PDA

View Full Version : Barrel break? Not a problem!

Chojin Man
01-01-2004, 05:17 PM
Many of you problably already know this little trick but I thought that I would share anyways.

You can use a product called Rain-X on the inside of your barrel. This product is for use on your windshield to make the rain bead up and slip off to improve visiblity. You can get it at Wallmart, Autozone, ect.

So what does this do for your barrel? It makes the paint bead up and come off much easier. So much easier infact that about five shots(or fewer) after a ball gets broken in your barrel the paint residue is almost complety gone! Reducing or ELIMINATING the need to swab your barrel after a break.:eek: Keeping you in the game longer.

To apply I usually just put a good amount on a paper towel and swab it through my barrel a few times. Then use a regular swab to polish. I would say an application once per full day of play will keep your barrel nice and slick.:)

03vert
01-01-2004, 05:47 PM
thats a very good thing to know, thank you.

FreakBaller12
01-01-2004, 05:57 PM
good for outlaw ball
againest the rules for almost all places though
nppl doesn't allow it

than205
01-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by toyotaboy12
good for outlaw ball
nppl doesn't allow it

Why? Just curious...

Chojin Man
01-01-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by toyotaboy12
good for outlaw ball
nppl doesn't allow it

Really I wasn't aware of this. Please elaborate.

MarkM
01-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Anaphalatic (sp?) shock brought on by a player being hit with a paintball with traces of chemicals and then the possiblity of the chemicals entering the bloodstream through a welt...insurrance really.

GT
01-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by MarkM
Anaphalatic (sp?) shock brought on by a player being hit with a paintball with traces of chemicals and then the possiblity of the chemicals entering the bloodstream through a welt...insurrance really.

I smell some BS. Dont tell me I have to find the MSDS of this stuff. I have some serious doubts about an alergic reaction from rainx given that it is applied by hundreds of thousands of people daily, given its supposed toxicity from dermal contact you would think that there would be multipule cases.

just my thought...

MarkM
01-01-2004, 09:48 PM
Gtrsi since when did "dermal" mean bloodstream? Dermal is the skin...paintballs sometimes break the skin or have you never noticed?.....I bet it says "do not ingest" on the pack of Rainex. It could well be a "nanny state" thing but more likely wrapped up in insurrance...think how long the rule has been in place. There are other products you can use for coating the barrel and given their proper use I know they are toxic.

rx2
01-01-2004, 11:36 PM
Despite the high improbability of enough of the chemical getting through the basement membrane to cause a reaction in anyone, as it goes in business, better safe than sued.