PDA

View Full Version : Should i get an automag? what upgrades recommend

Fa7th_outk45t
01-03-2004, 11:42 AM
Should i get an automag or a cocker and what upgrades do u recommend?

Thanks for info

cphilip
01-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Your gone.

BobTheCow
01-03-2004, 11:48 AM
What, BANNED?!?!?
Couldn't you just... get rid of the other 2 threads and warn him in this one?? He's probably asking an honest question, if he doesn't have any experience with mags...

Fa7th_outk45t
01-03-2004, 11:48 AM
wait what?

cphilip
01-03-2004, 11:50 AM
If you all would just be a little patient you would see the finality of it.

I banned him for a few minutes to do my checks on his IP and all before he could do any futher damage. And when I was able to determine he was legit then I unbanned him. Thats takes me a few mintues. Plus the clean up of the threads. We had a spam attack last night and I have to keep close eye on any funny business and react to stop posting as fast as I can just in case. It makes clean up easier if you can stop it first then go do your research.

Sheesh. Give it a break fella's. This takes a little time to do this job ya know. Over 10 actions and reloads just to check this one out!

TheDoveDecends
01-03-2004, 12:06 PM
cphillip i know how it is man. I have experience in stuff that that as well. Give em a break guys.

As for you Fa7th_outk45t .. i would say go with the mag! And there are tons of upgrades for them.. to list a few:
Intellifram
Hyperframe
Logic vert frame
ULE body
LVL 10
Xvavle
etc.

cphilip
01-03-2004, 12:13 PM
All I need is like five minutes to do what I need to do and your back if your not linked to the problem. But red flags go up when you have had a spammer on and all the sudden a new guy comes and his first three are multiple posts. So in this case I would head right to his profile and ban him. So he could not post while I was then checking out his IP's to see if he was related. Then I would (in this case) unban him and go back and remove his excessive posts and then go change the note I made banning him. In that amount of time (three to five minutes) you guys came on posting while I was busy doing it. Thats what kind of stuff happens. I could have closed the thread too but there is another action in the main window to do. Wereas going stright to the control panel and banning him first is the best choice because if he HAD of been the violator I have him stopped. And then have time to track him down. A lot of you may have been banned for a minute or two and never knew it! :D

WaStEd TaLeNt
01-03-2004, 01:59 PM
Get a Mag! I can't explain how much I love mine...

Anyways.. check out this link: http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=425&CATID=25

Nomad
01-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Right at this moment of time, I'd say that both the Cocker and the Mag were on complete equal footing.

Trigger pull: You can tune a cocker to have an uber light trigger pull. The Mags now have a ULE Trigger which makes it the trigger as close to an electro as you can get a mechnical.

Barrel upgrades: Both can take same cocker threaded barrels (with a ULE body, going with the RTP deal going on right now, how could you not upgrade to total ULE?).

Chopping: Cockers can be tuned to not chop, while mags with lvl 10 don't chop.

The only thing cockers have up on mags is effeciency (mags get around 700-800 good shots off a 68/3000 while a tuned cocker can get 900-1000 good shots with the same tank) and more aftermarket parts. Mags however sport compact size, are lighter weight, and complete reliability.

heftylefty
01-04-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by cphilip
All I need is like five minutes to do what I need to do and your back if your not linked to the problem. But red flags go up when you have had a spammer on and all the sudden a new guy comes and his first three are multiple posts. So in this case I would head right to his profile and ban him. So he could not post while I was then checking out his IP's to see if he was related. Then I would (in this case) unban him and go back and remove his excessive posts and then go change the note I made banning him. In that amount of time (three to five minutes) you guys came on posting while I was busy doing it. Thats what kind of stuff happens. I could have closed the thread too but there is another action in the main window to do. Wereas going stright to the control panel and banning him first is the best choice because if he HAD of been the violator I have him stopped. And then have time to track him down. A lot of you may have been banned for a minute or two and never knew it! :D

im so confused. man id never want to become a mod, that seems like too much work for my lazy butt.

Commissar_Loki
01-04-2004, 01:50 PM
Well let me put in my two cents, I HAD a cocker, most evil and undesirable thing I ever shot, AND it was actually tuned properly. Where as my minimag, before I upgraded the bahjesus outta it was pretty awsome to begin with, now with ULD warp, Rik 2k, warp, Edge kit, Intelli, and new dye stickies, the thing is slick. I'd say go mag, their fairly easily maintained, and unlike cockers, no real messin with pnuematics trying to get it perfect, for a mag its more of a once a year thing if that.

punkncat
01-04-2004, 05:07 PM
If you getone with an old classic valve, it is probably the most reliable , toughest marker EVER made.It is also fairly slow, which isn't neccessarily a problem for your average paintballer.
The barrels that fit them are becoming harder to find as manufacturers are getting away from offering twistlock.Good thing is that the ULE body will solve that problem.
With Lvl 7 it is absolutely the most paint chopping marker this side of a Spyder.Whick leads to Lvl 10.I will come back to that in a minute.
The new X valve is absolutly amazing as to how fast it will fire.This thing is light and supposedly just as reliable as the old valve.Made of aluminium it probably will not stand up as long as the stainless classic valves did, but defiantely long enough.

Now Lvl 10 is something different altogether.At first you will cuss it like someone who raped your momma.It will give you all sorts of hell while its breaking in.You will have to fiddle with it for at least one , if not several of the first times you try to play a game with it.
But once it is broken in , its probably the best thing that ever happened to paintball equipment since the ASA adapter.

maglover52
01-04-2004, 05:33 PM
i used to be a mag guy now im a cocker guy!

Fixion
01-04-2004, 11:12 PM
I love both mags and cockers (I own one of each). The only problem I have with my mag is efficiency (not a problem to most people). But besides that I like it more than my cocker.