PDA

View Full Version : AGD Tom anyone please help Breaking paint microEmag

tattoo
09-07-2001, 04:12 PM
Just got off the phone with Marsha at airguns, she thought I should try here again. My Micro E-mag keeps breaking paint. tried all kinds of paint with this gun with the same results. dropped the speed down to 11 BPS. Got a new Maxflow 4500 system for reliability with the air. Have 12volt revy (pre brass eagle)and a ricochet loader. It breaks in the barrel also chops. Thought it was just my gun now a teammate just got one yeserday and tried it out and the exact same thing with his. I've sent this gun out to Proteam 4 times for different things along with tellig them about the breaking of paint. And I keep getting it back with the same problem. They tell me to go to a large bore barrel. But I'm using Marbilizer right now and I'm having the same problem. Now another teammate is getting a used one and the guy he's getting it from says that airguns has a foamie bolt that might help. What are your thoughts on this. I really love this gun when it is working right. Problem is its so few and far between. Please someone help I have a tourney in two weeks and I would like to have this gun working by then. feel free to forward this email to anyone that might be able to help. My email is rivera2u@ptdprolog.net Thanks for any info "Lou"

Cha0tic
09-07-2001, 08:30 PM
ok you have to give some details....

how fast have you been shooting?
is it breaking in the barrel or the bolt/powerfeed area?
how high is your velocity?

tattoo
09-07-2001, 08:52 PM
Don't think its the speed of my shooting. Sometimes it could be my first or second shot. Other times I can get a string of 15 to 20. The breaks are in both my barrel and at the bolt. range is between 260 to 270 fps. Maxflow set at 700 going into the gun. Thanks for responding. I hope to try my neighbors warp feed on it tommorrow if it comes in.

Cha0tic
09-07-2001, 10:26 PM
well, if you get paint in your bolt and kinda up your powerfeed, you are chopping....

you say you are also getting it in your barrel, that i'm not sure of.

make sure your powerfeed plug is in all the way. this could prevent balls from loading all the way. is your ball detent installed properly? check it, it should be about as thick as a matchbox.

tattoo
09-08-2001, 06:33 AM
Well on the micro e-mag there is no power feed. Most of the breaks are in the bolt area. The ball Nubin(?) seems to be fine. I'm really lost on this, hate to have such a nice gun sitting as a backup.

GOREHAMMER
09-09-2001, 05:16 AM
i had a friend with a micromag with a similar problem
when i pulled out the guts and looked through the gun from back to front i could see that the barrel of the gun were it screwed in (cocker barrel) had a small lip were the body and the barrel met inside the gun and it was just enough to nick a ball on the way through and cause a lot of breakage. we fixed it by slightly reaming out the inside edge of the barrel (the screw in end, just for clarification). when u look down though the back of your gun it will be fairly obvious if that is the problem.

Maui PFB
09-09-2001, 08:37 PM
I agree with gorehammer sometimes milling can be off just enough to mess up your gun. And since the pt mag is all milling inside barrel/body that could be the problem. Worr games had this kind of problem with a batch of sniper 3's years ago. It can happen.

Live the Aloha
PFB#1 Maui

AGD
09-09-2001, 08:44 PM
Ok I'll get involved here. This is the diagnosis path:

1. If you break on the first shot AND there is only paint down the barrel, then you likely have a bad barrel to body match.

2. If you break on the first shot AND there is paint up the feed tube then it can only be from the ball in the barrel rolling forward past the nubbin and letting the ball waiting get half way in and that one is getting chopped.

3. If you NEVER chop the first ball AND break them up the feed tube while rapid firing your loader can't keep up or you have a blowback problem.

4. If you NEVER break the first ball and balls blow up down the barrel you have bad paint or bad barrel body match.

Test these and get back to us.

AGD

tattoo
09-11-2001, 07:10 PM
Thanks for your reply. I purchased some new paint the other day and the gun seemed to shoot fine. After checking the marbilzer I was using with fellow teammates we found some of the balls to be out of shape. So that may have been my problem with those. I did end up chopping some balls with the new paint(but that was during rapid firing). So I straped on my teammates warp feed he just got with his e-mag. And damn the gun ROCKED! Just as I wanted it to(no breaks chops etc). I am ordering and AGD Warp feed tonight. And hope to have everything ready for the tournament on 9-23-01. Question how do I go about getting and intelifeed cable for the feed? Thanks again for the info you gave and I'll post how we do in the tourney. "Lou"