PDA

View Full Version : do you think AGD should sponsor a pro paintball team?

teamkamakazee
12-31-2003, 03:15 PM
what do you guys think just post what you think. there is no wrong opinion in this thread speak your mind. WELL ON THIS SUBJECT ATLEAST!

abarnhar
12-31-2003, 03:22 PM
What about Blackcell?

teamkamakazee
12-31-2003, 03:24 PM
im talking a nppl world cup paintball team you never see them of even here of them in any fo those big events

joshweinerhead
12-31-2003, 03:26 PM
definately .. im tired of seeing agd as a company of paintballs past .. when i bust out my rt on the field people say that it is antique .. i want an all xmag / emag team that will rip up the tournament scene ... lets go agd ...

teamkamakazee
12-31-2003, 03:30 PM
thast what im talking about i totally agree

Dayspring
12-31-2003, 03:33 PM
Storm plays over in Europe. And they are an AGD-sponsored Pro team.

Any other team that AGD sponsors is below the pro level. (AFAIK)

Woogie12
12-31-2003, 03:34 PM
I think that it would help and get AGD's name out there as a company that produces awesome electros like the e and X-mag. The public doesn't really know what those guns are capable of and what they have to offer.

Dayspring
12-31-2003, 03:37 PM
Well, if what Tom Cole (Captain of Bad Company) says is true, AGD would need to throw down $250,000 to sponsor a pro team. (Includes travel, fees, etc.)

(We had a long talk at the Megameet in regards to what it takes to run/sponsor a pro level team.)

joshweinerhead
12-31-2003, 03:39 PM
ouch ...250 g's is alot .. thats insane

Woogie12
12-31-2003, 03:40 PM
Think of the recognition though. Mags will be back in mainstream big time.

SPY 1
12-31-2003, 03:42 PM
Thatīs odd I was thinking the same thing a few days ago that AGD should sponser a pro team and rip up the circuit. Cause every time you see pics of tourneyīs you see everyone except AGD. I think if they do that a lot of people will become interested in AGD again and buy their exelent markers. So that they can grow to be a large company so they can make us nicer markers and upgrades ( which they already have ). They defenitly should do it. But why are they just watching everything happen and donīt do nothing about it ??

joshweinerhead
12-31-2003, 03:43 PM
well everyone thinks mag's suck ... look at tippmann effect ... they rocked the IAO .. their 5 man pulled a 1 on 5 and WON! ... thats skill .... lets show them that mags dont suck

teamkamakazee
12-31-2003, 03:58 PM
i think if agd wants to get there name out they need to hook up someone that is super good like dynasty

Dayspring
12-31-2003, 04:02 PM
You gonna help foot THAT bill?

You know what SP just paid Dynasty to get them?

$30,000 a player, plus $100 from every Dynasty edition gun they sell. That's not even guns/tanks yet.

Sure, anybody can pay the fees and say "we're a pro team." but if it's going to be done RIGHT, it'll cost LOTS of $. That's like taking a years' worth of Emag sales and crossing it off the books. AGD's not as big a company as you might think to be able to bank that.

Besides, I think taking Skyball last year is a great accomplishment from a non-pro team.

magman007
12-31-2003, 04:16 PM
well lets see, we used to have the jax warriors, and agd and them went seperate ways.

Agd kids tear it up, and you all know thats true.

agd really doenst need a pro team, because look, no matter what, the publics opinion of the mag isnt going to change that easily.

the kids tore it up at skyball, most of their local tournies, the 2002 World Cup, and at IAO. but you dont see much recognition going to the mag from that do you?

do you see people going out and buying tippmans because tippman effect rules? no... the mag is old guys, im sorry.

it just doesnt compete as well as it could intodays market. low efficiency, weight, and lack of overall flair...

teamkamakazee
12-31-2003, 04:19 PM
yeah that is true but if you want to make it very sucessful in the paintball buisiness i guess that is what it takes.

Dayspring
12-31-2003, 04:34 PM
Flar & weight have been taken care of. Xmag and ULE parts.

It's just as fast as anything out there.

It's just the fact that all these other people shove their product down your throat to the point that you just accept it without questioning.

All about the marketing.

elpimpo
12-31-2003, 04:36 PM
i dont think they need too. they r doing fine right now and dont need to endure the costs of a pro team

FreakBaller12
12-31-2003, 04:43 PM
they also have agd pride.

i saw this from a thread similar to this but older
"let AGD's AM teams rip it up in their division first, then who knows"

the quote is similar to that

AGD
12-31-2003, 05:05 PM
Yea we were bidding on Dynasty but SP beat our 250k offer...

