PDA

View Full Version : Why is there a SP lid on my new Halo?

Vendetta
12-31-2003, 11:32 AM
Does the evil empire own Odyssey too?:eek:

Dayspring
12-31-2003, 11:36 AM
That all depends on which Evil Empire you're speaking of. ;) (As National owns Odyssey)

Odyssey did a run of target-lid Halo's for SP. If you want, I have a spare lid that doesn't have it on there, and you can have it.

AcemanPB
12-31-2003, 11:57 AM
What all exactly does National own?

Dayspring
12-31-2003, 12:10 PM
The question with the shorter answer is what DOESN'T National own? ;)

JEDI
12-31-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by AcemanPB
What all exactly does National own?
Your soul

rpm07
12-31-2003, 12:28 PM
go here it think it will sum it up
http://www.nationalpaintball.com/html/links.asp

AGD
12-31-2003, 12:38 PM
Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

AGD

rpm07
12-31-2003, 12:42 PM
I remember when all Gino had was a trailer he used to use to take his stuff around to fields.

jayloo
12-31-2003, 12:44 PM
OMG, that's nuts.

hAppy
12-31-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by jayloo
OMG, that's nuts.

GhillieGuy
12-31-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by jayloo
OMG, that's nuts.

Curly
12-31-2003, 01:42 PM
I believe that national only distributes Odyssey products but does not own the company.

FreakBaller12
12-31-2003, 01:51 PM
it's like national and BE own almost 1/2 to 3/4 of the industries.

manike
12-31-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Curly
I believe that national only distributes Odyssey products but does not own the company.

National definitely does NOT own Odyssey Paintball Products.

The SP Logo on some Halo Lids is because Odyssey did a special edition Halo for Smart Parts and that Emblem was cut into the tool which makes the lids. The tool makes something like 4 lids at a time so now any 1/4 of the lids off that tool have the SP Emblem, even if SP don't have a special Editon Halo that is selling 1/4 of all lids used...

Vendetta
12-31-2003, 02:54 PM
Thanks everyone. I think I will hold on to it. I have an idea of what to do with it.;)

logamus
12-31-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Vendetta
Thanks everyone. I think I will hold on to it. I have an idea of what to do with it.;)

use it to test your new low yield nuclear device?

Dayspring
12-31-2003, 03:15 PM
I stand corrected... But at least I know not to light my hand on fire. ;)

Originally posted by manike

cphilip
12-31-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by manike

Thats what Odyssey tells me. However they did sign a distribution contract of some sort with National. Giving them some very good pricing through National. And immediately the independent dealers prices went up without notice. And this agreement pretty much allows National to sell them for about what all thier independent dealers have to pay for them direct from OPP. And still make a few bucks at that! I notice that Odyssey still touts their independent dealer number on their site. Most of which don't even bother to deal them anymore as their is just no profit in it now. But thats the way it goes so no big deal. I mean business is bussiness right? National affiliated dealers now buy them from National most times. And independents just don't buy em anymore direct from Odyssey because they are last in line to any stock and the price is up now for them. You want to deal in Halo's you pretty much gotta go to National now. Not that they own them but they are now the main distributor for them. And its pretty much difficult to deal with them any other way anymore. I had some on backorder and low and behold they charged me the new price anyway! Thats when I got out of it. I think I still got backorders that I never will see and I see the very product out there that I am waiting on. They pretty much abandoned the girls they brought to the dance. But heck! It's survival. I certainly don't blame them at all! I hope they do well.

afrankart
12-31-2003, 03:55 PM
Be sure to show us what you do with that lid.

adam shannon
12-31-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Vendetta
I think I will hold on to it. I have an idea of what to do with it.;)

just stick with TP, that lid has some sharp edges.

GT
12-31-2003, 08:13 PM
This is why I think the SP "boycott" so so funny. We have anti-sp BS all over the place yet we are unwilling to get rid of our halos..... ironic really.

cphilip
12-31-2003, 08:22 PM
Hmmm... I don't see your point at all gtrsi. Smart Parts doesn't make Halo's.

GT
12-31-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Hmmm... I don't see your point at all gtrsi. Smart Parts doesn't make Halo's.

They dont but doesnt Sp have a deal with National that has a deal with Halo. You cant tell me that SP isnt making money some how through Halo? Shoot even the advertising on lids....

1stdeadeye
12-31-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by rpm07
go here it think it will sum it up
http://www.nationalpaintball.com/html/links.asp

Actually there is quite qa bit more that isn't on that link page. Plus about 1/3 or more of the websites out there drop ship through National. Gino really has built an Empire!;)

manike
01-02-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by gtrsi
They dont but doesnt Sp have a deal with National that has a deal with Halo. You cant tell me that SP isnt making money some how through Halo? Shoot even the advertising on lids....

I can because they aren't. AFAIK the only way SP make money from Halo's is if they buy them and then sell them on. That's it.

The reason the lids still have the logo is because it is expensive to change the tool, but I hear that may be happening.