PDA

View Full Version : Vikings, X mags, Eblades, and Timmies...

tobz
01-03-2004, 04:47 PM
I personally think X Mags are the best markers out there, with vikings right behind, or the same (depending if you count price as a factor :))

I shoot an eblade, so I am biased towards them, but the other marker that everyone considers top dawg is the Timmy..

What arguments are there (factual only, please) that will persuade some of my friends to not get them?

Just curious.

T.J.

Ryknow
01-03-2004, 04:52 PM
Viking w/ eyes > any timmy

Viking with eyes price < nice timmy

enough said.

teamkamakazee
01-03-2004, 05:18 PM
timmys are known to be kind of a work horse!

i have a ebladed cocker once they are tuned to perfection all you have to do is oil them up!

i would say go with either they are really nice guns it is just preference. you are going to have to learn to fix stuff on your own with either guns or else you are going to be spending alot of money at the paintball store!

personally i say get a ebladed cocker i like mine alot!

afrankart
01-03-2004, 05:18 PM
What exactly are you trying to persuade them not to get?

AKA warranty > everyone elses

tobz
01-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Not so much persuading.. Just for arguments sake.

When I got balling, everyone is like "Timmy's are the best" and they drool over them but are very close minded. I was just looking for some good info (for arguments' sake) for when they start the drooling again, I can tell them to open their eyes a bit.

Thanks for the info guys.

T.J.

01-03-2004, 05:34 PM
Well I know intimidators are awesome because I have one. Why would you want to persuade them either way let them get what they want. If you wanna show them whats out there let them shoot your eblade and get them to shoot other guns and see if they like them better.

Ov3rmind
01-03-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Ryknow
Viking with eyes price < nice timmy
I don't get it.:confused:

DWill
01-03-2004, 05:54 PM
He is saying that a viking with eyes is less than a decent timmy above stock maybe? Basically I think he is saying that a stock viking with eyes* costs less and is equal in performance than a more upgraded timmy.

FreshmanBob
01-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Eyes are only 20 bucks, i dont get it..

Anywho, as far as vikings vs timmys and just about everything else goes, vikings are more efficent (most cases 2000 off a 68/45) a bit faster (not that it matters), come stock with a WAS board and soda can mod reg, have the air lines drilled into the aluminum body and not actual air lines like inside a timmy, have the best warrenty and come with type 3 hard anno to prevent scratchin.

tobz
01-03-2004, 06:11 PM
That was some good info that I was looking for. :)

T.J.

agdemagman69
01-03-2004, 06:17 PM
I'd take a viking over a timmy any day
(i've owned two timmys, two vikings, and 3 emags, as well as an SFL emag)

THe viking W/was board shoots just as fast as the timmy, except its cheaper. Also IMO Vikings are of MUCH Better construction, and are almost flawless when it comes to problems. As opposed to timmys, which to me feel like plastic, and the whole air line hose barbs on the solenoid are just a pain in the *** when they blow. Plus Vikings have a much greater warranty, and are SUPER efficient, as well as the best anno on the market.

The only reason I would ever take another timmy over a viking would be if i wanted a really good looking gun

tobz
01-03-2004, 06:25 PM
I'd be very interested in trying out a viking, to see if I like them more than the eblade.

That is my next goal :)

T.J.

teamkamakazee
01-03-2004, 07:11 PM
get a free flow boxxer with a eblade it has the best waranty then any gun it has a life time warranty

MicroMiniMe
01-03-2004, 07:15 PM
Teamate has an '04 OTP Destructive Customs Viking thats shipped but not arrived yet. Might have it by Wednesday night for match at FSL in Ramsey.

tony3
01-03-2004, 07:29 PM
I like timmys, they got nothing to them and are very simple. They are extremely reliable, very fast, consistent, and have good effieceny. I also really like the longness of them. Not to mention they look killer. Vikings are awesome guns to, I got nothing against them, I just like the overall feel of timmys more. I also think timmys look much better then vikings.

Steelrat
01-03-2004, 07:55 PM
I like vikings and eblades. Right now I have an 04 viking, and Im building an Jackal RDL Eblade.

