PDA

View Full Version : RT Valve Quits Suddenly - HELP Please!

oledude
01-02-2004, 09:12 PM
I've got an RT valve with Level 10 in an RT Pro. The valve has had problems (leaked through LX, stopped working - wouldn't gas up) and has been back to AGD as I and local techs couldn't ever solve them. It has been working well for about 6 months since but now it has a new problem. I'm not very up on Mag teching, so I'm turning for help to AO.

Today I chronoed the gun and began to play. About a minute went by since I last fired and I went to shoot again and there was nothing - the trigger pulled against a degassed marker. I never heard a leak or any other indication of a problem. I undid the tank and reconnected and it recharged and was fine, but it quickly failed again if firing/recocking was not taking place. I don't understand the mechanics of the valve enough to understand how the valve can degas while remaining connected to a charged tank.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,

OD

punkncat
01-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Do you use an on/off?
Did the whole airline actually "de-gas" or just the valve itself?
Sounds like a problem from the air source not the marker itself.....have you tried another HPA tank?

oledude
01-02-2004, 09:35 PM
Thanks for your reply.

No, I've just got an ASA and a steel line to the valve. When I reconnected the tank, I got the whoosh-click of the valve charging and the trigger setting. If marker was left alone, I had a limp trigger to pull. I'm using the AGD carbon fiber single trigger. Could the trigger be the problem??

Thanks.

OD

oledude
01-02-2004, 09:58 PM
Punkncat - Thought about what you said and checked the tank. The o-ring was a little loose and I replaced it and have not been able to recreate the problem, so I'll just have to wait until next outing to see...

It's my curse to have these strange intermittant things happen while playing. And with the problems earlier with the valve, I guess I was looking for a high tech problem, when it was low tech all the way.

Thanks for the help!!!

OD

Potatoboy
01-02-2004, 10:03 PM
When's the last time you oiled?

Put a few drops in your ASA and dry fire it without the barrel.

That's the usual cause of these symptoms.

p8ntball1016
01-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Potatoboy
When's the last time you oiled?

Put a few drops in your ASA and dry fire it without the barrel.

That's the usual cause of these symptoms. Tater is right. A well lubed gun is a happy gun.

oledude
01-03-2004, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the suggestions - I'll lube the valve before the next round.

OD

akscubainst
01-03-2004, 02:01 AM
I've had this problem with my RTPro/LX and have seen it at time with a automag/LX and emag/LX all at the same time.

We chronoed, everything was fine, went out to play and all 3 of us we dead. If you shake it and just keep trying it will start firing again.

Mine is the worst. I'm starting to suspect that maybe my body is misaligned and the bolt is hanging on the barrel. There is wear on the barrel but not the bolt.

Oil and the air source are not the problem. Those were eliminated right away.

Dave

Evil1
01-03-2004, 02:04 AM
Definitely keep it oiled especially an RT valve. They need oil much more than a classic valve.