PDA

View Full Version : Newb question about short stroking

tonybhall
01-02-2004, 02:08 PM
Hello everyone,

I just got a Custom ULE Rt with everything. It has a LVL 10, X valve, and ULT.

I keep seeing people talking about short stroking mag triggers and how easy it is to do with a ult. Exactly what is short stroking and what is the best way to learn not to do it. I think I have an idea of what it is.

The reason I ask is, I have only had my Mag for 2 days and when plaing around with it, it has a tendancy to get away from me. Sometimes when I just barely touch the trigger it starts to rip like it's full auto becase the trigger is so reactive. WHen this happens I have had some chops, probably in the barrel as I have a lvl 10 so that should not be it.

My gun before this one was a mag but with an Electr. Hyperframe trigger. This trigger is so diff. that I am having to learn how to shoot again.

Any help would be appreciated.
Bryan

jewie27
01-02-2004, 02:54 PM
what is your output pressure on your Nitrogen/Air tank? If you have an adjustable tank you may lower the reactivity of your X-Valve, but trigger bounce is good. If you hold your finger half-way back on the trigger and the gun shoots like it's on full auto, it's called run-away. Short Stroking is not releasing the trigger all the way before the next shot. The X-Valve is sensitive, so consistent trigger pull is recommended for consistent velocity.

Jew E 27
01-08-2004, 02:40 AM
Welcome back from "vacation".

Jewie you are right on target with this post. Keep up the good work.