Timmys are fine guns. Im not a big fan of their build quality, and the whole hose-and-barb setup inside strikes me as cheap. But they are undeniably fast, and light. Id take an eblade or a viking ahead of one any day, but what matters most is how it works for you.

tobz
01-03-2004, 08:19 PM
I'll be at FSL in ramsey thursday night for a practice. Probably 6-9pm or so. Maybe I'll see you there?

T.J.

ZAust
01-03-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Steelrat
I like vikings and eblades. Right now I have an 04 viking, and Im building an Jackal RDL Eblade.

Timmys are fine guns. Im not a big fan of their build quality, and the whole hose-and-barb setup inside strikes me as cheap. But they are undeniably fast, and light. Id take an eblade or a viking ahead of one any day, but what matters most is how it works for you.

notice, not one word about xmags... :p

RRfireblade
01-03-2004, 09:14 PM
There's no factual reason to NOT get any of them besides the differences in cost.

They're all fine performing guns and equally unique.

This would be just another useless discussions/arguements that are based purely on what EVERY gun discussion is based on......

PERSONAL OPINION.

Shoot 'em and then buy one.It's not a life altering decision.;)

Jay.

Steelrat
01-03-2004, 09:16 PM
Well, I don't want to get flamed for saying anything about the X-mags ;) However, I do not feel they are the best guns out there. Best looking, maybe, but definately not the best shooting, especially for the money. I gave emags and xmags two chances to impress me, and they didnt. For the money, I believe you can find markers that are faster, ligher, have a better ACE system, and are more efficient.

If you need to go the xmag route, I actually like the ULE'd emags. You can get them cheaper than an X, now that all ULEs can be bought new, and can actually end up being ligher than the X. All you lose is the ACE, which most X users apparently disable anyways.

But, in the end, some people will prefer shooting the E/X mags, which is fine, because everyone has their own tastes. And some people can rip on em. Just not me.

Crazy
01-03-2004, 10:12 PM
Timmy Customer Support > Viking Customer support
Timmy weight > Viking weight ( for god sakes man, it's another freaking shoe box shocker)
Timmy size > Viking size ( ditto with the shoe box)
Timmy speed > Viking speed ( Don't say that cps is faster, only way people have been able to get them to shoot faster is with hacked FA boards and a god damn vibrator)
Timmy looks > Viking Looks ( Since, as Ryan Greenspan said, better you look, better you play)
Timmy price > Viking price

Oh, by the way, I'd have to say Any Matrix with a evolve bolt kit and Egi eyes will outperform any of these 4 guns, ANY day.

afrankart
01-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Crazy
Timmy Customer Support > Viking Customer support
Timmy weight > Viking weight ( for god sakes man, it's another freaking shoe box shocker)
Timmy size > Viking size ( ditto with the shoe box)
Timmy speed > Viking speed ( Don't say that cps is faster, only way people have been able to get them to shoot faster is with hacked FA boards and a god damn vibrator)
Timmy looks > Viking Looks ( Since, as Ryan Greenspan said, better you look, better you play)
Timmy price > Viking price

Oh, by the way, I'd have to say Any Matrix with a evolve bolt kit and Egi eyes will outperform any of these 4 guns, ANY day.

Wow.
Have you ever had to deal with AKA's customer support? I have and it was excellent. Remind me again how long the warranty lasts on a timmy?My featherlite viking weighs LESS than my teammates GZ timmy. It is also shorter. If you like shooting a marker as long as a 12 ga pump, that's fine. If you say cps doesen't matter, why did you give the timmy the advantage. Higher CPS = higher possible rates of fire, no doubt about it. And Yeah, timmies are such a better bang for the buck than vikings, too.

And to securely place your foot in your mouth, do you want to explain how a matrix with x and x upgrades will outperform a viking in any way. I would love to hear it.

Crazy
01-03-2004, 10:29 PM
CPS doesn't matter because when you put FA boards in them, it might go faster, but with a human pulling the trigger, Timmys easily outperform vikings.

