PDA

View Full Version : Tom... save you, save us money.

Rope a Dope
01-01-2004, 05:43 PM
The sight rail...

Come on, do you REALLY need to keep bundling theses things with the E-Mags and RT Pro's still?

1. A sight is almost pointless on a paintball gun, especially if you use bright paint.

2. Most people yank them off, I am one of them.

It has to cost YOU money to make them and costs us money to buy them. If not get rid of it altogether, how about as an add on option?

It's one of the reasons mags are not mainstream. A sight rail is so... "old school scenario". When everything else in paintball looks... "limp bizkit", having a sight rail on such an awesome gun looks so... "Bon Jovi".

A lot of people want an X-Mag, a lot of people don't want to pay so much more for cosmetics and then wait a year for it. You can make the E-Mag at a decent price and keep up with demand un-like an X-Mag, why not make E-Mags more appealing? ULE parts standard with that 3.2 software... people will start to notice. I have made people think twice about their next gun purchase when they see my ULE E-Mag with 3.2 software in action. The potential is there.. get rid of goofy stuff like sight rails. It's 2004, not 1994. David Spade isn't on SNL anymore....

heh, first "Tom Kaye should run AGD like this" post of 2004! :D

WARPED1
01-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Very true, save the sight rails for your TAC-ONES.

IWANTMOREMAGS
01-01-2004, 06:11 PM
i really like the look of site rails

fire1811
01-01-2004, 06:12 PM
hey i like bon jovi but not sight rails ;)

WARPED1
01-01-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by IWANTMOREMAGS
i really like the look of site rails Then they should have them as an add on!

cphilip
01-01-2004, 06:26 PM
I like the looks of the Mags with the site rail. It breaks up the mono tube really nicely. And I do not think them stamped SS ones on the RTP's cost very much. I WOULD HOWEVER LOVE TO SEE A EMAG ALUMINUM SITE RAIL OPTION ON THE RTP! Now that I could sink my teeth into as an option. And I would love to see a front grip cradle out of Aluminum too. For the foregrips. Anno'd and all.

1stdeadeye
01-01-2004, 06:26 PM
You don't buy a mag to fit in!!:rolleyes:

If you want to fit in, buy an impy or a timmy!! (driven you nuts, eh Warped1:p )

Sparq
01-01-2004, 06:35 PM
I'm with cphilip here. I may not have a use for it, but it's never coming off my mag. I find the silver forgrip mount kinda unbalances the black/silver look when the sight rail isn't there.

WARPED1
01-01-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
You don't buy a mag to fit in!!:rolleyes:

If you want to fit in, buy an impy or a timmy!! (driven you nuts, eh Warped1:p ) /Beats up 1DE again.:p

penguinpunk555
01-01-2004, 06:56 PM
I thinik the RTP without siterail looks ugly. Keep the rail.

Steelrat
01-01-2004, 07:37 PM
I think they should lose it. It does nothing for the functionality of the gun. I also think the mags looks much sleeker without the big ol' sight rail on the back.

Rope a Dope
01-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Steelrat
I think they should lose it. It does nothing for the functionality of the gun. I also think the mags looks much sleeker without the big ol' sight rail on the back.

Exactly.

I didn't by my mag to "fit in", I bought it because it rips! But the first thing I did when I took it out of the box was yank that lame sight rail off and throw it as far as I could.

Some hate it.. some like it... have it as a $20 add on.

jarley77
01-01-2004, 07:49 PM
i hate it! i never use it and when i want to do a good cleaning job on my gun i have to unscrew it to get my body off of my rail thats why i took mine off. i say have it as a add on they are just not popular anymore

cphilip
01-01-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by jarley77
i hate it! i never use it and when i want to do a good cleaning job on my gun i have to unscrew it to get my body off of my rail thats why i took mine off. i say have it as a add on they are just not popular anymore

I never take mine off to clean it. I just stand her up and take my squirt bottle and have at it. Let her drain onto a towel and sit in the house over night and she is clean as a whistel! Still say it looks better with the site rail on. Thats the beauty of selling it with one.... don't like it? Take it off! Try and sell your marker without one to someone that likes it? And don't got one? Well your screwed. Better to have and not use than to not have.

And I seriously doubt that SS stamped out site rail is $20 either. It might make five or six bucks worth of difference in it.

Oasis
01-01-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by penguinpunk555
I thinik the RTP without siterail looks ugly. Keep the rail.

Echez09
01-01-2004, 08:18 PM
I think you should have it as an option so those who like it can have it, and those who don't will not have to pay for it.

phantomhitman
01-01-2004, 08:23 PM
my 2 cent. if it saves time and money make it an option. i do not like it, i just like the look of no rail to make it look smooth and simple. whatever floats your boat. :D

heftylefty
01-01-2004, 09:43 PM
sight rails arent so bad, but i feel they are just dull color wise. it would be cool if they had different colored sight rails. i think that a pewter ule body with a blue sight rail would look tight. of course it would cost more since it has to be annoed, but i would get one if i decide to go back to a mag.

p8ntball1016
01-01-2004, 09:47 PM
I say kill the sight rail. They serve no purpose on a vert feed mag. Anyways you can still buy an aftermarket one.

lew
01-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Down with sight rails!

punkncat
01-01-2004, 10:28 PM
I think that the stamped sight rail and foregrip give the RTP and Emag a "ray gun" sort of cheezyness.
The nice thing is that with the turning of 6 allen screws both can be removed and put into the empty paintball box with all the parts I don't use in the back of the closet....
What is really cheesy is how I am going to be one of the only people around with a battery housing as a foregrip on my RTP.:D

tony3
01-01-2004, 10:41 PM
I don't like the stamped SS on the new ule rt customs, I think it destroys the look of the gun. I would rather have an old normal body rail, and a vertical adapter with the bike grip screw on it. Down with site rails, foregrip brackets and rt pro body rails!

