PDA

View Full Version : Ok.....now what?

CustomRTuleMan
01-03-2004, 08:00 PM
Hi everybody. I'm BRAND NEW to automags. I don't have a clue about them. My question is, I just ordered a Custom RT ULE yesterday morning. The base model comes with:
"an X-Valve with Level Ten Antichop System, Carbon Fiber Grip Frame with Rubber Grips, your choice of Stainless Mainbody, RT-Pro Rail, RT-Pro Foregrip and Sight Rail, Hose and Bottom Line, and Twist-Lock Barrel.", but these are the upgrades I selected for it:
-blue ULE Vertical Mainbody
-Intelliframe with blade trigger
-ULE 2 piece cocker-threaded barrel
-ULE trigger pull kit
That is what I ordered. My gun should get to me by about Wednesday or Thursday I hope. My question is, what EXACTLY do I need to do from the time I open up the box that has my gun in it, to the time I go out to play with it in a game? What EXACTLY do I need to adjust/fiddle with? Please be very specific, as I know hardly nothing about mags. Thanks in advance.

dyeforever
01-03-2004, 08:09 PM
just gas it up and see what happens. u should know that RT only run off of compressed air or nitrogen, NO CO2! look around the forums and your granteed to find help.

CustomRTuleMan
01-03-2004, 08:18 PM
So I don't have to break any parts in or tweak any settings or anything?

dyeforever
01-03-2004, 08:53 PM
i did need to, just make sure everything is oil up good.

abarnhar
01-03-2004, 09:06 PM
All mechanical parts will "break-in" over time. Two pieces interacting with each other will wear in unique ways and adapt to the pressures being submitted to them. The pieces in your reg, your trigger frame, etc will all become smoother as they polish themselves against other parts (baring major malfunctions or manufacturing flaws).

You also might have some adjusting of the Level 10 to do, but you won't know that until you put air to it.

Welcome to AO and the Mag family!

CustomRTuleMan
01-03-2004, 09:14 PM
W00T! Thanks!! "adjusting" of the lvl 10? How would I adjust it, and how would I know if it needs to be adjusted?

abarnhar
01-03-2004, 09:33 PM
You'll have o-ring carriers that fit in the power tube. You adjust it by putting larger or smaller carriers in there.

If you leak down the barrel, you need a smaller carrier. That's about all you will have to worry about.

Don't worry, AGD includes a quick-setup disc for the LX that is really helpful.