PDA

View Full Version : A.I.R. Valve runs better on CO2 than HP? Seems odd....

Pirate_X
01-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Hey all, this is my first post on AO...

Just had a question... Was browsing store.airgun.com today and pulled up the description for the Minimag... Here's the quote from the description:

Comes with the standard Advanced Integrated Regulator valve that is better with CO2.

So, my question, as the topic alludes to... Does the original A.I.R. valve ACTUALLY run better on CO2 than an HP system? Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, but if somebody could enlighten me, it would be greatly appreciated.

It was my understanding that essentially ANY rig runs better on HP than CO2, for a number of reasons... Any ideas why it would be posted on the site that CO2 is the way to go?

Thanks!

Miscue
01-04-2004, 04:40 PM
You got me... HPA is better, more stable.

tobz
01-04-2004, 04:44 PM
I think they are referring to the fact that the AIR valve works better with CO2 than the R/T valves. Obvious, since RT's can't run CO2 at all (maybe with major tweaking, but moot point for this).

T.J.

Pirate_X
01-04-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by tobz
I think they are referring to the fact that the AIR valve works better with CO2 than the R/T valves.

That is certainly possible... What a badly-worded sentance if you're correct though...

tobz
01-04-2004, 04:56 PM
Wow, didn't notice that. Thanks :) I actually had to re-read it about 5 times to see what you were talking about.

Just imagine it's proper grammar.

T.J.

slushee
01-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
You got me... HPA is better, more stable.

as far as I'm concerned, this guy's word is gods word to me....

Branchvillian
01-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Yeh, I'm pretty sure they are refering to the fact that the A.I.R valves run better than Co2 then Rt valves would.

Lorquas
01-04-2004, 06:06 PM
sence it was a minimag, they might be refering to the vert asa... that helps with co2...

Derman2k
01-04-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Lorquas
sence it was a minimag, they might be refering to the vert asa... that helps with co2...

I agree with this guy

tobz
01-04-2004, 08:23 PM
Stick a fork in me, for I am teh suck.

Pirate_X
01-04-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by tobz
Wow, didn't notice that. Thanks :) I actually had to re-read it about 5 times to see what you were talking about.

Just imagine it's proper grammar.

T.J.

Hope that you didn't think that I was implying that it was YOUR sentance that was worded badly.... I was referring to the website... unless that is also what you were referring to... in which case please ignore everything I just said.... somebody hand me a shovel.

Ahh yes, confusion all around!

I'm going to ASSUME that either:
1) What they MEANT to say is that the A.I.R. valve runs better on CO2 than any of the other 'mag valves offered, OR
2) Somebody was smoking the cheap stuff when it was written... (please send me some)

Thanks for clarifying this, you see I'm easily confused, especially if shiny objects are involved....

Adam

athomas
01-06-2004, 02:39 PM
WEll, if you are stuck running CO2, the AIR valve is your only choice. If you have HPA, then buy the new retro mag offered.

http://store.airgun.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=17&CATID=25&ObjectGroup_ID=106

nerobro
01-06-2004, 06:13 PM
On CO2 the AIR runs at a lower pressure.... CO2 has a higher molecular weight and will produce higher velocitys for lower pressure than nitrogen. So your trigger pull will be softer. (The magic box actually was a way to return the "co2" feel to mags when they went to nitrogen) I dunno if you could say better. But it will work better than an RT valve.

Jui Viente Dos
01-08-2004, 05:49 PM
It means that the valve since it's regulated shoots on Co2 better than other guns perhaps. It doesn't mean that the A.I.R. is better then the X-Valve, just better in it's own class of valves.

I think that makes sense.