Length? have you ever played airball boy? Going to put a dz3 and a 5" speedball barrel on your viking? length matters and is an advantage. Hence why most nppl/psp players use the 16" nowadays.

What does your friend have as a setup? a 114/4500 Apoc tank and a dye SS barrel?

Matrix-egi eyes > Any eye ever made
-Evolve bolt kit = 2100+ shots per 68/4500

Edited out - If I see that kind of flaming statement again I gonna give you a three day. That is not how we act on AO - cphilip

afrankart
01-03-2004, 10:36 PM
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/c77bronco/40cps.wmv

Tell me where the FA board or the vibrator is.

I play airball every week. I have a 12" barrel and a rail drop. Yeah, superduper long setups are awesome for us small front guys.

He has a 68/45 centerflag and a titanium longbow.

"Matrix-egi eyes > Any eye ever made" Way to go prove your ironic previous statement with a solid opinion.

Yeha, nice mouth comment too, grow up. This isn't pbnation and you don't have to get all pissy when someone questions your opinions.

personman
01-03-2004, 10:40 PM
While intimadators may be nice guns, I feel that they are extremely overpriced. I think that $600 would be reasonable for a brand new timmy, not $1k. I cant say much about vikings, but it seems like Timmies and Vikings are the big fads right now. Xmags are nice, the only thing that can honestly be improved on them is effeciancy, IMO. I havent shot an Eblade, but I pulled the trigger a few times on one at DDay (:p) and meh, it wasnt for me, not to mention cockers dont like me, and I dont like them.
Everyone swears by vikings now, I'm not sure why, I guess I'll have to try one sometime. They look kind of ugly though, I dont know why people obsess over (OMG) IMMORTAL VIKING! LOOKS JUST LIKE THE STOCK VIKING WITH 2 PLACES MILLED!
I remember when everyone was complaining about how shoebox like the old shocker looked. Then they go out and buy a viking :p

Crazy
01-03-2004, 10:46 PM
lol... you get a guy fanning/raking the trigger? that harldy sounds like 40 cps as it is, i'd like to see that douchebag try and shoot like that in a game and actually hit someone.

12", woah man, way to use the bunker to your advantage... you must not win much or just play recball.

no crap it might be heavier, you have a 12" and what size tank?

yeah, my opinion followed up by the evolve bolt kit statement.

Edited out. Your going to be banned I can see it now - cphilip

nastymag
01-03-2004, 10:49 PM
dont listen to crazy ....

he has his opinions... like his decision to listen that emo crap called jimmy eats world.

i want to see how many "FRONT " players actaully use 16inchers ? not many

most front players use 14.
the new vikings weigh a little less then 3 pounds.

they both use WAS boards.

and are there ANY timmys for less then 900 bucks ... not new. you can get new vikings for alot less.

Timmys shoot nice, but are not the best out there.

afrankart
01-03-2004, 10:53 PM
Fanning, raking, whatever. He did that with his fingers, not a vibrator. Oh, it was sould analyzed at 39.7 cps. Regardless of the actual speed, show me atimmy, wait ANY timmy rip that fast.

Yeah, I am part of a 5man recball team.:rolleyes: Not every speedball field in every tournament we play in is airball.

We have the same length barrels and the same size tank. On a digital scale, my viking weighs 1.3 ounces less than his GZ.

MicroMiniMe
01-03-2004, 11:06 PM
Please don't feed the troll. He gets his 3(?) day vacation on his own just fine.
No cussin' says the mods.

Steelrat
01-03-2004, 11:07 PM
Frank, dont sink to Crazy's level. He plays the "angry man" schtick, as if it were truly original. Theres a few like him on every forum. He hates Vikings with a passion, and will do anything to badmouth them. His days here are numbered, as he cannot control his juvenile outbursts. I think he has had enough 3 days to warrant a permenant vacation.

Its easier to shoot a timmy or a matrix fast out-of-the box. There is a little learning curve on shooting the viking fast, but not much. When timmy guys are making comments to me like "What do you have there, a MAC-10?" then you know the viking cant be all that bad. The truly difficult guns to shoot fast are the emags and the eblades, which require more skill to rip on.