AGD

joshweinerhead
12-31-2003, 05:11 PM
lol .. thats great TK

Chojin Man
12-31-2003, 05:38 PM
Ya why not sponser a pro team. AGD shouldn't make it a priority though. They should concentrate more on development and quality(like they always have), and if they have to spend over 250k just to get a great team that seems like overkill to me. The 250k could have been better spent going into development of great new products. Although it would be pretty sweet to see a AGD sponsered team rip it up.:D

WARPED1
12-31-2003, 07:13 PM
Thet should not sponsor a pro team until they get all thier guns, including the glorious XMag into full production. I mean, where you can go to any store and just buy one and the only wait time is the 3 minutes for the guy to ring it up and bag it!
The XMag would be great to see all over XBall.(XMag-XBall?)

teamkamakazee
12-31-2003, 07:24 PM
i agree the x-mag would be really great in x-ball the names flow together. if agd got a pro team that placed steadily in the top 3 there slaes would be going off the charts

WARPED1
12-31-2003, 07:27 PM
Get them in the hands of a well known team, like Dynasty.

teamkamakazee
12-31-2003, 07:50 PM
they should steal the all amercans fom smartparts they did really good in the x ball tournys

abarnhar
12-31-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by teamkamakazee
slaes would be going off the charts I remember someone commenting in another thread how they like that AGD doesn't try to hype their markers and push them in the over-commercialized market. While a boost in sales would be good for the company, I have to agree that I like the fact that they are not over-hyped or over marketed.

WARPED1
12-31-2003, 07:57 PM
But to get sales up, they need to hype up and commercialize the mag family. In order to make money, you have to spend money.

teamkamakazee
12-31-2003, 07:58 PM
that is true i have to agree with you im just saying that the more markers they make the more money hopefully they make

Automaggin2
12-31-2003, 08:34 PM
It is way to much money and way to risky. The industry is already flooded by Bob Long and SP, its almost impossible for a small company to make a name for itself in the big leagues. Half the pro teams shoot either Smart Parts or Timmys, some WDP. 1 team shooting mags compared to 5 or 6 shooting timmys

Rope a Dope
12-31-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by AGD

AGD

Did you offer them signed posters of Clarie? That woulda have sealed it. Sheeesh Tom!!!

1stdeadeye
12-31-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
Thet should not sponsor a pro team until they get all thier guns, including the glorious XMag into full production. I mean, where you can go to any store and just buy one and the only wait time is the 3 minutes for the guy to ring it up and bag it!
The XMag would be great to see all over XBall.(XMag-XBall?)

Wide release like the Shocker with the Vision Eye? Yeah they are all over aren't they?:rolleyes:

Anyhow, not worth the $$ to sponsor a tema in my opinion.

WARPED1
12-31-2003, 08:45 PM
But when those Intimidator(theres no damn gun called a timmy!), realize the XMag is better, they will see the elves and switch!

1stdeadeye
12-31-2003, 09:00 PM
But when those Intimidator(theres no damn gun called a timmy!), realize the XMag is better, they will see the elves and switch!

Huh?:confused:

No Timmy, eh? I have an Impy too!:p

teamkamakazee
12-31-2003, 09:08 PM
true thats because they took a risk with those teams. they give them some kind of support. i think agd needs to find a team that is willing to shoot there warp feeds and when those grow popular then start sponosoring tems with guns and give them full factory support.

WARPED1
12-31-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye

Huh?:confused:

No Timmy, eh? I have an Impy too!:p
/Smacks the boogers outta 1DE!:p :D
A team of all warp shooters would be cool.

teamkamakazee
12-31-2003, 10:30 PM
i like my idea of them giving a pro team warp feeds then building there buisiness off of how fast those things really are that is away tro test them give them to a pro team see if they out shoot that

WARPED1
12-31-2003, 10:38 PM
Get Dynasty to use them on thier new Shockers. Guys on Philly Americans like them.

teamkamakazee
12-31-2003, 11:17 PM
im telling you tom get a pro team some warpfeeds and you should be starting to increase sales on them in a short while. but i good pro team

Toxic Dave
01-01-2004, 10:55 AM
That guy doesn't play for the All A's, or the Philly American's for that matter. Both are Vforce sponsored.

dave

Beemer
01-01-2004, 11:38 AM

Hell Wizard for half that I could get a Team Reunion going

1. Is there a Pro team with the class style and integrity that AGD would even consider?????? seems you would have to build one.

