PDA

View Full Version : Super slow Flatline recharge?

Lethargic
01-02-2004, 03:15 AM
Hey all,

I just got my mag with level 10 and ULT working properly, and have discovered a new and unusual problem with my tank. It is a 68/3000 flatline, and when i fire, it takes a good second to a second and a half for the tank to recharge. The output needle will drop, then work it's way sloooowwly back up to the starting pressure.

For example: The tank is on my mag right now, and is set at about 900 output. When I fire, the output guage on the tank drops to about 600 psi, then it fills to 900 again. It works fine for a rate of fire of about 2 bps, but obviously with an x-valve, I'm going to want a bit better than that. Any higher rates of fire will result in teh gun sitting at about 500 psi with the level 10 chuffing away.

It there any specific cause to this? What parts wear out on a flatline? I think I will take it to my local shop tomorrow morning, but in the meantime I was hoping someone here had an answer.

Thanks in advance

Dayspring
01-02-2004, 12:32 PM
Reg Seat. Replace or clean it.

Lethargic
01-02-2004, 03:55 PM
Where can I get a reg seat for a 3000 psi flatline? The agd store seems to only have the 4500 reg seats.

BlackVCG
01-02-2004, 05:38 PM
The reg. seat in the 3K Flatline is an o-ring and it's the same o-ring that's in the RT/X valve that's used for the on/off top o-ring.

You might want to make sure your spring pack is installed correctly. If you've had the thing apart recently, that could have been put in backwards. Check my Flatline Maintenance thread in the Gun/Air System thread at the top of this forum and there will be a picture of the correct orientation of the spring pack. Put it in backwards and the tank will have extremely slow recharge.

[GIB]Spiff
01-02-2004, 05:42 PM
The regulator seat for the 68/3000 is just an o-ring, it comes in the Flatline rebuild kit. Warpig.com has a great article on the Flatlines: http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/regulators/flatline/index.shtml

Lethargic
01-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Alrighty... I took the whole reg apart, cleaned greased and oiled everything, and then put the thing back together. I then proceeded to have the exact same problem as before.

I took it to my local shop, and he says it is probably my spring pack, or the reg seat. I replaced the reg seat and it didnt do anything, so i guess I'm going to order the new spring form AGD and hope for the best.

BlackVCG
01-03-2004, 12:37 AM
This method will probably scare you and any pets/siblings in the area, but it's the first thing I do if I'm checking a tank for good flow.

Disconnect the tank from the gun. I'm not sure how you have your hose setup, but I always have an elbow with male QD end at the tank, this way I can take the tank off with no hoses attached. With at least 1500psi in the tank, I turn the on/off to the on position and the tank should try to push back your hand and make a REALLY loud hissing sound. Of course, you want to turn it off immediately, but if a tank has a restrictive reg. seat or a restriction in the on/off, it's going to not be as loud. It is possible to have an on/off o-ring that has collected a bunch of junk and collapsed cause flow issues, but it's not that common.

Replacing/inspecting the on/off o-ring is not a simple task, so it's best to have everything else checked off first.

You didn't say it, so I'm going to ask again... Did you check to make sure the spring pack is installed properly?

Lethargic
01-03-2004, 01:30 AM
yeah, I took the reg back apart and checked the spring pack. It was in the right way, or at least the same as in your diagram.

I actually think i may have solved the problem by replacing all the o-rings I could reach. I will have to see tomorrow when i can get more air.