As far as looks, I view the marker as a tool to play. Its cool if it looks flashy and cool, but I actually like the purposeful simplicity of the viking. I also like the exposed mechanicals of the cockers. To each their own.

agdemagman69
01-03-2004, 11:07 PM
lol... you get a guy fanning/raking the trigger? that harldy sounds like 40 cps as it is, i'd like to see that douchebag try and shoot like that in a game and actually hit someone.

12", woah man, way to use the bunker to your advantage... you must not win much or just play recball.

no crap it might be heavier, you have a 12" and what size tank?

yeah, my opinion followed up by the evolve bolt kit statement.

Don't get defensive, you started the mouth comments, How about you clean the sand out of your vagina and realize people have different opinions.

Wow, another closed minded PBN reject...

God where to start with you...

Do you play professional level paintball?

Lets start with the timmys looks... Of course they look good, spyder bodies arent that hard to mill. And AKA doesnt bother itself with looks, they work more towards making their guns solidly built and perform beautifully.

As i stated earlier, I've owned intimidators, and no offense to anyone who owns them, but the construction is CRAP! They use easily strippable brass nipples to transport gun to several places in the gun including the solenoid. About everyother day I read about someone who broke a nipple off in the solenoid. Do yourself a favor, compare the ratio of owned guns to serious problems in the AKA forum to the Bob long forum on PBN.

Weight Lasoya timmy : 2 lbs ten ounces... Wow, thats what a stock viking weighs too! so your point is null

Speed.I believe Vikings have a faster cycle time than Timmys.

Your whole argument about gun length makes no sense..In airball you push the Barrel into the bunker, not the whole damn gun.

Also, Vikings come with a no-rise, was board and was eyes for 915$ last i checked stock timmys are 995 w/o Was board or WAS eyes

And dont say bob longs customer service is good! I had to deal with them about busted hoses. They told me it would be covered by the warranty, and they made me send them the gun. Two months later i get it back, with a 50$ bill for two hoses... Bull

When my nelson board died for my old viking, i sent it in, and got it back in a week with a new board and a bill for 0.00$

cphilip
01-03-2004, 11:34 PM
Go off one more time Crazy and your toast. lets keep it gentlemanly (or lady like if you prefer) or someone is going to be hurt. And it ain't gonna be me...

Crazy
01-03-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by nastymag

he has his opinions... like his decision to listen that emo crap called jimmy eats world.

most front players use 14.

Just because i quote them doesn't mean i listen to them, that quote is like 2 years old, sorry my internet friend, but my sig is not the most important thing in the world.

ever been to a psp/nppl, let alone any remotely large tourny?...

Crazy
01-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by MicroMiniMe
Please don't feed the troll. He gets his 3(?) day vacation on his own just fine.
No cussin' says the mods.

Please, by all means, quote me on my "cussin", since we all know it is censored and would be replaced with *****.

Steelrat
01-03-2004, 11:37 PM
So because you play in tournies, your opinions are more valid? Please...

Crazy
01-03-2004, 11:41 PM
i'm using that as example, If you have been to them, you would see that 16" are very common, and useful, as long as you know how to play with them.

cphilip
01-03-2004, 11:43 PM

Please, by all means, quote me on my "cussin", since we all know it is censored and would be replaced with *****.

FYI: Even challenging the filter will get you a ban. So will flaming. Thats what I seeing here Crazy.

Also I did not like your statement in your title and you are not to use it anymore here on AO. I changed it. And if you know whats good for you then you will not repeat it.

Draw attention to yourself in the way you have here wreaks all kinds of havoc on you.

Steelrat
01-03-2004, 11:45 PM
I agree that they help with the airball. As someone pointed out, however, its the same with all guns. Its the barrel length, not the overall gun length, that lets you push back the bunker. So the abnormally large length of the timmy really doesnt benefit you at all.

Personally, I think the Matrix, the Timmy, and the Viking are roughly equivilant overall. It comes down to personal preference. I actually prefer a nice eblade to anything else, even my Viking.

Crazy
01-03-2004, 11:49 PM
ok, i understand what your saying about the length, one thing it does help though is balance, which i do like.