Bad_Dog
01-01-2004, 10:50 PM
i really like the look of site rails

Duke Henry
01-01-2004, 10:54 PM
I don't like sight rails, limp bizkit, or Bon Jovi.

magman007
01-01-2004, 10:56 PM
see, the thing is, tom isnt going to save money, and neither are you untill they are all sold. tom would loose money if he didnt include them on all the guns he sells untill he is out of stock

also, he wouldnt save money, he would loose it. look, he calculates the cost into the gun im sure, and he prolly adds a little extra over cost to make it a profitable part of the gun

AND IT LOOKS GOOD!!!!! it really does! if you have that much of a problem with it... TAKE IT OFF!!!

Creative Mayhem
01-01-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
I like the looks of the Mags with the site rail. It breaks up the mono tube really nicely. And I do not think them stamped SS ones on the RTP's cost very much. I WOULD HOWEVER LOVE TO SEE A EMAG ALUMINUM SITE RAIL OPTION ON THE RTP! Now that I could sink my teeth into as an option. And I would love to see a front grip cradle out of Aluminum too. For the foregrips. Anno'd and all.

I agree, alum grip mounts and sight rails would be uber sweet for those who want to anno them to match. I am all for contrast, but the option of matching these parts would be sweet.

ß.C.
01-01-2004, 11:45 PM
I like em, I wouldn't mind if it were an option, but I don't want them to go bye bye.

DiSoRdeR
01-01-2004, 11:49 PM
Guessing from this, all of you complaining about it probably have it. And if you already have it what difference will it make if they take it off? Unless you go out and buy a new one you have nothing to worry about just take it off if you dont like. In the end it comes down to this some like it and some dont. You cant just stop doing it just because a few people do not like it. I myself like it :D

AGD
01-02-2004, 12:41 AM
I would be happy to sell them without them and that is the plan but we have about 1000 RTpro rails with the holes in the sides. SInce you would complain worse if we sold you a gun with useless holes in the side we have to continue with the sight rails until the stock runs out.

AGD

coolcatpete
01-02-2004, 12:46 AM
Good plan TK
Pete

DiRTyBuNNy
01-02-2004, 12:47 AM
yes..so someone please buy all 1000 RT Pro rails...go bury them in the desert somewhere for 5 years and then pull them out again and charge twice as much as before because they're "Old-school" and "retro"...

Rope a Dope
01-02-2004, 08:30 AM
Seems it's 50/50, some hate it, some like it. I think it sould be an option, so those that don't want it don't have to buy it. Sure it may add $20 to the cost of the gun... that's the cost of a steel braid line. A FUNCTIONAL part of a paintball guna nd not a hood ornament.

Plus, the holes don't bother me, I got some alan screws and covered mine up.

Here is my ULE E-mag: http://home.pacbell.net/zoraks/ulemag.jpg

That's good the plan is to ditch the sight rail once your stock runs up, that's why I made this thread but I guess you came up with the idea before me. I thought that you might think we all LIKE the sight rail. But I had no idea you have 1000 of 'em laying around... damn. Volume business, lol. Can't ya just save 'em for the tac-one?

dansim
01-02-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by AGD
I would be happy to sell them without them and that is the plan but we have about 1000 RTpro rails with the holes in the sides. SInce you would complain worse if we sold you a gun with useless holes in the side we have to continue with the sight rails until the stock runs out.

AGD

Pwned:D

alkafluence
01-02-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
yes..so someone please buy all 1000 RT Pro rails...go bury them in the desert somewhere for 5 years and then pull them out again and charge twice as much as before because they're "Old-school" and "retro"...

Put 'em in a box, and hide them in the proverbial "attic" for awhile. Then do as listed above. ;)

Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken seriously.

p8ntball1016
01-02-2004, 01:14 PM
wait 15 years to sell them. then call them 'vintage' and 'extremely rare' and jack up the price 1000 percent. instant profit.

cphilip
01-02-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by AGD

AGD

Well we could just rename them useless holes to ULE Holes! And then tout it as a feature! I mean... we do need some hype around here... :D

Rope a Dope
01-02-2004, 01:32 PM
ULE holes? we got enough ULE... say the new rail uses HFH Technology, "High Flow Hole Technology". See.. You did it all wrong Tom.. you started with the fastest recharging valve in paintball, you shoulda come out with some accesory later on that made it the fastest recharge.

Kinda like the "high flow barbs" people install on their Intimidators. And what the hell... free software upgrade? Sell the enture board with the new software for $100!!! Come on! Call it the... WERE board, or something.

In all seriousness, I just hate having decoration on my gun. Sure use the milling and anno to make it pretty.. but bolting on worthless crap for decoration is just... just wrong.

Keep the holes in the rail, some want sight rails, some don't, the holes are there for the option, kinda like "Vision Ready" Impulses. Just ship it with screws to fill them up.

BlackVCG
01-02-2004, 05:19 PM
Rope a Dope has the second slickest looking E-Mag, next to mine. :)

If you put a sight rail on his gun, it would go from "smooth" to "cheesy".

The "Mag" image has to die if Mags are going to become a mainstream gun, and getting rid of the sight rail is one step in the right direction.

the_next_guy_
01-02-2004, 05:29 PM
Noooooooo, where will the elves live if you don't have a sight rail? Will someone please think of the elves!;)