PDA

View Full Version : Old L7 valve

Evil1
01-05-2004, 02:52 AM
The other day I found an old classic L7 valve in one of my team mate's basement. He told me I could have it since he only has an RTP and an EMag. Upon closer inspection of the valve, I've noticed the serial # is not legible and it says 68 Automag on it, nothing unusual there but the whole on/off assembly is way different from anything I've ever seen. It has a large stainless top w/ the urethane and teflon rings on top. The top piece almost looks like a retro on/off if you unscrew the bottom. And the bottom piece is a circular piece of stainless about 1/8" thick and there is another set of urethane and teflon orings between the top and bottom. The on/off pin looks like a stock on/off pin to me. My friend who gave the valve to me has no idea where the valve even came from and was surprised when I found it. The only person we think it belongs to has not been heard from in 3 years. Any help would be awesome.

i_baked_cookies
01-05-2004, 09:13 PM
take some pics and maybe the master himself, TK, could give us some input

Pyrate Jim
01-05-2004, 09:25 PM
Hang me if I can't remember the manufacturer, but I have one and been using it for years. Pro-Team, maybe?
I went through several different aftermarket valves and this one seemed to work well and it used the standard replacement o-rings.

GT
01-05-2004, 09:34 PM
flash,
pull the PT nut and see if it is a spring or spacer. I just picked up a few mags and one of them had the same lettering issues as you described and also is sprung instead of spaced.

Cool stuff, any bets that the valve still works with a few drops of oil in the asa?

Evil1
01-06-2004, 02:06 AM
The power tube has a spring. I forgot to mention that. I would send pics, but I a m having some trouble with that, bear with me I'm pretty computer illiterate. And I have tried the valve in one of my minis and shoot it does! It shoots awesome, well was shooting awesome till I chopped. I don't really know if the on/off has anything to do w/ it, but the valve almost feels like an RT valve while just shooting off strings but does not bounce. I will have to put a stock on/off in and compare b/c it has been a while since I've shot a classic valve. I have forgotten what they feel like ever since getting my EMag.

LoveMyMagMoreThanYou
01-06-2004, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by gtrsi
flash,
pull the PT nut and see if it is a spring or spacer. I just picked up a few mags and one of them had the same lettering issues as you described and also is sprung instead of spaced.

Cool stuff, any bets that the valve still works with a few drops of oil in the asa?

What kind of a bet is that? Do these valves ever stop working???