I also agree on the timmy, matrix and nice eblace comment.

Ryknow
01-04-2004, 12:17 AM
Allright fine crazy. Here is where I come from.

Lets compare a Destructive Viking and a Lasoya Intimidator.

The Destructive viking weighs less than a x-mag.. it wins the weight category.

This is all my personal experiance also from my Lasoys timmy to my 2k3 non-milled Excalibur when it was WAS'd.

In game I could shoot my excal faster with paint than I could my timmy.

Efficiency wise they are both very good, but the excal is just that much more efficient.

My Excal is more consistent due to the SCM I'm sure.

My excal also has a lot less of a kick, since the LPR is at 55.

IMO I could compare a COMPLETELY decked out trix to a fully up'ed Viking/Excal. By fully up'ed I mean SCM, clamping neck, razor blade trigger, eyes, was board. In the matrix Gen-e eyes, Evolve bolt kit, C4 mod, LCD, SCM LPR, everything. They should get roughly the same efficiency, speed, and kick. Yes same kick, LPR on Viks/Excals can be lowered a lot to reduce kick.

and by the price thing I meant that Viking priced are less than timmy priced (new, not used).

magsRus
01-04-2004, 12:17 AM
All right guys take it easy on CRAZY

...the dude likes TBS and JEW you gotta be down with that

oh yeah and timmys and eblade cockers rule :p

nastymag
01-04-2004, 12:26 AM
yes i have been to my fair amount of tournys.

yes i did see players using 16 inch barrels, most of them ... no.
the ones that did where the back players
and a few front players. but by no means the majority.

Ov3rmind
01-04-2004, 12:29 AM
*kicks back with bucket of popcorn*

agdemagman69
01-04-2004, 12:34 AM
yes i have been to my fair amount of tournys.

yes i did see players using 16 inch barrels, most of them ... no.
the ones that did where the back players
and a few front players. but by no means the majority.

If i recall Farside kids front players always used 16 inch+ barrels

trevorjk
01-04-2004, 04:28 AM
you would see that 16" are very common, and useful, as long as you know how to play with them.

well from that statement barrel size doesnt mean anything say i have a 6 inch barrel on my marker and i play just as well if not better then every other player on the feild that would just prove your statement false. but for practical reasons like accuracy and a recommended 8 inches for accuracy 6 inch barrel would be useless

what im trying to say is anything extra on the marker is all personal choice and playing style just like the gun it's self so sure some markers have better efficiency and some look better and some feal better and heck some are know to be softer on paint then the rest but one guns negative out ways its positive and bascially evens the playing feild for all top end markers....

and why hasent anyone said anything about an angel?

GT
01-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by afrankart
What exactly are you trying to persuade them not to get?

AKA warranty > everyone elses

no its not. I just sent a viking over to AKA and managed to rack up 63 bucks worth of stuff that needed to be "fixed." Nice warrenty!

tobz
01-04-2004, 11:31 AM
I start two posts in the last couple days and both spawn arguments. Sorry about that.

*steals some of Ov3rmind's popcorn*

peace

Steelrat
01-04-2004, 01:17 PM
Gtrsi,

What did they charge you for, the labor? Or wear items that arent covered?

Crazy
01-04-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by trevorjk

well from that statement barrel size doesnt mean anything say i have a 6 inch barrel on my marker and i play just as well if not better then every other player on the feild that would just prove your statement false. but for practical reasons like accuracy and a recommended 8 inches for accuracy 6 inch barrel would be useless

what im trying to say is anything extra on the marker is all personal choice and playing style just like the gun it's self so sure some markers have better efficiency and some look better and some feal better and heck some are know to be softer on paint then the rest but one guns negative out ways its positive and bascially evens the playing feild for all top end markers....

and why hasent anyone said anything about an angel?

Longer barrels (16") can give a distinct advantage on airball fields.
And yes, why hasn't anyone mentioned an Angel? ACED or even HK angels are very face/efficent/reliable.

tobz
01-04-2004, 02:31 PM
But what about consistent in long strings? I've heard bad things about WDP regs.. Maybe it's changed, but I don't know enough about them, that's why I didn't mention them.