2.With only 3 to 5% of all players at the tournament level thats not where the market share is right now. It is an influence that will be over come.

Question--is ALL of pride using warps or everybody else AGD is sponsoring?[not from what I see]

My history with AGD starts before it was born so my attitude is ALL AGD ALL the time,all I need now is an AGD hopper.

If you read the whole thread these are my replys to previous posts

To answer the Question an ALL AGD ALL The Time pro team would have to be a top 5 or 10 contender right out of the box to have any effect on the market today and there is way way to much BS going at the tournament level to make it worth the cash out put or risk factor. The pulse is some where else.

lets show them that mags dont suck

Thats the ticket....ALL AGD ALL The Time

teamkamakazee
01-01-2004, 12:03 PM
toxicdave- if that guy is v-vorce sponsored why isnt he wearing a v-force mask? im not saying hes on the philly americans or the all americans for that matter but just anwseer the question

Gabriel
01-01-2004, 12:35 PM
Get Dynasty to use them on thier new Shockers. Guys on Philly Americans like them.

Yeah, or we could sell our souls to the devil! :rolleyes:

No SP product deserves to be used with any AGD product :mad:! In fact, they should make the boards anti-SP, like when someone tries to hook up a shocker, impy, or nerve (if they ever come out) to a warpfeed, they fry the circuits in the marker! Muhuhahahah...

Gabriel
01-01-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by teamkamakazee
toxicdave- if that guy is v-vorce sponsored why isnt he wearing a v-force mask? im not saying hes on the philly americans or the all americans for that matter but just anwseer the question

He was offering the fact that the guy isnt wearing a vforce mask as proof that he isnt on the all americans or philly americans, because they are sponsored by v-force, and wear thier v-force masks all the time.

WARPED1
01-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Toxic Dave
That guy doesn't play for the All A's, or the Philly American's for that matter. Both are Vforce sponsored.

dave The picture on FON said "All American" team member.

Yea we were bidding on Dynasty but SP beat our 250k offer... The total was $80k:rolleyes: (lets exagerate a little!)

Beemer
01-01-2004, 01:05 PM
I must be missing some posts

What 2 counts Gabriel? Did you delete a post and where is davidb post at in this thread?

mcveighr
01-01-2004, 01:36 PM
I was under the impression that thats his sig.

Beemer
01-01-2004, 01:49 PM
Doh My bad

Need more coffee

Gabriel
01-01-2004, 02:10 PM
lol:) :D ;) :cool: :rolleyes: :p

teamkamakazee
01-01-2004, 03:27 PM
gabriel- what is your beef with smart parts they sued indian creek big deal and now they are at aka but that doesnt mean there guns parts and everything else they make is bad in fact nothing they make is bad they make really nice products.

WARPED1
01-01-2004, 03:34 PM
/looks around for the original point of thread to no avail.

bryceeden
01-02-2004, 12:40 AM
I don't think that sponsoring a pro team would help much, what they need to do is work some kind of small sponsorship (like free AO barrel bags) for good local(each state?) all mag teams in exchange for the team putting AGD on their jerseys and only shooting mags, alot of mag users would gladly wear AGD for very little(I would love to say I was AGD sponsored even I all I got was a free sticker). I think that if a local team using all mags at a tourny wins alot and lets everyone see in person that mags can compeat with every thing else it will do more than one big name pro team($250,000 would buy alot of barrel bags or stickers) For example in Vernal this comming spring and summer there is going to be a city sponsored televised tourney circut, to date my team has NEVER lost to any other local team, while a team like mine wouldn't affect the whole nation it definatly affects the local scene, and we have proved time and time again that people see our gear and sponsors, and want the gear from them, instead of the high and mighty tourney players that 95% of the worlds players will never meet have the good local seeable and available teams represent AGD. I think consentrating on cheap/nearly free sponsorships for good small teams would be money better spent than a large portion on a pro team. Just my thoughts on it.

rpm07
01-02-2004, 10:53 AM
This year we had so many people comming up to us and asking you guys are the team that AGD sponsors. Then they ask to see are guns evryone on BLACKCELL have their Mags with Warps. I also have been is stores gettting a tank filled and people see my gun and ask. BLACKCELL will pimp out AGD every chance we have. This year people are going to see and fear BLACKCELL and AGD

Wes Janson
01-02-2004, 02:37 PM
I like bryceeden's idea...I think that going for pro level may get you the visibility, but it's not worth it. As it is, AGD seems to be a low-profile company. Hell, I never knew what a mag was until I spotted some kid at a local field with one, and had him strip it apart and explain the basics of it to me. From what I've seen, people just simply don't know much about mags, or else don't associate them at first glance as being really high-end guns. If there were more people out there using them at local fields, in local tournies, I'd say it would probably do wonders for AGD. The trick is in making it look cool. Once you've got that done..

