PDA

View Full Version : Paintball on the History Channel

poolshark5226
12-31-2003, 01:00 PM
I was watching 'Tactical to Practical' on the History Channel this morning, and they had a little segment on paintball. This isnt a post about how terribly our sport was portrayed or whatever, but really just about how totally lame it was.
For example, the field owner whos field they played at was holding an Angel LCD with a Ric AK and some sort of a Nitro tank. He reffered to it as "The best gun, this is a top of the line set up, running on nitrous..." Is it the best gun? Not by far IMO, but the real thing that got me is that he said it runs on nitrous come on, if you OWN A FIELD you should at least know more than your average newbie...then they showed some very military-like woods play (they wore jerseys and such but the way they conducted themselves was a little odd I guess).
When a guy got gogged, he actually flew back and dropped as if shot in a movie...very lame

So yeah, waited like 45 minutes to get to the paintball segment and it sucked:rolleyes:

SpongeBobSquarePants
12-31-2003, 01:10 PM
hahaha, me to I just watched it. I kept my self from falling asleep just to watch that part and it was pretty lame. At least they were using high end markers though.

J
12-31-2003, 03:05 PM
My thoughts exactly, especially the mentioning of "nitrous." Plus how it was portrayed as a mil-sim. Oh well, but it was lame indeed.

PB8907
12-31-2003, 03:16 PM
this nitrous propels the ball with another 200 horse power
lol:D

joshweinerhead
12-31-2003, 03:30 PM
uh welcome pb8907

silentdeath55
12-31-2003, 04:03 PM
when they were talking about less leathal weapons they said,"these are a lot like paintballs except they are shot out of a CO2 powered accellerator(sp?) and can be shot at about 6 balls per second!" This is almost exactly what the guy said. I laughed at the CO2 thing, and that I can get double that with my marker.

mbyankee10
12-31-2003, 06:41 PM
Ok the guy mad a goof lets not be little him. I assume not many people on here have been interviewed on tv so it a new experience trying to get every thing said with out the UUUHHH syndrome the fisrt time i was on tv being interviewed about something it was rough and there arent always retakes. i am a police officer and we have several markers that we use with oc or stink balls. the problem is yes i could shot them in my personel mag at 10 - 20 bps but if you shot to fast and have a ball break you have either a face full of oc powder or the most god awful smelling liquid on you. so the markers we use are set up to shot about 6-8 bps.By the way since in law enforcement things have to be politically correct my dept in its policy calls markers a co2 powered non leathal applicator. the guy stated that the marker was a top of the line and one of the better guns out there if you really want to disagree with that fine but it is his opinion. and about them falling over when they got shot. WAKE UP ITS TV!!!!!!. it was actually a positive plug for our sport.

poolshark5226
12-31-2003, 06:49 PM
Hey, when I play paintball, where youre almost guaranteed to be hit, I LOVE the idea that the force of one ball will make me fly back! I think it portrayed our sport neutrally, but the main point Im making is that there was very little research done other than finding some random little field owner to interview...

Bad_Dog
12-31-2003, 07:16 PM
just saw it!

I love the way that they put some sound effects into it... Like at the beginning of the segment where there was a guy shooting a cocker, and they put "rifle shot" sound effects in the background...