GT
01-04-2004, 02:40 PM
Gtrsi,

What did they charge you for, the labor? Or wear items that arent covered?

LPR orings and a worn bolt? Kinda suprised about the bolt considering I played with it once since the lastime it had visited AKA. I think that having to buy another board because your older board went dumb is pretty crappy. Samething with the older 'noids in the excals. There are problems and the owners are expected to pay for thier solutions....

I think thier warrenty is good but I also believe that it is way over hyped by AKA owners. Is it better than most in the industry? You bet, I think that AGD is alittle better with thier warrenty and service.

Just my experince which is probally alittle more extensive than most given my experience with AKA and AGD....

cphilip
01-04-2004, 03:01 PM
I hope i Offend cphilip

Most likely you will. I would bet money on it.... ;)

Army
01-04-2004, 03:36 PM
BTW, after most of the bedroom echo was removed from that vid, actual count was around 18-20cps.

Hardly mind boggling.

GT
01-04-2004, 03:40 PM
I hope i Offend cphilip

And that is what makes you so cool:(

punkncat
01-04-2004, 04:19 PM
Length? have you ever played airball boy? Going to put a dz3 and a 5" speedball barrel on your viking? length matters and is an advantage. Hence why most nppl/psp players use the 16" nowadays.

[/B]

Actually the reason airballers use long barrels is because they can push into the bunker with it and still shoot out the other side.
True it is an advantage and why people use it.But not an accuracy or efficiency advantage.

punkncat
01-04-2004, 04:36 PM
As far as what marker is better?
That all really and truly comes down to what is comfortable in your hand and what you shoot best with.How the weight affects you , or doesn't.Whether the problems that you will inevitably come across with any paintball marker are difficult for you or not.

My personal opinion of a Timmy is not high.Great marker for many people? Yes.
My cup of Tea? No.
I think the Viking is a brick, although I have only seen an "older" one.I HEAR they are awesome , but I really didn't see anything about it that was remarkable.
E Blades/Raceguns are nice.The E trigger does away with all the problems that the mechanical trigger gives you concerning short stroking, etc.Cockers (other than very few) tend to be bricks too.
Matrix is a huge brick too.Very large and until recently very heavy.I have to admit though , I have not seen another marker on the field go as fast as reliably.
Mags are really sort of funny.For the advance seen in the Lvl 10 , the weight , feel and reliability , you would think that MANY people would use them.But they dont.

magsRus
01-04-2004, 07:44 PM
A lot of teams use longer barrels because when their running to their bunkers its easy to put on hand on your hopper your other hand is shooting your gun and your looking right down your barrel so of course a longer barrel would be easier to AIM OFF OF

Ov3rmind
01-04-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by magsRus
A lot of teams use longer barrels because when their running to their bunkers its easy to put on hand on your hopper your other hand is shooting your gun and your looking right down your barrel so of course a longer barrel would be easier to AIM OFF OF
Why would you have one hand on your hopper while you're running? I mean, I'm just trying to picture this.

paintballer7_7_7
01-04-2004, 08:47 PM
Well i dont mean to interupt your argument but i want to put my two cents in on what gun he should get. Well if you ask me i would go with the X-mag. I got one awhile ago shoots awesomely. My brother got an angel 4 and he want to shoot mine more than he does his. The X-mag is fast, sexy, and reliable.

Crazy
01-04-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by punkncat

Actually the reason airballers use long barrels is because they can push into the bunker with it and still shoot out the other side.
True it is an advantage and why people use it.But not an accuracy or efficiency advantage.

um, that was my point considering 90% of tournaments these days are on airball fields.

No sKiLLz
01-04-2004, 09:09 PM
It just struck me who Viking owners remind me of. Jehovahs Witnesses!

Steelrat
01-04-2004, 09:28 PM
Oh boy, another insightful post. And hey, whoever said the Jehovahs Witnesses are wrong?

So, its okay for Matrix owners, Intimidator owners, etc to say good things about their guns, but the minute Viking owners pipe up, we're religious fanatics?

tobz
01-04-2004, 09:31 PM
I also want to get a visual on this..

