PDA

View Full Version : My X-valve only has an "X:" on it

Magglerock
01-02-2004, 12:35 PM
I just recieved an X-valve for Christmas, but it only says "X" on the side. I thought it was supposed to say "X-valve". Did they change the engraving?

coolcatpete
01-02-2004, 12:47 PM
Maybe it is a 10 o clock version, Welcome to AO
Pete

Magglerock
01-02-2004, 12:48 PM
What is a "10 o clock" version?

Dayspring
01-02-2004, 01:27 PM
AGD changed the engraving on the Xvalve. It was easier than having several different versions. Some online stores sill have the older Xvalve logo on them.

And the 9 o'clock and 10 o'clock thing was a mistake on a few valve. Instead of the 90* angle the X was engraved at, it was a little higher. No big, just a costmetic boo boo.

BD_Paintball
01-02-2004, 01:36 PM
yea its the new thing. when i got mine when they first came out it said "X-valve". my brother got one a few weeks ago and it says X. I dont really like the new "X" but thats the new thing.

Miscue
01-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by BD_Paintball
yea its the new thing. when i got mine when they first came out it said "X-valve". my brother got one a few weeks ago and it says X. I dont really like the new "X" but thats the new thing.

Same here, I think it looks funny. When it said XValve or XMag it looked good. I dunno why AGD doesn't just go with XValve on the side for everything.

Magglerock
01-02-2004, 05:28 PM
:)

Kevmaster
01-02-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Miscue

Same here, I think it looks funny. When it said XValve or XMag it looked good. I dunno why AGD doesn't just go with XValve on the side for everything.

Agreed

Cryer
01-02-2004, 07:05 PM
I hated that my mag said "VALVE" on the Side. Its like engraving "TRIGGER" on your trigger. I know its a damn valve:p

If anything (other than the X, which I greatly prefer over the "xVALVE"), they should do the airgunDesigns like they have over the lions...Like so:

PBCapo
01-02-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Cryer
I hated that my mag said "VALVE" on the Side. Its like engraving "TRIGGER" on your trigger. I know its a damn valve:p

If anything (other than the X, which I greatly prefer over the "xVALVE"), they should do the airgunDesigns like they have over the lions...Like so:

good call. I love the plain x, it looks really...uhh..i dunno, slick maybe? i cant think of a word:p

ERut
01-02-2004, 09:42 PM
I like the plain X. Anyone want to trade?;)

p8ntball1016
01-02-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
AGD changed the engraving on the Xvalve. It was easier than having several different versions. Some online stores sill have the older Xvalve logo on them.

And the 9 o'clock and 10 o'clock thing was a mistake on a few valve. Instead of the 90* angle the X was engraved at, it was a little higher. No big, just a costmetic boo boo. yeah. they were put on xmags but the x was off center. so tom sold them as seperate valves.

rmmatt153
01-03-2004, 03:13 AM
cryer that is an awesome idea i love that. i like just the X as well does anyone want to trade me mine has only been used 2 times about 1000 shots

Digits
01-03-2004, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Cryer

That looks awsome

Branchvillian
01-03-2004, 09:54 AM
I like that alot Cryer, I would buy that way before I bought the one with just the "X". That reminds me...I have to buy an X Valve soon. Pay day!!

Cryer
01-06-2004, 02:56 PM
I'd like to have an X-valve that said "68Automag" on it with the X behind it, personally...

11_Mile_TMaster
01-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I liked the personal touches of the other valves. Except E-Max. I just didn't care for it. The actual "X-Mag" was uber cool.

But, One has to understand that they are probably doing some major restructuring of their line. Depending on how things with Smart Parts go, they might not even have E Mags or X-Mags in the near future. Just speculation on my part, but, were they to lose the lawsuit, It would be bad enough that they have all those electronic parts sitting around, Having to sell the E/X-Mag Valves at a discounted rate would hurt things further.

I'd be first in line for An E-Mag C&C Battery Pack and Empty gripframe though. :)

Heck, If that CO2 On an X-Valve thingy goes well enough, who knows, they might start using those on Classic/MiniMags (Provided they aren't done away with alltogether. By the time I added a foregrip, Hosing, And so forth to my Classic, I Was nearly at the price of the new 'baseline' RT-Pro. I was lucky my classic came with a Barrel, or that would have been on the price tag as well.)

Anyway, Enough Ranting.

-TO11MTM

Cryer
01-06-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by 11_Mile_TMaster
Yeah, I liked the personal touches of the other valves. Except E-Max. I just didn't care for it. The actual "X-Mag" was uber cool.

But, One has to understand that they are probably doing some major restructuring of their line. Depending on how things with Smart Parts go, they might not even have E Mags or X-Mags in the near future. Just speculation on my part, but, were they to lose the lawsuit, It would be bad enough that they have all those electronic parts sitting around, Having to sell the E/X-Mag Valves at a discounted rate would hurt things further.

I'd be first in line for An E-Mag C&C Battery Pack and Empty gripframe though. :)

Heck, If that CO2 On an X-Valve thingy goes well enough, who knows, they might start using those on Classic/MiniMags (Provided they aren't done away with alltogether. By the time I added a foregrip, Hosing, And so forth to my Classic, I Was nearly at the price of the new 'baseline' RT-Pro. I was lucky my classic came with a Barrel, or that would have been on the price tag as well.)

Anyway, Enough Ranting.

-TO11MTM

I dont think that they would necessarily be forced to discontinue the EMAG line, although that shouldn't be completely ruled out. They would have to pay a liscencing fee and other fees per unit sold. AGD is a small company, but I dont think its small enough for something like that to force them to discontinue their most popular line of products.

nate2k191
01-08-2004, 12:20 AM
lol cryer, u must be good with photoshop, i've seen other pics you have made(like sigs), with your name in it and stuff.

o yea, and i dont care whats on the vavle as long as it works like pure liquid ownage.

11_Mile_TMaster
01-08-2004, 01:50 PM
Well, to be honest, I don't see How the hell AGD would do it. I mean, in the fact that an X-Mag is already around 1300 or so... The extra money for liscencing would probably make it above most people's liking... For 1500$, a Marker better cook me breakfast in the morning ;).

As for discontinuing E-Mags, Well, it's a possibility... Not the nicest one, but one that is definately possible... For that matter, There's always a chance of the E-mag being revised. I know there has been some hushed talk on the forums of the ULE Trigger making an E-Frame upgrade a more doable option... They could theoretically Redo the E-mag with the new On/off system to make it less power hungry, and eliminate some of the issues people have been griping about, especially with Trigger bounce in tourneys, things like that.

Keep in mind, too, that the ULE Trigger pull kit is capable of some VERY respectable Rates of fire with some tweaking. I might be joking myself, but I've checked myself doing 9BPS or so on an e-spyder with a pretty tuned trigger (Well, as tuned as an e-spyder can get ;) ) And I know I could hit at least that with my ULE Trigger setup. And I've got some crappy trigger skills.

All in all, It's a simple matter of that I feel a lot of people outside of AO Don't see the E-Mag as a terribly competitive gun as it is, and if the price on it is raised, that is just one more strike against them.

Just my two cents...

-TO11MTM