PDA

View Full Version : Legal Defense Fund - Smart Parts

homis
01-04-2004, 06:21 PM
Anyone have information pertaining to a fund established that can be contributed to online by individual players for the SP patent fight? I'd toss $5 in the pot.

Prairie
01-04-2004, 06:46 PM
What the hell are you talking about?

homis
01-04-2004, 06:53 PM
I haven't seen any resolutions or decisions posted as to the status of the Smart Parts lawsuit regarding electronic markers (either in the large thread or in general), so I figured it is still in process. As such, I was interested in making a small donation to any type of fund established for legal fees related to the suit. What the hell is your problem, bub?

c sherer
01-04-2004, 06:57 PM
I think you are referring to the fund established for AKA to help them fight smart parts. Unless you were referring to a fund to help smart parts, which I doubt exists and probably never will as they have become the most hated company in the sport due to their lawsuits.

Maybe Prarie thought you were supporting SP and was expressing his disbelief that someone would support SP let alone want to contribute to their fight monetarily...?

CoSh

homis
01-04-2004, 06:58 PM
Prarie,

I have found a thread related to exactly what I was describing (a legal fund for the anti-Smart Parts patent issue in case you're incapable of deriving the meaning from this sentence as well).

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116849&highlight=smart+parts+patent

Let me know if you need any further explanation of any part or post on this thread.

Prairie
01-04-2004, 08:17 PM
Hey buddy,

I have donated my money to the AKA legal fund, as well as organized the first AKA forum meet to support AKA.

The way you worded your first post made it VERY clear that you wanted to donate to the "Smart-Parts defense" fund.

I checked with other people to see if I was mis-reading it, they all felt you were looking to support smart parts.

Even in your second post you never mentioned anything about you being ANTI smart parts. We simply thought you were out of your gord and were supporting SP.

In the future, try and be a bit more specific about what you are trying to do...with your join date I had just assumed you were being a nice little flamer.

I'm glad youre not.

cphilip
01-04-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by homis
Prarie,

I have found a thread related to exactly what I was describing (a legal fund for the anti-Smart Parts patent issue in case you're incapable of deriving the meaning from this sentence as well).

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116849&highlight=smart+parts+patent

Let me know if you need any further explanation of any part or post on this thread.

Well I don't need any further explanation. You just admitted its a duplicate thread then? Ok then why did you post it?

Its close then.