PDA

View Full Version : warp feed or no warp

got bunkered???
01-01-2004, 01:39 AM
hey,
I'm about to get an RT ULE custom, not sure if I should get a warp! can anyone please post the pros and cons, keeping in mind that I need a light'n'tight setup.
thx in advance guys

Prezents
01-01-2004, 01:41 AM
A warp is a strange thing.
If you choose to get one, don't give up on it after a day of play. It will take a little getting use to. After you are use to it,,,, It is really hard to shoot a marker with a loader on top.
One of the main things I think people forget to do is prime the warp before play.
and always use fresh batterys.

68magOwner
01-01-2004, 01:54 AM
mine came in the mail today... get one :D

Nick O time
01-01-2004, 01:58 AM
no warps they suck super bad. i hated mine and still do.

tony3
01-01-2004, 02:08 AM
I just got one and don't like it at all. First off, the battery wires break....a lot, atleast for me. They are hard to run with for me. And, I can't shoot out the left side with them at all. I just prefer my hopper on top. I also tilt my hopper back inside my bunker pretty much so I rarely get hopper hits anyways

Big_Chops
01-01-2004, 02:34 AM
hmm i loved my warp. too bad i sold it to get a yle body to make my gun lighter.

cons. heavy. wires are weak at first.

pro. no hopper shots:D lets u play tighter.

Chojin Man
01-01-2004, 03:06 AM
ya those wires are weak man. when i got mine one of the wires on the battery holder was broken fresh out of the box. i replaced it with a "heavy duty" battery holder from radio shack no problems since.

Beemer
01-01-2004, 05:07 AM
After you are use to it,,,, It is really hard to shoot a marker with a loader on top.

This says it==Hopper off the top

no warps they suck super bad. i hated mine and still do.

And why is this.......You are stuck in the Paradigm shift

And, I can't shoot out the left side with them at all. I just prefer my hopper on top.

You need to learn how to use your gear to your advantage.........Another one stuck in the shift

i loved my warp. lets you play tighter

And that is because the hopper is off the top which=M.T.A=Minimum Target AREA

You will hear all the cons the main pro is it takes the hopper off the top,waited a long time for it to happen plus you can shoot side ways, upside down

I am an old schooler, never have never will care about weight,it could weigh 2pounds and I would still use it

Try it you'll like it.......Dont be stuck in the Paradigm Shift

See ya on this side

fire1811
01-01-2004, 09:29 AM
a warp is something you need to try before you buy
no one can say if its for you or not.

i didnt mind a a warp but prefer nonwarp.
they are definatly not light but there are as tight as your going to get

just try one

sniper1rfa
01-01-2004, 09:35 AM
i loved mine. Its currently broken though (my fault, i have a thing about frying boards trying weird stuff. )

once i finish the snipergat i am DEFINATELY warping it. Absolutely.

bryceeden
01-01-2004, 10:05 AM
I love my warp, but it did take some getting use to.

than205
01-01-2004, 11:00 AM
I love mine.
I've come to the conclusion that it's the finest feed system there is. Period.
I've seen and heard too many things about the others that I don't want to bother.
I've had a Halo and a Rico 2k.
I currently have a intellifed Warp with a old school VL2000 (early 9v Revy) and it works great.

got bunkered???
01-01-2004, 11:13 AM
thx guys, really apreciate this

tony3
01-01-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Beemer

You need to learn how to use your gear to your advantage.........Another one stuck in the shift

Sorry buddy, I know how you are suppose to shoot a warp out the left side and I think it exposes more of your body then just using your left hand to shoot and tilting your hopper inward. Warp feeds are a great way for people who can't shoot left handed to never even have to learn.

Beemer
01-01-2004, 12:44 PM
Sorry buddy

For what.

Warp feeds are a great way for people who can't shoot left handed to never even have to learn.

But I did learn. Im a righty shooting out the left side with a warp. Works for me

The MAIN purpose of the warp is to get it off the top
which reduces TA,Target Area which =M.T.A. Its a small thang

Use it or dont no matter to me.

68magOwner
01-01-2004, 12:54 PM
yea, it shure looks like theres alot exposed when shooting left to me :rolleyes:

Beemer
01-01-2004, 01:36 PM
Great pic 68Mag

Doh....which one is MTA:eek: :D

Theres that small thang

68magOwner
01-01-2004, 01:55 PM
that pic was from airgun.com i have a much better example pic of me, but not on my comp......i never knew how bad i snapshot left till i saw that pic, that was one of the biggest reasons i got my warp (the hopper stuck out ALOT in that pic

WARPED1
01-01-2004, 02:06 PM
I used to hate warps, in fact, when they first came out I bought one and absolutly hated it. In a fit of rage, I smashed it with a hammer.
Then recently I tried it again and I love it.

fire1811
01-01-2004, 02:09 PM
yeah i liked the warp after i got used to it
it just takes time and not listening or caring about people rip on you lol

WARPED1
01-01-2004, 02:32 PM
I love the things now, I try to never go without my warp.

Digits
01-01-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by WARPED1
I used to hate warps, in fact, when they first came out I bought one and absolutly hated it. In a fit of rage, I smashed it with a hammer.
Then recently I tried it again and I love it.

haha I laughed at that lol

WARPED1
01-01-2004, 04:57 PM
I was having miserable feeding problems all frigging day. Finally during one game, I missed 3 or 4 easy elims in a row, so I just screamed, stood up, walked off the field to my setup table.
I ripped the thing off my gun(the metal piece/plate stayed on), rifled through my tools, found my hammer and brought down all my fury on that thing. I swore I'd never use one again, until 2002. Now I absolutly love them.

got bunkered???
01-01-2004, 05:16 PM
was there an error in the early years of the warp that they changed in 2001-2002