PDA

View Full Version : make your barrel shoot FURTHER!

jdev
01-01-2004, 03:36 PM
so, you think because you went out and bought that 22 inch barrel, you'll get better distance and will be able to snipe people..

poppycock. I owned (temporarily) a barrel that was guranteed to shoot 65 feet further than any other barrel ive owned.. how you say? well, the proof is in the puddin, or in this case, on the barrel:

http://www.fallingaway.com/ao_upload/uber_freak.gif

the same addage that goes to cars (adding stickers to your car, adds 5 horsepower per sticker) goes for barrels. i got this freak in a trade, and it can shoot 65 feet further than any other barrel i have owned (13 stickers, for uber pimpness)

well. needless to say, i was slightly amused. i didnt want stickers all over my barrel, so, i did the same thing any self respecting, anti-sticker-whore would do.. i peeled them off. and of couse, this left just as much of an eye sore had i just left it on there.

naturally, some of the glue from the stickers were still on there. i cant have this. so, i rummage the house for the perfect thing to clean this off. let me tell you, was this fun.

heres what doesnt work:

lysol all-purpose cleaner. lemon, or orange fresh.
hot soapy water
sharp knife to peel the glue off
running it through the dishwasher with a load of dishes

heres what did work:

comet (bathroom cleaner)
toothbrush
hot water

after about 10 minutes of scrubbing, i had my barrel back. so now, i dont have an ungodly barrel that will allow me to shoot an additional 65 feet ontop of what i already shoot. so, when i get you out, its just youre really bad playing.

by the way, want to thank adam for the freak. thanks adam!

:)

SpongeBobSquarePants
01-01-2004, 03:39 PM
Or you could have saved all that time and trouble and used goo-gone :)

WARPED1
01-01-2004, 03:47 PM
The only barrel that will shoot farther, is the Tippmann Flatline, but at the longer distances, the balls never seem to break.

jdev
01-01-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by SpongeBobSquarePants
Or you could have saved all that time and trouble and used goo-gone :)

i know. and though this may sound blasphemous, i have no goo gone in the house.

:rolleyes:

jarley77
01-01-2004, 04:06 PM
the best thing in the world to use is gasoline it comes off of there so easily

robertjuric
01-01-2004, 04:16 PM
oven cleaner would have worked to :D

TheDoveDecends
01-01-2004, 04:28 PM
goo gone is the absolute best. That stuff wipes right off after a spray of googone

Meph
01-01-2004, 04:30 PM
I'd suggest the bench grinder.

Guaranteed to get that gooieness off. And give you a cosmetically 1of1 new style!

Blennidae
01-01-2004, 04:45 PM
wd-40 works too.

Chojin Man
01-01-2004, 04:57 PM
ya goo-gone is the shiz. can't go wrong there

Rumble
01-01-2004, 06:18 PM
well, when i bought my gun it had some 888 paintball stickers on the barell, so i boiled some water in a kettle, and held the barrel/stickers in the steam for like 5 minutes, and then the glue and sticker just like wiped off.

personman
01-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Dude, if you put the stickers over the porting, then the gun really WOULD shoot further! How freaky is that? :p

SyntaxError
01-01-2004, 08:38 PM
Secret FoN ninja pirate sticker techniques...how do ya think we got so good??:D

Oh well hope you enjoy the freak...I guess I didnt consider not everyone is into stickers.

BTW- Rubbing alcohol works wonders... and thanks for the tank, should be here tomorrow

Cyberious
01-01-2004, 10:00 PM
Back in the old days we'd put a drop of oil on the very top tip of the barrel to get backspin on it. Only worked for a few shots but you sure could get a lot of distance out of it. It wouldn't consistantly break though.