PDA

View Full Version : Warp feed question

68magOwner
12-31-2003, 10:05 PM
ok, i just got my warpfeed today, and love it, but i want to know how to install the 12volt mod that will allow it to spin faster. does anyone know what voltage regulator (exact part #) that is used in the mod, and how to wire it. also, i saw that someone on here had just fed 2 9volts right to the board and said it worked, but the manual says not to put on anything over 12volts. can you really just put on two 9volts and have it work? or was that a special case senario? or if there are any alternative mods i have not mentioned, please mention those, thanks.

68magOwner
12-31-2003, 10:50 PM
also, i just remembered that my empire reloader runs off 12 volts. so, i was going to just wire the reloader board to the warp board, save weight on batteries, and feed faster. But, the empire reloader only puts out the 12 volts when the blades spin (every shot) so, that would be like turning the warp on and off TONS of times in one game. so, is that fine to do? or am i gonna kill my warp if i do that?

Enigma4you
12-31-2003, 11:21 PM
12 volt mod (http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=402997)

that should tell ya how to do it.
I use a y grip with the roller switch in it, my warp runs everytime I pull the trigger

sneakyhacker420
12-31-2003, 11:30 PM
running a reloader on a warp is a big no-no

the warp already runs off vibrations and will soak up most of them before they get to the reloader, which uses vibrations to spin also

so you'll want to pick up a revvy or other loader that isnt sound/vibration activated

68magOwner
01-01-2004, 12:02 AM
uhh, no a reloader dosent run off vibrations. its sound activated, lil microphone on board, adn if it can hear the marker fire on top of it, it should be able to do the same beside it should it not? anyway, i guess i could swap out teh reloader internals for revvy internals with a team mate, but thats not my main concern now, my main concern is gettin the warp to spin faster. does anybody know how?

Big_Chops
01-01-2004, 02:49 AM
yes look in the tech forum for the 12 volt mod:D it will show you how to do it

than205
01-01-2004, 11:16 AM
Before you do the mod.
Try to out-shoot it with a 9v. A 9v should be fine for most every case.
Intelli-feeding would be of greater priority in my mind.

68magOwner
01-01-2004, 01:02 PM
fitting intell-feeding stuff is a wee bit hard with a z-grip ;) and sweet spotting will out run 9volt easily. thanks anyway. i picked up a 12vt reg from radio shack and am doing my own mod :D

than205
01-01-2004, 05:42 PM
I have a Z-grip intellifed. Been there, done that.
Do a search here to find out how.

Do the fields you go to honestly let you sweet-spot?

Still, as an experiment try to out run a 9v warp. Just for giggles.

penguinpunk555
01-01-2004, 05:51 PM
By the way sound is vibration.