WARPED1
01-02-2004, 02:48 PM
Well, if AGD wants to remain a small company that practically no new players have even heard about, fine, carry on as they are. But if they want to "play with the big boys"(WGP, WDP, SP), then they need to invest some money. It takes spending money to make money.
Word of mouth(AO) can only take you so far(which it has).
I'd like to see AGD compete with the others. I know the guns can, I'm talking marketing and company size.

punkcmonkiez
01-02-2004, 05:19 PM
i agree it would be a big investment... but if you think about it 250,000 is only like 200 or so x mags give or take a few:rolleyes: .... plus wouldent you get money back if people started buying AGD stuff because they finally saw it perform on the field? mags really need some exposure because i know people who dont even know what an emag is and once they see mine on the field have a million questions about it and they really get a kick out of the lvl ten.if more people just saw mags performance then they would be sold on them IMO...it might be risky because they might not get a big boost in sales and that could hurt. but if they want to expand then it may be a risk agd will have to take.

Ultimator
01-02-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Gabriel

He was offering the fact that the guy isnt wearing a vforce mask as proof that he isnt on the all americans or philly americans, because they are sponsored by v-force, and wear thier v-force masks all the time. They can wear whatever the hell they want in practice.

Maybe AGD should sponsor even a decent amateur team. Look what Trauma did for the Matrix.

rpm07
01-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by punkcmonkiez
i agree it would be a big investment... but if you think about it 250,000 is only like 200 or so x mags give or take a few:rolleyes: ...

Nope it would be around 1000 XMAGS By the time AGD is done making the gun the profit is not as much as you think

punkcmonkiez
01-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Nope it would be around 1000 XMAGS By the time AGD is done making the gun the profit is not as much as you think

i guess i wasnt thinking of that

teamkamakazee
01-03-2004, 04:54 PM
i dont think a amature team would do it for agd i think only pro could do what they need

ToTalChaos
01-03-2004, 10:43 PM
A pro sponsorship might work, but a good solid plan in the amateur, novice and rec ball areas would get you a more solid footing ...

"Win on Race Day, Sell on Monday...."

magmonkey
01-04-2004, 09:34 AM
What would be great is (I know I am dreaming) to have a pro team step up and use the AGD markers because they are good,not because of what the team gets in return..... I know these days are gone and by a players standpointit is a good thing, however brand loyalty should mean somthing

rdb123
01-05-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by AGD

AGD

Are you being serious or just messing around?

teamkamakazee
01-05-2004, 03:54 PM
im telling you start small with the warp feeds and work up from there

paintpiggie
01-05-2004, 04:21 PM
i kinda like mags bein on the low.

everytime i go play, i just focus on kickin ***
and taking names. i let the mag do all the talkin.
its nice to see people goin "oooh..." "ahhh..."
over the xmag. its sexy, sleek and somethin fierce.
theyre not sure how to take it. their angels and
timmy's and matrix's and shoeboxes are gettin schooled.

if AGD can sponsor a pro team, GREAT!

if they cant, that's ok. at least i still get
to keep the element of surprise.

and i think the mag is definitely makin a comeback.
people always stare at my xmag as they walk past it.
they want it, they just dont understand why.

i could tell them, but id rather let the xmag do all
the talking.

Blennidae
01-05-2004, 06:10 PM
I don't think it would be in AGD's best interest to take the risk of sponsoring a pro team.

Any team they got would have to just stomp all competition, or else the public would say "they lose because they shoot Mags". If they bought a "Dynasty" then the public would say "they only shoot Mags because they have to".

The performance level between the high end guns is so close its not even funny. There is already too much bias out there. Think along the lines of supercars. The performance levels between Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Porsche are not that far from a Z06 Vette. Especially in real world applications. However the people who can afford that type of car, may not buy a Vette because its not as high profile as the others.

I think its better to be around for a long time with a well established, reliable product, than it is to hope that the fickle "high end" gun buyer will like your product for more than a season.

