PDA

View Full Version : Barrels Barrels Barrels... which to buy?

nate2k191
01-05-2004, 02:06 AM
Which barrel makes a mag truly shine. i know its one between 8-12 inches, but i need you AO peeps expert advice on what barrel i should slap on my mag.

awww skeet skeeeeet.

Josh2Xtremes
01-05-2004, 05:50 AM
I've played paintball for over ten years. Swivelling my office chair to the right, you will see three Automags hanging on my wall. One Retrovalve Automag, one "JEWLE Mag" and one XMag. They all have one barrel in common; Powerlyte. Whether it be a Scepter multi-sleeve kit, two-piece Speedline or one-piece Speedline, Powerlyte barrels are an excellent product that always get me "wow this 'gun is amazing" comments at fields. Just my two cents.
Josh

edweird
01-05-2004, 06:18 AM
VVVVV Check the sig VVVVVV

Josh2Xtremes
01-05-2004, 06:23 AM
See the above signature for a fine example of a good man.

TheDoveDecends
01-05-2004, 02:23 PM
personally ive always been a Freak and All American fan. I have a 2 peice 14" AA for my mag.

With recent events a lot of people aren't buying SP merchandise. But i do think their barrels are good barrels.

Dayspring
01-05-2004, 02:30 PM
Going to have to say Powerlyte again.

Great smooth barrels, excellent contruction, accurate bore sizes, great QA and just a good company in general.

Most of the guys on my team, as well as our family of teams, are using the Scepter.

GA Devil
01-05-2004, 02:32 PM
I personally like my carbon fiber barrel on my mags versus any other barrels ive tried..which have been quite a few.

Gabriel
01-05-2004, 02:55 PM
or do what I am doing... buy a wwa 'dye' freak back end, and a stiffi freak front... hehehe

Chojin Man
01-05-2004, 06:52 PM
I can tell you a barrel not to purchase is the SP All American(the older design without the threads). The other day I was swabing it out and the darn glue that was holding it together came apart. :mad:

i_baked_cookies
01-05-2004, 06:55 PM
if you want to go cheap- go with the sp teardrop or dye xcel

i personally like the teardrop because it looks cooler... their performances are the same

theyre not perfect, but they shoot straight as long as you have a mid-high bore size for the teardrop and a mid boresize for the xcel

Trina
01-05-2004, 09:07 PM
Wow, thanks guys!! I was just thinking about which barrel to get for the new XMag when I saw this thread.

Three people whose opinions I would highly trust on this forum, have recommended the Powerlyte. I checked out the reviews on pbreview.com and this barrel system got MANY great reviews! Seems like you are getting a great system for an even better price!

Personally, I think I'll go with the Powerlyte Sceptor three insert system. This seems like a great one to start out with, and I can always buy more inserts later.

Funny, it looks a lot like the barrel that comes stock w/ the XMag.:D

TheDuelist
01-05-2004, 09:31 PM
Scepter all the way.

punkcmonkiez
01-05-2004, 09:35 PM
cp!!!!! thier one pieve barrels cant be beat for quality accuracy looks and price

50 cal
01-05-2004, 09:38 PM
I've used 32* Carbon Fiber barrels on any Mag I've owned. Always shoot great no matter what paint I stuffed in it.

devildog
01-05-2004, 09:45 PM
i also am a fan of the freak set ;)

a_malfunction
01-05-2004, 09:51 PM
I've always loved Lapco barrels. Some if the most efficent barrels on the market.

sneakyhacker420
01-05-2004, 11:03 PM
11.5" Armson SSR (2-peice with straight rifiling)

i have one on my micro-e and its been shootin darts since i got it

ps: its .690 bore, so its good with almost any paint... thats not uber-small

Major Ho
01-05-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by a_malfunction
I've always loved Lapco barrels. Some if the most efficent barrels on the market.
And only $50 bucks a pop available in .686 .689 and just recently found a .693

fdrsk8boarder
01-05-2004, 11:53 PM
anyone have any opinons on the wgp barrel kit?

bunkermaster10
01-05-2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by nate2k191
[B} awww skeet skeeeeet. [/B]

AWwwwww SKEET SKEET GOD DA....

Yea if you want a kit for it go w/ the edge, scepeter, or freak. Single barrels Dye boomy, SP AA', CP .689.

ERut
01-06-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by punkcmonkiez
cp!!!!! thier one pieve barrels cant be beat for quality accuracy looks and price

YES! The price difference between a scepter and a CP one piece far outweighs any performance differences, unless money's not an issue. CP's are great barrels for 30 clams.

SpecialBlend2786
01-06-2004, 02:09 AM
I always liked J and J Barrels. I have a ceramic on my mag, shoots wonderful. I have a 1-piece Powerlyte Speedline on my cocker, excellent barrel and very cheap too.

Scircal
01-06-2004, 02:46 AM
I currently use a Boomstick (14") and it isn't bad, tho it's a little more expensive than I'd like. Have used in the past a Lapco Big Shot (14"), Armson Pro Series (13"), SP All American (16", old design). The AA I wasn't too impressed with; same with the Armson, but then it was a bigger bore and rarely did I use paint that fit it well (used it mainly when house paint was all I could afford). The Lapco Big Shot was a great barrel for the price and I recommend it for anyone on a budget. However, I found it did not have the same accuracy at longer ranges the Boomstick has. But again, that may not be worth the extra coin to some people. One barrel that is relatively cheap now, but which I've seen perform as well, if not better than the Boomy is the Dye stainless steel barrel. My brother uses one on his Mag and it shoots amazingly well. You can pick them up now for about $50, and even cheaper on Ebay. If I was buying an upgrade barrel on a budget today, that's what I'd get.

On a side note, when I get my ULE body, I plan on getting a Scepter. Seen them shot, been shot at by them. Very good.

bryceeden
01-06-2004, 03:41 PM
If you have a ULE body the WGP Kaner kit is my favorite.