PDA

View Full Version : Mags and bad resale value

Dubstar112
09-07-2001, 03:51 PM
Im sick and tired of reading posts that say "Mags have a bad resale value."-

The only thing that gives the mag a bad resale value is the people that do not want to pay the price for what they want.. Im not saying all mags should be sold for the most they are worth. I'm just saying that its a poor excuse to make the seller go lower on the price.

post your comments!

magman007
09-07-2001, 03:53 PM
I whole heartedly agree with you. It isnt cool

Load SM5
09-07-2001, 06:17 PM
I agree to a certain extent but the problem is people see electronic guns as the way to go. "Pro's use them and in order to be worth anything I have to as well." And while not true, this is a popular belief. And for the price of what a good mag is truly worth you can buy a cheap E-Spyder or maybe a used Impulse.

Also, to some, looks are almost, if not AS important as how well the gun performs. I like the looks of the mag but a lot of people are more excited about a nice carved up piece of bright, shiny aluminum.

It's unfortunate but something is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it. The plus side is, all of us who know better can get all our favorite toys for cheap.

Nitroduck
09-07-2001, 06:40 PM
Mags do have a low resale value. That just makes it cheaper for us to buy more of the great guns :)

But really, Mags aren't the only ones that have bad resale value, Shockers do as well and a few other guns.

riooso
09-07-2001, 07:30 PM
You have to admit that something "used" will not be worth something that is "new". The person buying the gun is taking a bit of a risk. We have all been taken advantage of, at least a little buying "used". What a gun goes for used is just the law of simple supply and demand and how much the buyer wants it. That is why an E-Mag that is used will fetch a better price than a used Automag Classic.

Riooso

slushee
09-07-2001, 07:57 PM
Actually tried to sell my ReTro 'mag .. worth over 1000$ canadian ... I only got offers up to $500 =(

Nitroduck
09-07-2001, 08:08 PM
I've seen several extremely new RTs go for $300

-Jôker-
09-07-2001, 08:28 PM
OMGOSH i would buy a RT for 300 in a heartbeat!

booyah
09-07-2001, 09:37 PM
Mags have a bad resale value to people who think angels are made better because they are more expensive, cockers have better range and accuracy because they are closed bolt, and the pnues on cockers make them more accurate.

Mags arent a normal paintball gun, they are an investment! One mag will last a paintball career!

Reasons I have found people dont like mags
1. When you get a mag, it performs about as well as it can out of the box, no aftermarket add ons will help it... Not much room for tinkering...

2. If you try to shoot a mag wrong, your likely to chop, its irritating, instead of learn a skill people would rather click a mouse

3. many people have not been actually educated on the great things that mags are! everytime i loan my gun out to someone i leave that person thinking "I want one of those, they are nice!"

4. Too much paintball FUD! people who think they dont like mags spread bad/untrue rumors about them all the time, deterring other users away from what could be one of the best guns in the game (I had to say "could")

-Booyah

jas142
09-07-2001, 09:53 PM
On the bright side though, they do tend to resell cheap and buying a used mag is VERY profitable.

Dubstar112
09-08-2001, 09:33 AM
ah yes i was speaking of when ppl use the bad resale"excuse" to buy a used mag..

jas142
09-08-2001, 02:58 PM
I didn't buy my mag solely because i got a good deal. But the fact that they resell poorly does help get more people to buy mags, which is always a god thing.

Also, why would anyone want to sell their mag anyway? hehe

REESE
09-08-2001, 05:03 PM
First off...buying a used mag isn't increasing sales of the Automag, it's just another form of recycling. Out of the box it's a wonderful gun and alot of people I know have respect for there ease of use and field takedown. The supposed "low resale value" is from the guys that lowball you on prices for parts that you are offering, hence the drop in price that you know you more than deserve. It's these people that are desparate and can't afford to pay what they are, really and truely know in their hearts, is the going price. Whatever the price someone is getting rid of something doesn't mean that it's the actual value b/c there are people that either just want out of the sport or just need cash...not b/c they are looking for the newest latest, greatest from our beloved AGD...I get a good deal on mags...i'm all for it...but show respect to those that are asking what is a reasonable going price. And just because the Automag has made slight changes in design (more like little tweaks in the valve system) doesn't mean that the gun is worth $200 with a nitro system and aftermarket barrel that you see some people ask for...if that's what they want to spend, then get another gun like a tippman or something...Automags ahould be getting the same prices that you see the Cockers getting out there...still the same gun...still mechanical..only difference is that they have gone through so much change to get them where they are when Mags were always there...SO SHOW SOME RESPECT AND BUCK UP WHEN YOU WANT TO BUY A MAG!!!

riooso
09-08-2001, 05:20 PM
Hey bidding low is the American way! Capitalism is the cornerstone of a free society. I am sure that it is nothing personal when someone comes in low, make a counter offer. It is you duty to pay what the market will bear, no more. Look at E-Bay, the stuff selling there is, in many cases, more expensive than you can purchase it for at a store. I never bought an automobile at sticker price and if everyone did they would raise the price till not everyone did.

Just a thought
R

REESE
09-08-2001, 06:26 PM
It's called having pride in the product you bought and standing behind it...not some shallow reason and pathetic excuse as the american way...for that was not what this country was based on...if it was, foreign policy would be down the drain and you would most likely be bouncing from job to job for someone would be screwing you over constantly...something for you to think about...

PowerFedMag
09-08-2001, 06:55 PM
Personally, I don't care much wheather re-sale value is good or not, there's really nothing we can do to change that. Besides, if I wanted a used Mag, I'd buy it for as cheap as possible...and if I ever made the mistake of trying to sell mine...I would not sell low.
Maybe a lot of people don't understand that when they buy a Mag, it's something they won't have to tinker with, or worry about breaking. Anyways, this is just another unsolvable problem, so just spread the word that Mag's sell for cheap, so ppl buy them -hehe

OK, time for me to bust another barrel nubbin...DAMN IT!

REESE
09-08-2001, 06:59 PM
fine...i'll give me...get you mag here...going cheap...get your mags here...powerfeed and nitro and warpfeed for 2 dollars...get your mags here!!!!! = )

Dubstar112
09-08-2001, 07:05 PM
im not complaining or anything, but i we are getting off topic here!

the idea is that people use this as an excuse to get a mag cheaper:

you buy a dupont irridescent dodge viper 15,000,000-

you dont like the way it handles(bad test drive-lol)-

you want to get somthing out of it so you decide to sell it-

your highest offer is 3000- The worst part is the seller tells you the car has a small resale value because its not electronically controled turbo synthetic rotors-

that was really off the subject but should make my idea a little more clear