Just my opinion.

teamkamakazee
01-05-2004, 09:09 PM
paintpiggy- the one problem with your post is if the people wanted a x mag they couldnt get one because they are in suuch little production right now! they need a good amature team or a pro team to help boost sales so they can get more money to make more x mags

spider54
01-05-2004, 09:59 PM
OK.... big teams sponsorships... dont think so, it would b neat but no, i agree with the local idea... so look at lil leagues like the ICC (my local league) and pick one of the top teams out of that, throw them 5 free guns if they sign to use them (my team would b a good team... we r a top am team by the way... we also finished 7th in nov 5man at cup and made semi appearance in 10 man:rolleyes: ... no harm in self advertisement right?) because locally there r no mag supporters.. and the people who have mags have base bare mags with the stock barrel (how cool do those look) i am the only one that i know of in my city and basicly the tournament series with a serious mag... if no new players get to see it then there is no new markets for it... all ur new upgrades and what not r spectacular but the only problem with that is ur basicly only selling to people that already own mags... granted that makes owners happy, but what does that really do for new markets?? and really... what new player would want to buy a $300 non electronic gun?? they can get there spyders for close to 100... my ideas feel free to follow me up

Lord_Whoopass
01-05-2004, 11:03 PM
I would vote to give more local sponsors... and wait for a good AGD team like Kids or Pride to step up and go pro... Or make a Good pro team out of the currently sponsored AGD Teams... Personally I now use a mag because of the fact that I seen AGD kids and Pride using them at a local field (BFG in Germantown, WI)... and they were kicking butt... If you get good local teams sponsored around the US... like spread it out such as sponsoring teams from the east and west coast and inbetween (pick certain local circuits and such)... Also I think you could get away with a lot cheaper of a sponsorship for a bunch of great local teams than a good pro team...

teamkamakazee
01-06-2004, 04:08 PM
no i say you give a pro team warp feeds then build up the copmpany off those people will think hey there loaders are the fastes so there guns should be the fastes wich they are pretty close to being

Dayspring
01-06-2004, 04:21 PM
We know what you think. Most people are going about it differently than you want them to though.

I think the Amateur team idea is a good one. The thing you have to ask though- even though the Kids took Skyball, has AGD made any headway in the tourney scene b/c of it?

teamkamakazee
01-07-2004, 04:08 PM
yes thast why im saying do a pro team cause when the kids took sky ball nothing ever happened to make agd bigger

f3rr3+
01-07-2004, 07:50 PM
wow 30k for such a small sport... lucky bastards

teamkamakazee
01-07-2004, 07:59 PM
yeah i wish i was that good

teamkamakazee
01-08-2004, 05:21 PM
or they need a team to do good in the ao like agd did last year i think but they need to get first place

LATS
01-15-2004, 01:26 PM
well, the reason why you do not see warpfeeds much in the tourney circuit is because most tourney players do not like them and will not play with them..i do agree that airgun does need to ge the name out there in the tourney scene.. but, they do not need to spend alot of money to do so.. a example would be to find a amatuere team on the verge of making it into pro ranks.. outfit them with x mags (no warp feeds.. it seems tyo turn off most players) jerseys, and let them play.. most of rthese teams are footing their own money to travel and just receiveing guns and jerseys would be a great help to the teams..let them have a signature series gun in their honor.. give them a $ of the proceeds made from their gun to help with their travel expenses ect..i have been in this sport a long , long time.. the guns like the bob longs, matrix, impulse, angel ect, are not better than the x mag..a good team will show that.. plus, why do you think they timmy's and the angel sell so well.. because the amatuere teams watching their heros play ball are using the gun.. they in turn use the gun as well..it is just very basic marketing...pick up pgi magazine and see what the guys are using and then they go get one themselves..no real money has to be thrown at a team in order to this...and it will work..hell, the team bad company play with spyders.. tippman effect plays with tippmans and if you think that has not helped sales, your crazy.. they would not sponsor these teams otherwise.. :D

PolishSausage
01-15-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by abarnhar
What about Blackcell?

Hahahahahaha
*soils self* *dies*

bryceeden
01-15-2004, 06:19 PM
The local sponsorships don't need to be big, or even anything at all. I see alot of people posting "can I use AO or automag in my team name?" Just let them put AGD on their jerseys, not in the team names, but on the jerseys. A good local team will do more for the mag in the small area they are in than a pro team would on the same group of people. I would be willing to bet on that(send me seven stickers as a sponsorship so I can put AGD on my teams jerseys, and I bet Utah's mag sales would go way up by the end of the summer) People like to hear about pro teams, but if they can see the team dominate and hear the markers fire first hand(or see someone snapshoot with a warp) they want that gear more than if they read about it. Since I put a warpfeed on my marker three weeks ago I have seen a huge desire for them, and plan to bring them into my store. People like to see products used, and if the team using the mags beats the team without them frequently and decisively the team without mags will start to look into buying them.