PDA

View Full Version : should i get a ULT for my RT??

thump
01-01-2004, 09:54 PM
i just sent my classic rt in for the x valv/ule body upgrade.i was woundering if i shoule call AGD and also have them put in a ult? i really dont know anythign about the ult,,if they are worth it,will they work with the rt?
they are not that much money to buy but i dont know how hard they are to set up and get working right.does it really make my trigger pull that much lighter?? if anyone has any info on this subject please let me know.
thanks

personman
01-01-2004, 10:10 PM
They will work on your gun, once you've had the upgrade to xvalve. It makes your trigger pull a heck of a light lighter. If you can, I would try one first.

barberjohn
01-01-2004, 10:16 PM
yes, it does make you trigger almost walkable, and this is from a mech gun. it is sure to increase your rof, and everyone at you field will most likely think again about mags after shooting your gun:D . the only thing wrong is that if it is not set right, then it can be a little annoying, sometimes even chipping your bolt. also, the trigger is more easily short stroked, but if you are already good at shooting a mag, then you shouldnt worry about it.

thump
01-01-2004, 10:26 PM
well i havent really shot my rt much,i play with my minimag with just a normal valve and i still short stroke it every now and then,i dont have any real experience with an rt valve so i guess i will wait till i get my gun back and get use to it before i decide to upgrade to the ult.
thank you for the quick reply !:D

$tevo
01-02-2004, 11:53 AM
well if it is already at agd. you might as well just have them set it up for you, atleast you know it will be setup correctly.

barberjohn
01-02-2004, 01:38 PM
yea, and i think it is like 10 bucks cheaper if you buy it and they install it. i would go for it, a lighter trigger and higher rate of fire for only 40 bucks, its a no brainer:D !

Eric Cartman
01-02-2004, 04:06 PM
I'd say go for it. Tuning it is no big deal, or you can probably have AGD do it for you. If you're concerned about not liking it, just make sure they send your stock x-valve on/off assembly back with it. It's about one minute of work to switch back.
:D

Cheers.

thump
01-02-2004, 04:37 PM
the one thing im worried about is that in the description of the ule trigger is that it says "the ule trigger only gives optimum performance on guns with x-valves" and "the reactivity has been turned down in this upgrade so its harder to bounce but easier to short stroke".
with that said should i not wait to get my gun back,get use to it,break in the new valve,and then when i am more use to it and have no trouble with short stroking send it in?
im not use to a reactive trigger at all so i dont really know how hard they are to get use to.

Eric Cartman
01-02-2004, 05:14 PM
I guess it depends on how you shoot. I never had a problem with short stroking a classic valve and I have no problems with short stroking my X-valve with ULT. I suppose that others might. If it's cheaper to get the ULT installed while your gun is in there, then I'd still go for it. As I said, if you get them to send back the stock on/off from your X-valve, it'll only take a minute to switch to that if you do find that you're having issues with short stroking.

"the ule trigger only gives optimum performance on guns with x-valves" and "the reactivity has been turned down in this upgrade so its harder to bounce but easier to short stroke".
I understand AGD putting this out to fully cover their buts, but I think it's a bit overstated. If the short stroking was really that bad, I doubt AGD would ever have released this mod past beta testing.

All that said, don't go getting this thing for my sake:D
The X-valve by itself performs beautifully and I'm sure you'll like it. I just like the ULT so much that I expect everyone else to feel the same way. Of course everyone has their own preferences. It would be great if you could find someone in your neck of the woods who has one installed so you could try it out and see what you thought of it before purchasing it, but that's not always an option as mags can be pretty rare in some areas.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
01-02-2004, 07:24 PM
the pull becomes twice as heavy as the stock e-mag pull if I'm not mistaken

barberjohn
01-02-2004, 07:36 PM
yes, you are mistaken, but dont take it in a bad way. ult's are not meant to be used on emags, so there is no point. the only thing that a ult will do on an emag is make it easier to short stroke, and who uses the mech mode on them anyway.

personman
01-02-2004, 07:45 PM
barberjohn: you are mistaken.
He was saying that the pull of a mechanical ULT mag was equal to double the wieght of the Stock e-mag pull, which is more or less true. And the ULT on an emag wouldnt cause short stroking any more than a ULT on an RT.

barberjohn
01-02-2004, 09:27 PM
ahhhhhh, ok, now i got it. i thought that he was talking about the emag in mech mode, sorry for the confusion. man, do i feel stupid:rolleyes: .