"Running with one hand on the hopper" thing..

Got any pics of the retardedness?

No offense intended, just poking fun ;)

Crazy
01-04-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz

ahahhahah, So true!

No sKiLLz
01-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Oh boy, another insightful post. And hey, whoever said the Jehovahs Witnesses are wrong?

So, its okay for Matrix owners, Intimidator owners, etc to say good things about their guns, but the minute Viking owners pipe up, we're religious fanatics?

How many other religions bother you at home to convince you that their way is the light? Case in point, how many Viking threads have been posted on AO? Seriously, Vikings shoot nice. I almost got my GF a Destructive. What bothers me is the otherwordly claims and the absence of a grasp on reality.

There are exceptions, like you. You will admit there are other ways to lay paint effectively and markers with qualities that surpass the Viking. That's why I won't light you up too badly at No vs. So Cal AO. :D

J/K

Steelrat
01-04-2004, 11:26 PM
I'd talk smack, but unfortunately im somewhat deficient in the skills department, so you probably WILL mop the floor with me :D

afrankart
01-05-2004, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz

It just struck me who would say something like that. One of Jerry's Kids.:D

No sKiLLz
01-05-2004, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by afrankart

It just struck me who would say something like that. One of Jerry's Kids.:D

What does a muscular disorder have to do with identifying fanatacism? Perhaps a charity to help those with mental retardation was what you were trying to convey, but that only supports a theory of how easy it is for even mentally defficient people to identify that there is a problem with people who swear their markers perform magic.

Gijim
01-05-2004, 04:24 PM
Ok it all boils down to perception and feel. You can give all the "data" you want but if it feels funny to me I'll toss it aside and play with something else. The way things work these days effiency(sp) has no bearing on the purchase of a marker. I can fill up after every game, like most people, so that arguement is for people who get obsessed with "data". Looks DOES have a big effect on whether someone buys it or not. Weight has little to do with it, if it feels good and looks nice then its sold. Part of the reason that I picked a mag is it is so much smaller than most markers. I liked the trigger on timmies and angels but I felt like I was holding a tall brick that was uncomfortable for me to shoot, while others pick them up and fall in love with them. So just go with your heart:D or pocket book;)

ej_y4
01-05-2004, 05:31 PM
Calling the viking owners Jehovahs Witneses is going to far. They where just adding there $0.02 in this thread. I have never shoot a viking, so i dont know how nice they are. however it comes down to person choice. Try them all if you can, and make up your own mind.

Ov3rmind
01-05-2004, 06:09 PM
Ok, since there is overwhelming support for Vikings in this thread, and I own one, let me counteract with what I consider some drawbacks (contrary to what many believe, it is not the perfect gun).

-This is not a light gun (atleast my 03 wasn't, 04s are less, but I don't know the exact difference). While not as heavy as an older Shocker, if weight is a concern, it is worth the extra cash to buy a Featherlite or a Destructive.

-Out of the box my trigger sucked. The pull was stiff and long. If you want that great trigger feel everyone is talking about, you're going to need to buy a Razor Blade, take out the trigger spring (which is atleast twice as long as it needs to be), and spend some time adjusting the trigger. The set screw for the firing point kept backing out on my gun, but that was easily solved by a little Loc Tite.

-If you have an 04, you can disreguard this, but personally, I think having to file a slot in the tray for the eye wires is kinda' stupid. I just don't like doing that sort of thing to a gun I spent over $800 on.

-The last bunch of 03s had FSDO (most of them atleast). Many of the newer 04s also had some weird leaks coming from the ram area. Although these are normally easy things to fix (I'm actually not sure if they've diagnosed the 04 leaks yet, you'd have to ask Dan Voils), they are still anoying.

There are some honest to God negatives. Overall I still really love the gun, but it doesn't have a clear spot at the top of my favorites. The best thing you can do is try one out, that's all I have to say.

tony3
01-05-2004, 06:32 PM

OH PICK ME!11!!

Damn straight boy, you better not say anything about the TBS quote or else Ill get mad:p