PDA

View Full Version : emag electrical problems

bratch
09-07-2001, 05:07 PM
Ok I moved my battery on my emag nad now when I shoot it in electrical or hybrid mode after a few shots the electrics die out. The gun resets everything including the total shot count. Sometimes it will shoot and the LED screen won't display anything even after pushing the buttons. I can usuall disconnect the power and hook it back up and evrything works again but sometimes I have to fire it in manual mode befre the LED comes back on. I think the recoil of the gun shooting is doing it because it only happens when I am firing it with air. Just hoping someone might have an idea before I have to ship it back in.

AGD
09-07-2001, 11:30 PM
I think this is Bryce,

Try bending out the clips on the batter pack so they make firmer contact. Also push on the plate the clips are mounted too and see if they are loose. If the plate is loose, take apart the battery pack and put some padding in the bottom of the battery and put it back together. That might fix it.

AGD

bratch
09-09-2001, 09:16 PM
Yup this is Bryce. I think it may be my ground again but I don't know if that would reset the total shot count all the time. Would it? Where is the best place to ground the battery? I have it on the gauge but I think that is messing up someone told me on the board but I was afraid it would fry it; is this safe?

Chef123161
09-10-2001, 05:08 PM
I did Rob's E-mag/Revvy Hack to run the Revvy off of the E-Mag battery and I grounded my wire on the PCB Retaining screw and havent had a problem.

http://www.automags.org/~RobAGD/warped-stuff/revy-hack/wires-gripframe1.jpg

This is the pic from Rob's instructions on the mod I did. You can see the screw right above the LED Display screen. I dont see why you cant use it.

bratch
09-10-2001, 05:15 PM
I have already grounded it there. The idea hit me last night around midnight. Thanks for the help though.

bratch
09-10-2001, 05:18 PM
On second look thats not where I ground mine. Mine is between the screw and the grp panel. So far it is workig.