PDA

View Full Version : RT leak problem

Posi
01-03-2004, 02:17 AM
I just got my Automag RT with a level 10 and today i gassed it up and it started leaking out of the hole in the back of the valve. I believe i fixed this by tightening up something or other (sorry for being a complete noob). It still leaks slowly though along the bottom of the valve. Any help would be great, and the less jokes about me being the biggest nooob on the planet the better. thanks

Dayspring
01-03-2004, 02:22 AM
The leak at the back of the valve is a blow off b/c you have the velocity set too high. Turn it counter clockwise to stop it.

As for the leak elsewhere, pull and hold the trigger. Does the leak stop?

Posi
01-03-2004, 03:15 AM
yes, when i pull the trigger and hold it the leak stops, the guy at the local shop said it was one of the o rings, he just couldn't remember which one, and i have tried the velocity and it didn't work, it stopped the first leak along with the thing i tightened

50 cal
01-03-2004, 07:58 AM
Your grip screw in the rear(banjo bolt) probably isn't tight enough or has a cut o-ring. Pull the rear screw and lube or replace the 2 o-rings.

Drop some auto-lube in your air adapter before gassing up, more times than not, this is the culprit.