PDA

View Full Version : Chuffing with ULE Trigger might be bolt stick - half-baked theory

Aegis
12-31-2003, 07:16 PM
Installed the ULE trigger in my xvalve, worked fine with occasional chuffs when trying to fan it. Put in a trigger overtravel stop and started noticing bolt stick. Hmmm.

When pulling the trigger with the stop adjusted, no bolt stick. When fanning - about 12BPS would be my guess, I know it is faster than my last clocked 11BPS - about every 4th shot would fail to set the sear enough for the trigger to reach it due to the new trigger stop. I could reach in with a small screwdriver and depress the sear pin - 'Volia, a chuff would result.

I guess my feeble point is that you might not be shortstroking if you are getting chuffs. It might be bolt stick that is preventing the sear from fully resetting, but still resetting enough for you to get a squib.

Trying to get some pics.

MicroMiniMe
12-31-2003, 07:25 PM
I think Tom said something about the ULT and bolt stick. The level 10 needs a shim added to tweak it out. The ULT still does need some extra travel past the firing point to reset everything correctly so don't make it too short a travel.

Aegis
12-31-2003, 07:33 PM
I hope I can balance it out - the ULE Trigger does have much shorter travel before firing than the stock on/off. The trigger stop really makes it rip.

Any idea how much travel is needed after the point at which it fires?