PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on choosing upgrade

chizle97
01-01-2004, 06:33 PM
hey right now ive got a classic mag w/ right feed body classic valve lv/10 & a hyperframe. curently ive got enought to buy either an x-valve & ult or a ule body and a bigger tank like 71/4500 (right now i have a 41/3000 steel p.o.s.) just didnt know wich pair of things to get, kinda confused.

tyrion2323
01-01-2004, 06:37 PM
I would DEFINITELY recommend the xValve + ULT combination. That combination is going to drastically change your performance and abilities on the field, and you'll find that your 'mag experience will change for the better. A new tank is a worthy upgrade as well, but the xValve is the way to go =)

Good luck man!

Rumble
01-01-2004, 06:38 PM
well personally, i would go with the xvalve and ult, because its so cool :p no but serious, if you go out on the field, do you want your gun to be lighter and shoot faster, of do you care more about looks and the size of your tank. it all depends on your siituation. I would get the xvalve though, just for the ability to shoot faster, along with the ult, it should help out your ability to throw paint. hope this helps, good luck!

03vert
01-01-2004, 07:14 PM
sorry for playing the "stupid-noob-poser" guy and yes it annoys the whole hell outta me when im boasting about my bushy and people ask "why do you want to shoot that fast?its just a waste of paint." and i say i dont use it all the time, mostly for snap shooting and moving. but i mean it really isnt practical to spend alot of money for (im guessing) 6 more bps when 15-16 will do you fine. and since i play alot of woodsball its more of a one shot creep up hunting game than tourny (mmm tourny *drool*) so that might be why i think that way. just think if you want less of a hassle with a big tank or do you want that tank gone in 5 min cause you bought the xvalve and they are hosing the people down that you shot out. i would go for the ULE and tank if i were you but i mean speed is a nice little thing to have when you get in a jam. weigh your options and see if you can buy a used tank on the forums for around 100-150 and spring for the ULE and then if you can get the Xvalve go for it.

personman
01-01-2004, 07:52 PM
Get the Xvalve, HOWEVER, you do not really NEED the ULT if you have a hyperframe. It will just save you a little bit of battery power, and it will take a while to pay for itself before you start benifiting. I say get an Xvalve, then save your money for a nice crossfire 4500 tank. :)
You really do not need an xvalve with a hyperframe, unless you are getting shootdown :) (you shouldnt be getting shootdown if you have the 13 bps board, if you are you should talk to a tech, or have a look at your reg seat and oil your gun :))

jarley77
01-01-2004, 08:11 PM
i say get the x valve but i personally do not like the ult. A friend of mine had one on his gun and he never liked it either. it wasnt as light as i thought it would be and too me it didnt seem like a difference but if you like it then get it but i definately say get the x-valve!

Chojin Man
01-01-2004, 08:41 PM
I would go with a better tank and an x valve. Could you do that instead of a ULT?

personman
01-01-2004, 10:01 PM
You guys dont seem to realise that he has a hyperframe, which renders the ULT *ALMOST* useless, because the centerflag frame does the same thing, to get more battery power out of the 'noid. I think the ULT is still lighter though. I believe Kaiser Bob used ULT on his hyperframe mag and he was rocking it :cool:

magman007
01-01-2004, 10:10 PM
personman, you are wrong. the ult with the hyperframe works better. less energy is requiered to trip it, there fore opperation is made easier, there fore more speed is generated