when I took out the valve it was the stock brass not the SS tornado. I went through my paypal history to see who I bought it from but I had payed with a money order and my PMs of the deal got lost in the crash/erase.

I'm going to post up a link of the gun I do not remember if this is who I bought it form or not so please do not flame them. I am posting in hopes that the person I bought it from would contact me. Slim I know but I should have some karma on my side so who knows.http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57980&highlight=rarer+DYE

Sorry for the rant just kind of depressing that my parts I wanted and thought I had were not there and now if I do get them its gonna be another $75.